Status: Complete.

This Truth In Cliche

Friends

I don’t experience déjà vu very often but today I am. I’m sitting in the same booth at the same club drinking just like the night I saw her with Max. I really don’t know why we’re wasting our time fighting anymore. I mean I could just as easily take my life or move and I’ll be out of Charlotte’s live for good. But why is it so hard to do? All I’ve ever wanted was for Charlotte to be happy and she has made it clear that she’d be way happier without me. She has a boyfriend and she has Max, there’s obviously no room for me. As for Max, he has been done with me since they kicked me out of the band. Even the person who was supposed to be my best friend doesn’t want me. So there’s no need to stick around this town.

I was down to my fourth drink when I saw Max out on the dance floor. I got up and headed for the door to leave when I ran into Charlotte. Should’ve known she would be here since Max was. It’s sickening how he looks at her with those love stricken eyes when she’s not looking at him.

“What the fuck? Watch where you’re going. Oh my fucking god, Ronnie. Get the hell out of here.” She said yelling the last part.

“You don’t own this place. So I’ll stay if I want.” And to prove my point I marched my ass back to the booth. She stood frozen until I smirked at her then she stormed off to Max. I waited for a few minutes before I got up again to leave.

“Good he’s leaving.” I heard Charlotte say.

“Stupid bitch.”

“Go kill yourself.”

“Fuck you.” I said through gritted teeth on my way towards the door to go home and pack.

(Normal POV)

Ronnie left the club in a hurry so I turned to Max to say something but I noticed his facial expression was kind of strange looking. “Max? You, uh, okay?”

“Yeah. Why?” He said looking just as normal as ever.

“Um, no reason. Anyways thank god Ronnie left, he was starting to ruin my night.”

“Yeah mine too.” Max brushed a hair out of my face and asked, “You want a drink?”

“No thanks.”

“God Charlotte I love you so much. Why did you ever waste your time on Ronnie? And Blake, Do you two even like each other?”

I bit my lip and replied slowly, “Max I—oh god. Um, Max, I don’t know how to say this but we can’t be together because—I love Blake.”

“But does he love you?”

“Max.” I warned. I felt my eyes get hot with tears so I blinked them back and looked to the ground beside my feet.

“Oh no, Charlotte, I’m sorry.” He said as he wrapped his arms around me and kissed the top of my head. I tried to push him away but he held on to me tighter. “Do you want to go home?” He whispered in my ear. I nodded my head and Max held my hand as we walked to the car. The car ride was quite, I mostly just looked out my window and Max knew to stay quite as he rested his hand on my leg. I really didn’t care at this point weather or not his hand was on my leg or not, I just wanted to be home.

“Charlotte?” Max asked softly.

“Yeah?”

“Please don’t hate me.”

“Max I could never hate you. You’re my best friend. Sure it upsets me a little that you love me and I can’t but we will get through this, we always do.” Max gave my leg a quick squeeze so I squeezed his hand back and smiled at him. He in turn lifted my hand to his lips and kissed my fingers. I sighed and looked back out the window.

“Please don’t ever forget me.” Max said as we pulled up the driveway.

I opened the door and walked around to his open window. “I wouldn’t dream of it.” I whispered and leaned down to kiss his forehead. “Bye Max.”

“Bye.” He replied as he backed out. I watched him until he was out of sight then I turned to go inside.
♠ ♠ ♠
Just got back from seeing Stellate.
They're awesome and you should check them out.
www.myspace.com/stellate

Comment.
Rate.
Subscribe.
Title Credit: Red Car Wire