Status: Complete - Check out the sequel :)

When Duty Calls

Chapter 19

“So was Doctor Stephen’s Michelle’s doctor on both Ella and Connor?” Andie asked as her and Brian got out of the escalade once they’d arrived back at the house.

“No only on Ella. She’s a brilliant doctor. There was a risk of preeclampsia with Ella and she did everything she could to make sure both Ella and Michelle were both fine.” He replied as they walked into the kitchen.

“Do you think she’s suspicious about you and me?” she asked as she slipped into one of the chairs situated around the table.

“She has no reason to really. Stop worrying and relax. Stress isn’t good for the baby.” Brian replied as he came up behind her, gently placing his hands on her shoulders with a gentle squeeze and pressing a kiss onto the top of her head.

“Relax? Brian I’m almost six months pregnant by a married man who’s got a family of his own. We’re lying to your wife and kids and living under one roof as if nothing’s wrong. How am I supposed to relax?” she replied, tilting her head back to look at him with wide eyes.

“You always seem to be able to relax around me.” Brian replied with a smug grin as he dipped his head, placing a kiss at the crook of her neck. She opened her mouth to reply but a small moan escaped her lips instead, encouraging him to nip lightly at the soft skin.

“Mmm, Brian no, we can’t do this now.” She moaned, leaning her head forward away from his lips. “Suzy will be back soon with the kids.”

“I suppose you’ve got a point. Why don’t you go crash out on the sofa?” he replied straightening up.

“Sounds like a plan.” She said standing up from the chair and heading towards the living room.

“Can I get you anything?” he called after her.

“A Mountain Dew and if there’s any cherry tomatoes left I’ll have some please.” She called back as she kicked off her shoes and swung her legs up onto the sofa, grabbing the remote to turn the TV on and finding a home makeover show to aimlessly watch.

“Here.” He said a few moments later passing her a glass of Mountain Dew and a punnet of cherry tomatoes before sitting at the opposite end of the sofa, gently lifting her feet into his lap to give her a foot rub. Closing her eyes Andie let out a small moan at the contact.

“See you can relax when you try.” He whispered as his exquisitely long fingers worked their way gently over the sole of her feet.

“I guess so.” She replied opening her eyes and glancing over at him.

“Okay so, seeing that we know that you’re having a girl now, have you thought of any names for her?” he asked as she popped a tomato into her mouth.

“I’ve had a few thoughts, but nothings really jumped out at me so far.” She replied.

“Well?” Brian replied inquisitively.

“Well, Sophia, Rebecca and Emma are names I like.” she began watching Brian nod in agreement.

“I also like Caitlyn. Oh and Matilda too!” She added popping another tomato into her mouth.
Brian rolled his eyes and shook his head gently. “Trust you to have a name from a Roald Dahl book.” He began to which Andie just childishly poked her tongue out at him.

“But I do like Caitlyn, and Rebecca was actually a possibility for Ella.” He replied.

“Oh. What other names were you thinking about?” she asked her eyes fixated on his as he continued to rub her feet.

“Michelle always liked Melissa.” He replied with a smile.

“No, I’m not having that name. I’ll always be reminded of Melissa White.” She replied with a shudder.

“Who’s Melissa White?” he asked.

“She was this horrible girl in high school who constantly would make snide comments about me, laugh at me and called me names behind my back. She even tried starting rumours about me but Rhian quickly put a stop to them and started a rumour about her being a hermaphrodite. But even now, the name Melissa makes me cringe.” She replied watching with narrowed eyes as Brian chuckled.

“I’m sorry; I’m only laughing at the thought of what Rhian said about her. I can imagine Rhian doing that.” He replied.

“Yeah, she had everyone in the school thinking it was true by the end of the week, she went into quite a bit of detail of what she’d seen after gym class and everything.” she replied with a smirk.

“Okay so that names out of the question then. How about Abigail or Megan?” he asked.

“Yeah I like both of those.” She replied after a moment’s thought. “Abigail. Megan.” She said both names out loud to hear herself say them. “What do you think? Do you like Abigail?” she said looking down at her swollen stomach.

A smile spread across her face as she felt the baby move within her. “And how about Megan?” she added keeping her eyes glued to her stomach as she continued to feel movement.

“She likes them both.” Brian replied with a small smile of his own creeping over his lips.

“Looks like she’s going to be no help at all.” She replied adjusting herself slightly with her hands resting on her stomach. “I do like Abigail though. Abigail Sophia? Yeah Abigail Sophia Jennings. How do you like that missy?” she said turning her attention back to her stomach.

“Jennings?” Brian asked quietly his hands coming to a stop on her feet. Andie looked up into his eyes with slight confusion.

“Yeah, Jennings. What were you expecting her last name to be Brian? Haner? Yeah cos that wouldn’t raise any suspicions now would it?” she retorted.

“No, no of course not, sorry I just wasn’t thinking.” He replied shaking his head, his eyes lowering back to her feet as he carried on massaging them, his cheeks flushing with embarrassment.

