Status: Complete - Check out the sequel :)

When Duty Calls

Chapter 17

Andie stared at her reflection in the mirror as she buttoned up her shirt over now clearly visible bump. A small smile tugged at her lips as she felt the tiny flutter of her baby kicking within her. She couldn’t deny she was enjoying being pregnant, especially since the morning sickness had stopped. She loved the feeling of her baby moving and kicking, and she was surprised to find herself loving the way her stomach was growing. The only thing getting her down was the lying and how Brian was being about the whole situation. He was being so laid back about it, as if he didn’t care about the continuous lies. The other thing she was having difficulty with was something that she felt kind of embarrassed about. Over the past couple of weeks she was finding herself constantly craving sex.

She sighed as she gently rubbed the palm of her hand over her steadily growing stomach before heading out of her room and across the hall to check on Connor before getting Ella up and dressed.

“Morning guys.” Andie cheered with a widening smile as she entered the kitchen with Ella gripping onto her fingers as she walked into the room.

“Morning, oh look at our baby girl!” Michelle cheered with a beaming smile, clapping as Ella laughed, letting go of Andie’s fingers to clap along with her mother.

“Go on then, go see mommy.” Andrea whispered encouragingly as she crouched down to Ella’s height and pointed her finger in Michelle’s direction. Everyone watched quietly as Ella gave a small giggle before taking her first small step towards her mother, her arms out by her side as she kept her eyes on Michelle as she slipped from her chair to crouch with her arms stretched out. An eruption of cheers and applause spread throughout the kitchen as Michelle took Ella into her arms and spun her around.

“Oh you are such a clever girl.” Michelle cheered as she sat back down with Ella on her lap.

“It was a close one, but I told you she’d be walking before her first birthday.” Andrea said proudly as she took a seat at the breakfast table.

“I can’t believe she’s going to be one tomorrow. This last year has gone so quickly.” Michelle swooned as Ella slipped down to sit on her lap, reaching out for the slice of toast on Michelle’s plate.

“I know, she was so small when I started.” Andie replied with reminiscent smile as she set about getting herself breakfast.

“Oh my God you’re right, you know I’d almost forgotten that you’ve only been with us seven months.” Michelle replied with widening eyes.

“Wow, has it only been seven months?” Brian replied.

“I know, it feels like she has always been part of our family.” Michelle replied, missing the wink Brian gave Andie.

“Anyway, is there anything you want me to do today ready for her party tomorrow?” Andie asked with another smile.

“Um, I think everything’s under control actually, although you could help Brian with the balloons, we’ve managed to get one of those helium canisters but they need to be tied to the ribbon ready for putting up.” she replied.

“Yeah, I guess I could do that.” She replied with a sideways glance at Brian who stood up taking his and Connor’s dishes to the sink as Connor made his way up the stairs to finish getting ready for school.

“Are you sure? You’re looking a little flushed, everything okay with the baby?” Michelle replied.

“Oh um, I’m fine.” She replied feeling herself blush.

“Oh, wait a minute. How far are you now? Fifteen, sixteen weeks?” she began and Andie nodded silently. “Remember what I was like once I hit sixteen weeks on both Connor and Ella?” she said turning to Brian who looked thoughtful for a moment before a smirk crept onto his thin lips.

“Oh hell yes, we had some of the best sex during those couple of months.” he said with a satisfying nod.

“Is that you’re problem?” Michelle asked quietly. Knowing she was already a deep shade of red Andie nodded.

“Oh honey, I wish there was something I could do to help you.” she said sympathetically. “Right, now I’ve got to head off.” Michelle said getting up and passing Ella to Brian. “Seeing that you’ve got the day off I want you to do the bulk of the work for Andie today.”

“Of course.” He replied pecking her lips.

“Bye guys. Oh hey, Andie, do you want to borrow Brian for your little problem. He knows exactly what he’s doing.” She said with a wink as she headed through the door, Andie laughing nervously as she turned a deeper shade of red.

“Now that’s an idea.” Brian muttered with a wink.
Andrea shot him a warning look as she heard Connor coming back down the stairs.

“Come on dude, I’ll take you to school today.” Brian said as Connor walked back into the kitchen with his back pack on his shoulders.

“Okay, See you later Andie.” He replied leaning up to kiss her cheek.

A few hours later Andie stepped out of Ella’s bedroom after putting her down for her nap and made her way downstairs to where Brian was sat in the kitchen setting up the helium canister for the balloons.

“Bloody Hell! Did Michelle buy enough balloons?” she said looking at the numerous packets of balloons that were sat on the kitchen table.

“I know, maybe she’s planning on tying them to a chair or something and hoping that somebody floats away.” Brian replied with a small chuckle.

Andie rolled her eyes and shook her head as she sat down in the chair opposite him.

“Do you know what you’re doing with that thing?” she asked holding back a smirk.

“How difficult can it be?” he replied dismissively as he picked up a bag of pink balloons off the table.

“Bri, please tell me that you’ve read the instructions.” She said with another eye roll as she watched him take a balloon out and look for the place on the canister to fill it.

