When the Words Mean Nothing I'll Still Be Singing

Swings!

Toms P.O.V.

I was getting my shoes on so I could walk to Hunters house. I was excited to see her again… even if I had just seen her the night before.

“Where are you off to?” Oli asked as he came down the stairs, still in his Pj’s.

“Hunters.” I shrugged, “Oli, I don’t think I’m going to go along with this ‘plan’ of yours, Hunter’s really nice, and I don’t want to be part of anything you’re planning to hurt her.”

Oli quickly went from looking surprised to looking super pissed, “fine, do whatever the fuck you want Tom, but when you want something don’t even think of coming to me!”

And with that he stormed off into the kitchen. His terms were fine with me. As long as I had Hunter anything Oli was offering didn’t matter.

I exited the house and began the walk to Hunters. My mum was working today so I couldn’t use the car. It kinda sucked, but it wasn’t going to stop me from visiting Hunter.

Hunters P.O.V.

I was sitting at the island in the kitchen, watching Liam bake cookies while I waited for Tom.

“You’ve always been an amazing cook.” I stated as Liam started to put the dough on a cookie sheet.

“Why thank you.” He grinned.

“Better then mum.”

He laughed at that, “where’s all this coming from?”

I shrugged and continued to intently watch him plop large globs of dough down on the baking sheet.

“So when is Tom coming?”

“I, ahhh… don’t know a time. I just know he’s coming soon-ish.” I shrugged once again.

“Well that’s… nice?” he laughed.

I shrugged again as Liam finished plopping the dough on the cookie sheet, and put it in the oven. Once they were happily baking in the oven Liam came back over to the island and took the spoon out of the bowl, and put it in his mouth. He then handed me the bowl, which I excitedly took from him. Getting to eat the leftover dough was my favourite thing about Liam baking.

Liam and I ate our cookie dough in silence, until the doorbell rang. I quickly jumped off my stool and ran to the door.

“Thanks for the cookie dough!” I called to Liam as I opened the door and walked out.

“Ready?” Tom asked as I shut the door.

“Obviously.” I laughed and jokingly rolled my eyes.

“Good.” he smiled as he took my hand and started to lead the way.

My stomach started doing gymnastics. He was holding my hands! Tom Sykes was holding my hand! And of his own free will at that.

I didn’t say anything for the whole walk, nor did I realise that Tom was leading me to the park. I was too busy thinking about the fact that someone was willingly holding my hand, someone that I liked.

“Swings!” I cried excitedly as I started to run to them pulling Tom behind me.

He just laughed and ran with me. We each sat on a swing and began swinging, but after about a minute of swinging and talking Toms swing magically broke.”

“Oh. My, god!” I cried as I began to hysterically laugh at the face and the noise he made when his butt hit the ground, “ That was the best thing I’ve seen all week!”

Tom looked over at me, eyebrow raised, with that infamous Sykes brothers grin plaster on his face, “you do realise that this means we’re sharing a swing now, right?”

I shrugged and replied nonchalantly, “alright.”

I jumped off the swing and watched as he got up off the ground and got on my swing. Tom patted his lap inviting me to sit, which I did happily.

“I don’t think I’ve done this sense I was five.” Tom laughed.

“The spider? Me neither.” I agreed as I looked at his face.

He was so close; our noses were only a few inches away from each other. I looked deeply into his gorgeous blue eyes. I felt like I was swimming in them. They were so beautiful. Tom locked eyes with me too. I had a very powerful urge to lean in, close the distance between our lips, and kiss him. I resisted though. I quickly realised that I’d been starting at him for a little too long, and awkwardly looked away at some kids playing on the monkey bars.

Tom cleared his throat to catch my attention, “do you want to come over to my place?”

I thought about it foe a second, “sure… will Oliver be there?”

“Probably. We can just sneak you into my bedroom. If you’re okay with that, that is!”

I smiled and nodded. Tom stopped the swing and we both got off. He tool my hand again as we started to walk to his house.

I was really hopping Oliver wouldn’t be there. But with my luck he would be, just because some higher power hated me.
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry it’s taken me forever to update this! This is the last of the prewritten ones, so I don’t know when I’ll get the next part up seeing as I’m having the worst writers block of my life! It’s been 3 weeks!

Thanks to Zacky Baker, CypherToorima, and pilamena for commenting ^-^