Sequel: The Webs We Weave

A Part Of Me

Chapter 9

Brody POV

“Lex, you so have to come tonight, Ronnie and the guys are having a party in our backyard” I told Alexis; I was sitting on the couch with my phone pressed to my ear. Ronnie took my car so he could go buy some alcohol; I think Robert and Bryan are bringing the food and Max is bringing the music.

“Yeah sure, I would love to” Lex said happily.

“Great well you can come over anytime you want” I told her before I heard a knock on the front door.

“I’ll get ready and then come over” Lex told me.

“Awesome, well I have to go so I’ll see you soon” I said before hanging up; I opened the door to see the smiling faces of Robert and Bryan. I let them both in and followed them into the kitchen so they could show me what they brought; we placed everything on the dinning room table before Bryan grabbed my hand dragging me into my bedroom, I instantly grabbed Robert’s hand pulling him along with us. I sat on my bed as Bryan and Robert looked through my closet; they were going to plan my outfit for me, I watched as they talked to each other while they held different pieces of clothes up. They finally picked out a pair of orange mini denim shorts, a black tank top with a grey one to go over it, grey converses and a grey belt. I pushed them out of my room so I could get ready; they pouted and complained as I locked my door. I changed my clothes, re-did my makeup, put on my favourite perfume and checked my hair; once I was ready I walked back into the living room to see that Ronnie, Max and Alexis were here.

“Hi Lex” I smiled while giving her a hug.

“Hey B” Lex smiled back at me while returning the hug; when we parted I took in what she was wearing. She was wearing dark purple skinny jeans, a black Avenged Sevenfold shirt and black converses.

“Let’s get everything outside then” Ronnie said cheerfully after he gave my clothes his disappointed look. It didn’t take us that long to set everything up; the food and alcohol was ready and so was the music, now all we needed was for people to arrive and the party would start.

“Let’s get this party started!” I heard a guy yell as he walked towards us; I turned to see that it was Craig, behind him were the rest of his band and the band I Am Ghost. Lex grabbed my hand dragging me over towards Craig; I noticed the big smile that formed on his face as he saw Alexis walking his way. I talked to Craig for awhile so we could get to know each other better; we were still talking when everyone else arrived and that’s when the party really started. I left Alexis with Craig as I walked around smiling at everyone that I knew; I saw Robert talking to a girl so I left him alone, Bryan was dancing with a girl so I also left him alone. I grabbed myself a beer and found an empty seat to sit on; my beer was half way done when it was suddenly snatched from my hand, I frowned at my hand before I looked up to see Max standing in front of me.

“What is it with you and stealing my drinks?” I asked crossing my arms over my chest as I watched Max finish my beer; Max just shrugged his shoulders as he sat in the chair next to me.

“So are you having fun?” Max asked over the music.

“Yeah I’m having a great time, what about you?” I asked as I turned my attention to Max.

“Yeah this party is the bomb” Max laughed; even this laugh is perfect! We talked for awhile longer until Steven Juliano from I Am Ghost grabbed me towards the dance floor; we ended up dancing on a table with people watching us, some guys whistled at me but I didn’t pay any attention to them. Once I was off the table I grabbed Alexis and pulled her onto the dance floor; we danced together until we got thirsty so we both got a drink, Lex hung out with me seeing as she didn’t really know anyone apart from me, Ronnie, Bryan, Max, Robert and Craig. We just wondered around the party drinking for awhile; we were laughing at something when we turned a corner, what I saw made me stop dead in my tracks.

“Brodes” Ronnie laughed as he waved at me; he was sitting on the ground with some of his friends, they were all doing drugs.

“Hey Brody, why don’t you join us?” Paul smirked looking me up and down; I walked the way I came when I felt tears form in my eyes, Alexis was quick to follow me as I left my brother behind me. I somehow lost Alexis so I just let my feet carry me somewhere; I ended up beside the pool. I was watching the ripples that the water was making as I swung my legs back and forth in the water when I felt someone sit next to me; they placed their feet into the slightly warm water.

“It’s hard to break habits B” I heard Max tell me; we didn’t have to yell over the music anymore.

“I know that but he promised me that he was going to get help” I said keeping my eyes on the water.

“He promised us too but I think we’re just going to have to be patient” Max told me while placing his arm around my shoulders.

“I just want my old big brother back” I whispered; I felt Max’s hand gently grab my chin making me look at him.

“I know we all want the old Ronnie back” Max told me; a blush covered my cheeks as he tucked some hair behind my ear. Our faces were so close together that if one of us moved forward a few inches then our lips would be pressing together; I looked into Max’s green eyes as I bit my bottom lip, suddenly I had the biggest urge to lean forward and kiss him. Max let his hand slowly run from my shoulder down my back until he found the small of my back; his hand caressed my cheek making my heart beat faster, the places that Max touched were tingling. My breathe got stuck in my throat was I watched Max slowly lean forward; my heart tried to break through my chest as Max was centimeters from my lips.

“What the fuck are you going?” I heard an angry and pissed off voice yell; Max and I quickly pulled apart to see a fuming Ronnie standing behind us.

“Ronnie, calm me it’s not what it looks like” I said while Max helped me to my feet; why did I just say that? I have no idea! It was what it looked like.

“Get your fucking hands off her! Don’t you dare touch her Max” Ronnie shouted walking towards Max.

“Ronnie, don’t” I pleaded as I stood in front of my brother; I placed my hands on his chest to stop him.

“Get inside now Broden” Ronnie ordered me sternly; I noticed that Robert, Bryan, Alexis and Craig were standing behind Ronnie.

“Ronnie please” I begged wrapping my arms around his waist and burying my head in his chest; this always calmed him down or made him forget his worries.

“I’ll deal with you later” Ronnie spat at Max before wrapping a protective arm around my shoulders and picking up my shoes; he led me through the party and back up to our apartment. God why do I have to be so stupid! I knew that being with Max won’t work out and I proved it tonight. I knew Ronnie would always take my side if something happened; I hope that I didn’t cause trouble with Ronnie and Max. Their best friends and band mates; I won’t let myself come between them.