“Okay. But you like Abigail Sophia right?” she asked unsure of why she was feeling a little bit guilty for the look on his face.

“Yeah, I love it, it sounds perfect.” He replied with a smile as he lifted his head again.

“Abigail Sophia it is then.” She said with a satisfied nod. They then fell into a comfortable silence as Brian continued to rub her feet and calves.

“Can I ask you something?” Andie said after a while of silence. Brian slowly raised his head to look into her eyes.

“Go ahead.” He replied with a smile.

“Were you like this with Michelle? It’s just that I’ve been here for about a year now and I don’t think I’ve ever seen you rub Michelle’s feet.” She said quietly and nervously.

Brian gave a small sigh before he began his reply. “To be honest I can’t remember the last time me and Michelle did anything like this. We used to be so in love, always making time to spend some time together. That’s all changed over the past couple of years, especially since Ella was born. She’s always working and on the rare occasions that she gets home before ten she’s still glued to her laptop or her cell. I sometimes feel like I don’t have a wife anymore.” He replied sadly.

“Is that where I came in? A substitute?” Andie retorted calmly. Again Brian took a deep breath before answering.

“I guess in a way that’s how it started out. If I was happy with Michelle I wouldn’t have thought about making a move on you. I mean, yeah I noticed how sexy you were as soon as you walked in for your interview, but I’ve been around sexy women before, had plenty of offers from some seriously sexy fans over the years, but I’ve always turned them down because I was in love with Michelle.” He explained as Andie watched him carefully.

“I’m not going to lie, at first with you, I was using you. I was missing the contact that I was used to getting with Michelle. I needed someone. We were having fun and amazing sex at the same time. It was just like when me and Michelle were first together.” he paused for a moment to take another deep breath.

“And now?” she asked quietly still keeping her eyes on his.

“And now I-“ he began but stopped abruptly at the sound of the front door opening. Exchanging quick panicked looks they adjusted themselves in their seats, turning their attention back to the TV as Connor came bounding into the room, followed by Suzy who was carrying Ella.

“Hey!” both Andie and Brian greeted with smiles.

“How did your appointment go?” Suzy asked as she sat down in the chair opposite them with Ella on her lap.

“Yeah, did you find out if I’m having a brother or a sister?” Connor asked as he clambered up onto the sofa between Andie and Brian.

“Brother or sister?” Suzy enquired with a raised eyebrow before Andie could reply to Connor.

“Um, yeah, Andie told Connor he can be an honorary brother seeing as though Andie’s living here and stuff.” Brian explained quickly.

“Andie! Tell me!” Connor whined slightly looking up at her with the same brown eyes as his father.

“Okay. I’m having a little girl, so you’re going to have another-“

“Sister! Cool. I would have liked a brother more really, but I guess another sister is cool.” He replied to which the adults in the room couldn’t help but laugh at.

“Yeah and you know what else? If you go out into the kitchen, my purse should be on the table. Grab it for me and I’ll show you the picture.” She replied, Connor already half way into the kitchen before she could finish.

Andie smiled as she watched Connor stare at the picture before jumping off the sofa again and running over to Suzy. “Look Grandma, its Andie’s baby girl.” He exclaimed waving it in her face.

“I know sweetie. Do you have any idea about names yet love?” she replied lifting her head to look over at Andie.

“I was actually talking about that with Brian just now.” She replied with a smile as she took her cell out of her purse finding that she had a missed call and a few messages.

“I’m thinking Abigail Sophia.” She added with a smile as she read a message from Rhian asking her if she wanted to go over to her place, with an apology about not being able to go to her appointment.

“Yep. I like that name.” Connor replied with a nod as he once again climbed up between Andie and his father.

“Good.” She replied. “Now, I know I said I’d spend some time reading with you this evening, but I need to go over to see Rhian for an hour okay?” she said turning her attention to the little boy.

“It’s only an hour right?” he asked with a slight pout.

“Right.”

“And we can read for the rest of the night?” he asked.

“You don’t have any homework do you?” she asked with a raised eyebrow.

“Yeah.” He replied with another pout.

“How about I help you with that now so you can spend the evening with Andie as soon as she gets back?” Brian offered not being able to remove the pout on his son’s lips.

“Hey, that sounds like a good idea to me.” Andie cheered.

“But your cleverer than Daddy.” He said in a not so discreet whisper that caused Andie and Suzy to laugh as Brian looked insulted.

“How about I stay and help too?” Suzy offered, immediately putting a smile on Connor’s face.
♠ ♠ ♠
Again I apologise for the wait! I'm hoping to get back on track with my writing soon :)

As always thanks for the comments, and to all my readers and subscribers!

Promoting time! Andie, aka Deathbat Prophet has started a new story that I think you should all go check out it's called Let Me In and has Brian as a fireman...what more could you ask for right? So go read, subscribe and comment :)