“Instructions are for idiots!” he replied with a sideways glance at her.

“Oh Dear God!” she muttered with an eye roll.

“Babe I promise, I know what I’m doing, I did the balloons for Connors party didn’t I?” he replied with raised eyebrows.

“Bri, you blew them all up yourself remember! You could barely breath after and that’s when you decided to get helium ones for Ella’s birthday.” She replied with an exasperated sigh.

“Oh shit yeah, okay, I’ll read the instructions.” He replied sheepishly exchanging the balloon in his hand for the sheet of instructions.

“Thank you.” she replied with a relieved smile.

“Anything for you babe, you know that.” He replied with a wink.

She replied with a sullen nod of her head, picking up the roll of ribbon that had also been placed on the table. “Once you’ve figured out what you’re doing with that, you can blow them up and I’ll tie them to the ribbon.” She said politely.

“Sounds good to me.” Brian replied, his eyes not leaving the sheet of instructions.

“I’ll tie them in bunches of three, two pink ones around the ones with ‘Happy 1st Birthday’ on them, does that sound okay to you?” she asked.

“That sounds great, right, this is easy enough to work.” He replied picking up the pack of balloons again and started to inflate them.

They sat in almost silence for the most part, Brian handing Andie balloons for her to tie to ribbon, tying them in groups of three before tying them to various pieces of furniture to stop them floating up to the ceiling.

“Babe, are you okay?” Brian asked breaking the silence after what seemed like an eternity as he passed her another balloon.

“I’m fine.” She replied simply forcing a small smile in the hope to convince him.

“Like hell you are, I’ve never seen you this quiet.” He replied adamantly.

“I’m fine.” She repeated “honestly.” She said looking into his eyes, hoping that he wouldn’t notice the lie in her voice.

Brian nodded although the look on his face told Andie he wasn’t totally convinced by her answer. With another forced smile she tied the balloon to the lilac ribbon before standing up and walking over tie the ribbon to a handle of one of the cupboard doors.

“At worst I feel bad for a while, but then I just smile, I go ahead and smile.” Brian sang in a high pitched, squeaky voice. Andie turned to face him, seeing him sat with a half filled balloon in his hand and a smirk on his face. Try as she might she couldn’t help the laughter that exploded from her as he continued to sing.

“You’re a freak.” She giggled as she stood beside the counter clutching her sides.

“Did the job though didn’t it? I got you smiling.” He replied smugly after taking another mouthful of helium.

“Yeah, I guess you, oh, hello there.” she replied abruptly stopping laughing and placing her hands onto her stomach.

“What? What’s wrong?” Brian said almost leaping from his seat to be by her side, placing his hands over hers.

“Bri it’s fine, apparently he or she likes me laughing though.” She replied with a small chuckle as she felt her baby move, Brian’s hands slipping onto her stomach.

“Wow, I’d forgotten how amazing this actually feels.” Brian whispered as their heads lifted so their eyes met.

“It feels so wonderful.” She replied in a whisper, their eyes still locked.

“That’s our baby Andie.” He said with a smile.

“I know.” She replied allowing her smile to widen at the knowledge. Slowly Brian tilted his head allowing his lips to brush against hers. Andie closed her eyes at the sensation, a small moan escaping her lips encouraging Brian to apply more pressure.

The next thing she knew she was being lifted, Brian’s hands slipping up the underside of her top, turning them and placing her onto the table. As his hands came around to work loose the buttons of her top her fingers fumbled with the buttons of his jeans, her pregnancy craving for sex driving her on. Her shirt was quickly shrugged off and dropped to the floor and Brian’s hands moved quickly to her belt buckle as she urgently pulled down his jeans and boxers, her hand immediately wrapping around his hardening length.

Brian growled, leaning her back against the table to pull her loosened jeans off her body making sure he took her boy shorts with them. With his eyes full of lust, Brian gently lifted her back up, bringing her lips back to his as he took his penis from her hand and pushed into her. She moaned in pleasure as he thrust into her, hitting her spot as the table rocked back and forth in rhythm with them.

“Oh God Brian.” she moaned loudly as he brought her quickly to the release she’d been looking forward to and craving for weeks.

“Fuck!” she added in another moan as she tightened around him, her juices spilling over him as he throbbed deep within her with a growl. His arms wrapped around her, pulling her into his chest as he placed kisses in her hair as they allowed their breathing to regulate.

“He or she seems to have liked that too.” Andie whispered into his chest as she again felt the baby move.

“Mmm, so did daddy.” Brian replied with a smirk as he pulled her out of his embrace to kiss her.

With another small moan Andie pulled away from the kiss, placing her hands on Brian’s chest to push him gently away.

“We better get dressed and finish these balloons before Ella wakes up and…” she began just as the sound of babbling came over the baby monitor.

“Never mind.” she muttered with a smirk as she slid herself off the table and started to redress herself before heading up the stairs to fetch Ella.
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry for the wait guys, it's been hard to write these past couple of weeks, but I think I'm finally back on track.
Comments would be great though.... :)

Andie