Never Tear Us Apart

Perfect

*Anna’s P.O.V*

I lay in bed, staring at the ceiling as Gerard slept peacefully beside me.

Life was perfect for me. I had a wonderful family that I love hugely. I have amazing friends that I’ll carry till the end. I’m studying to do one of the things I have wanted to do for my whole life, and I have an unbelievable fiancé sleeping right next to me.

Of course, not everything was always perfect; I had problems with my friends, school, and Gerard once upon a time. But, I moved past that, and I couldn’t be happier.

“What are you thinking about?” Gerard whispered, turning on his side to look at me.

“I thought you were asleep?” I asked, rolling on my side to face Gerard.

“Well, I’m not any more.” Gerard answered.

I smiled and looked down at my hands.

“So what were you thinking about?” Gerard asked again, bringing his hand up to sweep away strands of hair in my face.

“I was just thinking about stuff.” I answered.

“Stuff like?” Gerard asked slowly.

“Stuff like, stuff. The past, and the day you proposed to me.” I said smiling and playing with the huge diamond ring on my left hand.

“Ah, how could I not forget that day… I was so nervous. Mikey laughed at me for it.” Gerard remembered.

“I remember trying not to laugh myself. I have no idea why you were so nervous though, you know I was going to say yes anyway.” I said.

“Yeah, but, I wanted everything to be perfect.” Gerard whispered, wrapping his arms around my waist and pulling me to him.

“What could’ve been more perfect Gerard? You took me on a weekend away, for my birthday, gave me a beautiful dinner, and then took me for a walk in the woods were you lead me to the very middle of it, were you had set up tea lights, candles and flowers everywhere. And you asked me with the most beautiful poem I have ever heard, one you had written for me… I couldn’t of asked for anything better, it was so perfect and romantic.” I explained.

“Yeah, but it would’ve been so easy to fuck everything up.” Gerard fought back quietly.

“But you didn’t, it was perfect.” I said, wrapping my arms around Gerard’s neck. “You’re perfect.” I whispered.

I pulled Gerard’s head gently towards mine and I kissed him passionately.

“I love you.” Gerard mumbled into my neck.

“I love you too.” I whispered, playing with his newly cut and dyed blonde hair.

“Did you bring your uniform home?” I asked as Gerard brought his head up to look at me.

“Which one?” Gerard asked.

“Your school one.” I replied sarcastically.

‘Oh, the Black Parade one.” Gerard realized. “Yeah I brought it home. Why?”

“Just asking.” I said slyly.

“I know what your up to.” Gerard said smiling.

“And that is?” I tested him.

“I know you wear my jacket when I’m not around. Alicia does the same thing with Mikey’s, and he’s caught her out as well.” Gerard said.

“So what! They’re awesome okay? I can’t help it if you design awesome clothes!” I defended.

Gerard laughed and shook his head. I smiled and snuggled into him.

Not long after, I heard Gerard’s soft snores. I giggled and kissed him softly on the cheek.

Yep, things are absolutely perfect…

____________________________
Comments are nice :)