Sequel: Lamps and Cheeseposts

Cheese and Lamposts

Dolly and Auditions

*The next morning*
*Bekah's P.O.V.*
When I woke up I called Billie to make sure he remembered that we had to have a funeral today.
"Hello?" he asked sleepily.
"Hey Babe. Sorry I woke you up," I said softly
"It's ok, I don't mind waking up to your voice" he said. I could tell he was smiling.
"You remember that we need to have a funeral right?"
"Oh yeah, who is it for?"
"Dolly."
"And who is Dolly?"
"Taylor's fish."
"Should I make a speech or something for her?"
"For Taylor or the fish?"
"The fish."
"Well first off, Dolly is a boy fish, and second, yes, I think that is a great idea."
"Okay, Dolly the boy fish. Okay, well then be here around 9 so we can do the funeral because the auditions start at 10. Are we burying the fish or flushing it?"
"I'm not sure, but just be prepared to dig a hole," I said laughing
"Ok, well I'll see you in about an hour then."
"Kay Babe, bye!" I said hanging up with Billie and starting to get ready. When I was done I called Amy and Taylor to make sure they were ready for me to come pick them up. When we got to Billie's house we walked up the stairs and knocked on the door.

"Hey!" he said, inviting us in and then taking me to the side to kiss me.
"I love those kind of 'hello's" I said to him smiling.
"I love giving those kind of 'hello's," he said grinning. Then we walked into the kitchen where the big blob of black made up of Mike, Amy, and Taylor were standing.
"So are we burying or flushing?" I asked Taylor.
"Burying, why do you think I have him in this box?"
"So what is it that we are burying?" asked Mike.
"Dolly, the boy fish," answered Billie.
"It's name is Dolly?" Mike asked laughing.
"I was four!" Taylor said in her defense.
"It doesn't matter! Backyard?" I asked Billie.
"Yeah, I already have the shovel out," he said as we all walked out the back door.
"Thanks for this Billie. It means a lot to me and to Taylor that you are doing this," I whispered into his ear.
"It's no problem. I just hope my mom doesn't mind that we're burying a fish in the backyard," he said laughing as we walked to where everyone else was standing. Mike had already started digging the hole for the shoebox. After he was done Taylor put the small box into the hole and Billie began to cover it.
"Did you want to say something Taylor?" I asked.
"Yeah," she said pulling a piece of paper out of her pocket.

"Dolly was a good fish," she started, "I won him at the fair when I was four. It is quite amazing that I kept him alive this long. I think I am just naturally good with animals," she continued.
"Or lucky," I said under my breath, but she heard me anyways.
"Shut up! Anyways, I will never forget you Dolly!" she finished.
"So is that it?" Mike asked.
"No, I wrote something too." Billie said.
"Why did you write something?" Amy asked.
"I don't know, I just thought it would be nice," he said and continued with his speech. "I didn't even know of Dolly until last night when Bekah called me to ask if we could have this funeral. At first I assumed that Dolly was a girl fish, based on the name, however I was informed differently. Anyways, I'm sure I would've loved Dolly as much as everyone else who knew Dolly did, and I'm sorry that I didn't get to know him before his demise. And since I didn't know Dolly there isn't much more I can say except goodbye," he said as he finished.
"Aww, thanks Billie!" Taylor said hugging him.
"No problem," he said hugging her back. "We should probably go get the drums and stuff set up for the audition now."
"Yeah, I'll go help," Mike said.
"You girls make yourself at home, there's food and drink in the fridge and cabinets," Billie added.
"Thanks Babe. We'll be down in a little bit," I said.

A little while later it was close to 10 and a couple guys showed up for the auditions so Taylor, Amy, and I were in charge of telling people who could go next. The first guy to go was Jack. He was okay, but hopefully not the best. Next up was Marcus, who was even worse than Jack. After that was Bo, and so on. Billie and Mike began to think it was hopeless until a guy by the name of Jonathan started playing. He was pretty good actually. They were deciding who they would decide to call back when one guy walked in.
"Am I too late for the audition?" he asked.
"Hold on, let me go ask," I said walking down the stairs to ask Billie if one more could audition. He said it was fine and I told the guy to go on down. When he came back up Billie and Mike followed him.
"So what is your name?" Mike asked him.
"Tr- well, it's Frank, but I go by Tré," he said.
"Okay well then Tré, I think you have the spot for drummer, just one question, do you plan on going to college?" Billie asked
"Hell no, I just dropped out of school. I took my equivalency test though and earned my GED. I also have a question if you don't mind though."
"Shoot," Billie said.
"Why are you all dressed in all black?" Tré asked.
"Oh, we had to have a funeral," Billie said.
"Oh, I'm sorry. Who's death?"
"A stupid fish's death... " I mumbled.
"Dolly wasn't stupid!!! He was smart!" Taylor said.
"Dolly? He?" Tré asked.
"Yes, she had a boy fish and named it Dolly," I replied
"I was four!" Taylor said.
"Aww, it's ok, I think it's a cool name. It's cool you had a funeral too. My parents wouldn't let me have a funeral for my fish when it died."
"Thank you," Taylor said to Tré.

*Tré's P.O.V.*
"So what is your name?" I asked to the one who's fish had died.
"Taylor," she said.
"Oh, and I'm Bekah, and this is Amy," Bekah said.
"Nice to meet you all," I said "I should probably go now."
"Well we were all going to go grab some lunch, you should come with us," Billie said to me.
"Oh, no, that's okay. I wouldn't want to intrude," I said.
"Intrude? You're part of the band now. It's not intruding on anything," Mike said.
"Okay, I'll go then," I said

"Babe, you ready to go?" Billie asked Bekah. I assume they're going out. I think Mike and Amy are too. But I don't really care. I want to know if Taylor has a boyfriend. She seems really cool. It doesn't hurt that she's major hot either.