‹ Prequel: Deadly Kiss
Sequel: You're Overdue
Status: Complete. Sequel is up.

Holding My Heart

14 Can't Cover It Up

************
Brendon’s POV

“I can’t do this.”

Ann smiled, “Yes, you can babe.”

No, I honestly don’t think I can. In front of me was one of Pete’s meals. Those shake thingies? Well, I’ve been a vampire for a while and there is no way in hell I could or would do this. I know I gave up human blood but there has to be another way. This just looked nasty.

“Bren, please? For me?”

I licked my lips lightly and nodded, “I’ll do it.”

I picked up the cup and I plugged my nose with my other hand. I brought the cup to my lips and I let it flow down my throat. I wanted to gag but I finished it. I put the cup down and unplugged my nose.

“Happy now?”

I know I was a little happy. My hunger was gone at least.

Ann hugged me, “Yes Brendon, I’m really happy.”

I wanted to puke. For all the years of being undead this was when I wanted to lose it all. I turned in my chair slightly and pulled her to me. I needed her to get me through this. She kissed my forehead.

“Want to know something Brendon?”

I just rested my head against her, “What?”

“If you had said I was going to be this in love with you this fast I would have said you
where crazy.”

“Aren’t I crazy?”

She laughed lightly, “True, you are a little. I love you though and I’m proud of you.”

I closed my eyes, “Yeah yeah yeah.”

“Bren?”

I grunted in response.

She pulled away and said my name again,

I opened my eyes and looked up, “Yes?”

She offered me her arm that was now in front of my face, “Here…”

“What?”

“Just do it hun. We can wean you off of human blood. You just take less and less of human blood everyday and then it will be easier.”

“Babe, I can’t. I haven’t had human blood in forever. I might not be able to stop myself.”

She shrugged, “It’ll be a test for you.”

I tried to plead with her with my eyes but she wasn’t letting me have any of it. I grabbed her arm with one hand and brought to my lips. I bite into her slowly and she groaned. She squirmed a little but I drank. It was amazing. The sweetest thing ever.

The only downfall?

I wasn’t hungry anymore.

I pulled back and licked over the wounds to get them to stop bleeding. I pulled back and bit into one of my fingers and let a couple of drops hit her arm with the mark. It started to heal nicely.

She let her arm fall, “You didn’t drink much.”

“I wasn’t hungry.”

“See Brendon. We can feed you the animal and as a snack you can have my blood.”

“I hate biting you though.”

She kissed my lips softly and pulled back, “I’d do anything for you.”

I rose and eyebrow, “Oh really?”

She looked at me with suspicion, “Mhm…”

I stroked the outside of her hip, “Well then…”

“Bren…..”

“Shhhh! I want you to give up pop tarts for a month.”

“Oh hell no!”

“You said anything!”

“Yeah, for you not for the lack of sugar.”

“Oh? Fine, be that way.”

“I will be.”

I ran my hand to the inside of one of her thighs. She didn’t seem to mind it too much. I think it was going in a positive direction. Now don’t judge! I can have a physical attraction to her.

And oh how she was beautiful.

If only I had known then that was one of your last peaceful moments.
*********
♠ ♠ ♠
Thanks to: HotMessKaye, Tiny Authoress, yourXxfavoriteXxdrug, Fieldy!, and secret_liar_
Please comment and subscribe. I love you guys.
Updates soon
*contemplates sex scene* Should I? Maybe?