Status: active

Surf Your Way Into My Heart Or Drown Trying

Chapter 2

I paddled as fast as I could over to the unconscious surfer. I pulled him onto my board and paddled back to shore. Jamie soon saw my distress and came over to help me lay the guy on his back so I could start CPR. The guys soon came out of the water and ran to get help.

I began CPR. Thank god they taught us freshmen year. I put one hand over the other in the middle of his chest and counted to thirty. Then I tilted his head back while pinching his nose blowing air into his lungs. I repeated the process for about thirty minutes. The guys were finally coming into view with help. Seeing as there weren't many lifeguards on Tybee. Jamie was hyperventilating already thinking he was gone but I didn't give up.

Around the millionth time it seemed when I blew air into his lungs he started to cough up sea water. I sat back on my knees exhausted tears of joy streaming down my face. I was so happy he was alive! All you could here was coughing. I looked around and noticed a crowd had formed around us as the guys pushed through all the people with the life guard.

"About damn time!" I said annoyed that the life guard had come so late!

"Is he alright?" the life guard asked. I almost cursed again but Jamie spoke up before I could say a word.

"Yes he is. Thanks to Amy." she said beaming as she smiled at me. Dry tear streaks on her cheeks. I see the almost death experience brought her to tears also. That was when the surfer spoke for the first time.

"I don't know how to thank you." He said with a sincere smile and watery eyes as he stared at me.

"It was nothing really. Anyone would have done the same." I said looking around at all the people that were dispersing back to there tanning and water play.

"How long did you do CPR?" the life guard asked me curiously.

"About thirty minutes. He started to breathe when you guys came in sight." I said starting to stand.

"That is a rather long time to do CPR!" he said surprised.

"Well I couldn't have just sat there and ruin his chances of living when I could have done something." I said getting kind of annoyed with this life guard. The life guard then looked at the surfer guy and asked his name.

"My name is Nolan Pierce." he said standing up.

" Okay it seems that I am not needed here and I believe that you are ok now so I have to get back to my patrols." The life guard said walking away.

"Can you believe that damn life guard! He didn't even care that this guy almost died!" I ranted off to Jamie and the guys when I was interrupted.

"Nolan." Nolan said with a blank face.

"What?" I asked turning to him with a confused look.

"My name is Nolan." he said with a smirk.

"Oh. I'm sorry." I said with a laugh,"I forgot for a second there."

"Its ok. It happens a lot." he said with a shrug.

"Do you live around here?" Kyle asked him.

"Um, yeah, I actually just moved down here last week." He said squinting his eyes from the suns rays. Which were beaming down on us with intense heat.

"oh, really. From where?" Jamie asked now interested. I was also interested.

"I used to live in Charleston, South Carolina but I moved down here for the beach. I love to surf. It's kind of funny because my mom used to say surfing will be the death of me." he said with a smile as if he was looking at a past memory.

"Well the waves didn't get you today!" Tyler said with a grin as he patted Nolan on the back.

"I have Amy to thank for that." He said with his biggest smile yet. My body shivered when he said my name and it wasn't because of the slight breeze blowing his almost black hair. His gray eyes holding me in place. It felt like not even the sea itself could pull his stare out of place. It felt as if his stare would hold me forever and by his smile he knew it to.
♠ ♠ ♠
CHAPTER 2!!!!!
I HOPE YOU LIKE IT!!!!!!!
I LOVE COMMENTS!!!!!
comment! comment! comment!
subscribe! subscribe! subscribe!
plz&thnx ;D