Status: You guys were great! Thank you! Be on the look out for my new story, Bottom of the Bottle.

The Forbidden Fruit

Chapter 5

I finished writing the schedule about 10 minutes before school would start, and since Piedmont High is almost way too cool for school, no one shows up until 5 minutes before school starts, except for the nerd or individuals who had morning detention, oh, and me.

“You write pretty fast.” He smiled, taking a look at the schedule.

“I guess so.” I shrugged, “So how way Troy this morning?”

“Very… cranky.” Derrick sighed, sitting down at his desk.

“Where is he now?” I asked, sitting on the side of his desk.

“At my Mom’s. But that’s only until I get a day-time baby sitter.”

“I wish I could help, but our schedules are the same.” I shrugged, “But this is my Senior year, so, next year I could!”

“I guess I’d have to wait until then.” He sighed sadly.

“I guess so, too.” I laughed, was I flirting with him?

“Be honest, how am I at teaching?”

“Well, since it’s only the 4th day, I’d say you’re doing good, so far.” I nodded.

“That’s good.” He smiled, gazing into my eyes.

I broke eye contact and looked at the clock, “Uh, we only have 5 minutes before class starts.”

He cleared his throat and nodded, “Yes Maria, can you pass these out?”

I took the papers he shoved into my hands, rather hard, and gave one to each desk. Sometimes he could be pretty temperamental.

-------------------

“Aren’t you Maria?”

I looked up at her, “Yes.”

“I’m Kaylee.”

“Hello.”

“You’re probably wondering why I’m sitting down with you at lunch.” She set her tray down.

“Uh, yeah, I am.” I nodded.

“Well, I always see you alone. So I figured you’d like me sitting with you.”

“Uh, I guess so.” I shrugged, going back the math that was due in half an hour.

“You’re the talk of the school.” Kaylee bit into her ham sandwich.

“Why?” I stopped doing my math.

“Because of your… fashion sense.” I looked down to my denim mini with glittery leggings underneath.

“What about it?” I asked, pulling my v-cut shirt up.

“Well, look around, Maria.” I did, “No one is wearing things like that.”

“Well, she’s wearing a mini skirt!” I said, pointing at a girl standing in line.

“Yeah, because she’s the school slut!” Kaylee exclaimed, “I heard she slept with the whole football team.”

“I’m not a slut!” I cried, and the lunchroom went silent.

I gave them a small smile and wave, and they went back to eating.

“Maybe you should be quieter.” Kaylee snickered, “Anyways, maybe you should cover up your body more.”

“I like the way I dress, Kaylee.” I growled, going back to my homework.

“I like the way you dress, too.” She sighed, “But if you don’t start covering up, then some… things will happen.”

“Like what?” I sighed, finishing a problem.

“Well, people will call you a slut. And then guys will think you’re easy.”

“I think I can handle both of those, thank you.”

“Just saying.” She shrugged, grabbing her lunch and walking off.

------------

“Mom?” I called, walking into the house.

“Honey, I’m on the phone!” She called, “No Dave, go ahead.”

I walked up to my room and threw my backpack onto my bed, and got my laptop out from underneath it. I logged onto Myspace and replied to some messages, and then checked my email. I shut off my computer and laid down, just then my phone rang. I picked it up without checking the caller ID.

“Hello?” I asked, trying to sound polite.

“Maria?”

“Derrick?” I asked, sitting up.

“Hi, yeah, I’m wondering, if you’re free, if you can baby-sit Troy.”

“Oh, yeah, no problem.” I smiled, “Where do you live?”

I wrote down his address on my hand and grabbed my purse, running off downstairs and into my car, zooming off to his house. When I arrived, I parked on the street, locking my car and briskly walked up to his door. I knocked twice and stepped back, sucking in my breath when the door opened.
♠ ♠ ♠
I think i proof-read this. :]

Anyways, need about.... 22 comments :]