‹ Prequel: Love Story
Sequel: Second Chances

Love Bites

Chapter 13

I stumbled into the kitchen still wearing my pajamas; Dad was sitting at the table reading the newspaper, Jacob wasn’t here and he wasn’t sleeping because I didn’t hear him snoring.

“Morning Dad” I mumbled rubbing my eyes.

“Morning baby” Dad replied smiling brightly; I got some breakfast and sat down at the table.

“Where’s Jake?” I asked after swallowing a mouth full of cereal.

“At First beach with Bella; she came over earlier this morning. She wanted to talk to Jake but he was still asleep so she waited” Dad told me; I thought I heard knocking this morning. After I finished my breakfast I had a shower and then got dressed; I decided to put my long black hair into a ponytail.

“I’ll be at Sam and Emily’s place” I told Dad before giving him a kiss on the cheek.

“Alright have fun and be careful” Dad replied before I walked to my car. I drove towards Sam’s place with my music blaring as usual; I caught a glimpse of a black blob in the forest, I looked over to see Sam in his wolf version. I waved and smiled; before I looked back to the road I saw Sam smile his wolfy grin.

“Hey Alex!” Emily called out when I walked through the front door of her house.

“Hi Emily” I smiled walking into her kitchen; she was mixing something in a bowl. Emily was such a beautiful woman scars and all; once you get used to her scars you don’t even notice them anymore. She’s not just physically beautiful; she’s beautiful inside and out, her personality is amazing and you couldn’t help but like her.

“How are you this morning?” Emily asked looking up at me; I sat myself next to her on the counter.

“I’m fine” I signed; I knew what she was talking about. She was the only one who asked me how I was; meaning how was I that I wasn’t with Jasper anymore. It was great talking to a female about boys; I did have Bella but she was dealing with enough right now. Emily has been there for me so much lately; I think she likes the fact that I know about the guys, she has someone to talk to now as well.

Emily says that she wants the Cullen’s to come back so she can meet Jasper; she wants to check him out and see if he’s good enough for me, but if that happens then our wolves are not going to be happy, but she says to ignore them and go with my heart. I would go with what my heart tells me but then that would cause a war against the vampires and the werewolves; I was not going to let that happen, I wasn’t going to lose any of them.

“So what can I make for them today?” I asked hopping off the counter.

“Some muffins will be good” Emily smiled at me.

“I’m on it” I said getting everything that I needed. We talked and laughed non-stop while we were cooking; it was so easy to talk to Emily, we have become so close since I found out about the werewolves. I was leaning on the counter while Emily was placing my blue berry muffins on a plate; we smiled when we heard the front door open, Jared and Embry walked straight into the kitchen, Bella was slowly walking in behind them.

“Hey guys!” I greeted them cheerfully.

“Hey” They greeted us at the same time.

“Oh, who’s this?” Emily asked smiling at Bella; I watched as Bella looked over the room, someone told her not to stare.

“Bella, who else” Jared replied eating a muffin.

“So you’re the vampire girl” Emily said.

“I guess, so you’re the wolf girl?” Bella asked.

“I guess I am” Emily laughed; everyone else joined in,

“Of coarse Jacob would find a way” Emily murmured to herself.

“Are you hungry Bells? Help yourself to a muffin” I told her while Embry and Jared kept eating them.

“So where are Jacob, Sam and Paul?” I asked looking around the room to find that they weren’t here.

“Paul didn’t take Bella knowing to well” Embry told Emily and I.

“That’s Paul for you” I rolled my eyes; Paul really needed to learn how to control his anger.

“Bells are you feeling ok? It’s a pretty big shock the first time” I told my best friend; I needed to know how she was feeling after seeing them phase.

“I’m fine” She replied nibbling at her muffin.

“She needed to sit down for a while but she was pretty good beside that” Embry informed me.

“Hmm” I muttered to myself; she took it a lot better then me that’s for sure.

“What?” Bella asked interested in my reaction.

“You did better then me” I chuckled; Bella’s face flooded with confusion.

“Alex fainted the first time she saw Jacob phase” Jared filled Bella in with my first time experience; I just nodded and shrugged.

“Do you know how long they will be? I was just going to start making the eggs” Emily complained.

“They shouldn’t be to far away; beside if they don’t turn up then we’ll make sure nothing goes to waste” Embry said eating another muffin. A few minutes later Sam walked in with Jacob and Paul behind him; Sam went straight to Emily and gave her a kiss, the guys groaned as usual but I thought it was cute.

“Jacob has some information” Sam informed me, Embry, Jared and Emily.

“We know what the red-head leech wants; she does want revenge for her mate but it wasn’t the black haired leech. Last summer the Cullen’s killed her mate and she now wants to kill their mates. She’s after Bella and Alex” Jacob told us; my eyes widen along with Emily’s, Embry’s and Jared’s. Victoria was after Bella and I; didn’t she know that we weren’t with Edward or Jasper anymore, and she’s not going to rest until she kills me.

“But their just girls!” Emily exclaimed looking over to Bella and I in shock.

“She doesn’t care but we’re going to make sure she doesn’t come anyway near them” Jacob hissed pulling me closer to his hot body; he wrapped his arms around my chest protectively. Everyone kept talking but I wasn’t paying anymore attention; Victoria wanted Bella and I dead, she was going to do everything she could to avenge James. I’m putting the people I love the most in danger again; my family could get killed because of me, but I wasn’t going to let that happen, if I have to put myself out there to save them then I was going to do it.
♠ ♠ ♠
Comment please!