‹ Prequel: Deadly Kiss
Sequel: You're Overdue
Status: Complete. Sequel is up.

Holding My Heart

3 Just one

*********************
Ann’s POV

I felt his arms wrap around me and I was stuck in Brendon’s arms. I didn’t really mind at the moment. I actually felt safe. Surprisingly. Brendon was still quiet. Not exactly comforting but whatever works.

I leaned my head on his chest, “Alright Brendon.”

I could hear the confusion in his voice, “What?”

“Let me finish! You have one chance. One chance to prove to me you are not the villain here. Show me why you’re so interested.”

I looked up and he smiled form cheek to cheek, “Ok. Do you trust me?”

Good question, “Uh…”

He pouted and I rolled my eyes. His grip tightened and I felt my body tingle lightly. I gripped onto his shirt and closed my eyes. I opened them after the feeling stopped and we were on a hill.

We were in the middle of no where. I backed away from him and looked around. No lights anywhere. I shivered slightly and I felt myself being turned. I was now facing Brendon and he had his arms behind me. He brought his hands back to him and I felt something brush my shoulders.

I looked down at my right shoulder and saw the edge of Brendon’s coat. His hands fell to his sides as I reached up and put on his jacket properly. He smiled and backed up a couple of steps.

I lifted my arms to show it was a little long and he laughed. He came forward and started to roll up the cuffs. I giggled and after he finished his fingers lingered on my hands. I looked right at him and he hand a serious face. He leaned down and kissed my hand.

I pulled it away, “Ok, now you’re creeping me out.”

“Sorry. Old habit. It’s what we used to do back then.”

I shoved his shoulder, “Start living in the now!”

He smiled, “Can I trust you?”

I looked at him puzzled, “What?”

He placed his hands on my shoulders, “Can I trust you to stay here?”

“Where am I going to go?”

He shrugged, “You ran once.”

I rolled my eyes, “You can trust me.”

“Promise?”

I nodded, “I promise.”

He backed away from me and within seconds I was alone. What the hell? He better get back here soon. I walked to the tree that was about five feet in front of me. I reached up and started to climb it. I found a comfortable spot and sat there.

He eventually returned and had a bunch of stuff with him. He dumped it down and looked around. I tried my hardest not to laugh. He sighed and hung his head. He disappeared and I felt something next to me.

“Why are you hiding?”

I jumped and nearly fell out of the tree. Brendon steadied me and laughed lightly. I reached over and smacked him. He leaned closer and I pushed him. He reached for me and I leaned backwards. I was hanging upside down and I slid my legs down and turned so I could land on my feet.

I plopped down and he followed suit. He straightened his shirt and I noticed he was bleeding. I walked up to him and there was a slice across his neck. I looked at him with a questioning look. He covered it and walked past me.

“Brendon.”

“What?”

“What is that?”

“Nothing.”

He plopped down and started messing with the stuff he brought. I walked up to be right behind him. I pulled on his hair so he’d look up at me. He looked at me emotionless as I glared down at him.

I spoke softly, “If you want me to trust you then you need to tell me things.”

He looked away but his eye returned, “I’m not the only one who wants you.”

I tilted my head to the side, “What?”

“One of the men wants you. So he tried to kill me for it but William got to him before he could do any killing.”

I let go of him and sat next to him. I glanced over at his cut and it was pretty much completely healed. I raised my hand to his neck and let my finger brush what was left of the wound. He hissed lightly and I pulled back.

“Sorry.”

“No it’s fine.”

“I’m sorry Brendon.”

He looked at me, “Again, its fine.”

I moved so I was on my knees and I bit my lip. He tilted his head and I leaned as close as I could. I kissed the wound and pulled back. I blushed and so did he. He giggled slightly, “Feels better now.”

I giggled and sat back in my original position. He pursed his lips and then smiled at me, “So does this mean the other side is caving slightly?”

I shrugged, “Maybe. I’m giving you one chance and that’s it.”

“So I can get away with things then?”

“Don’t push your luck.”

He smirked, “What if I want to push my luck?”

I didn’t say anything in response and I started to go through the stuff he brought. I noticed a picnic basket and I opened it. Food! I reached in and found a sandwich folded in plastic wrap.

I pulled it out and un-wrapped it. I started eating and Brendon laughed, “Hungry?”

I nodded and continued. He reached over and pulled on the guitar case. He pulled it to him and opened it. The strings brushed as he pulled it out. It was out of tune and he started tuning.

“Are you going to sing again?”

“If you want me to.”

“Of course.”
************
♠ ♠ ♠
Thanks guys!