‹ Prequel: Love Story
Sequel: Second Chances

Love Bites

Chapter 15

“Alex. Als you need to wake up now” Jacob whispered in my ear; he was shaking me gently.

“I’m up” I groaned my eyes fluttering open; Jacob was sitting on the edge of my bed staring at me.

“What?” I yawned sitting up; Jacob didn’t look to good, and it wasn’t because we had Harry’s funeral today there was something else wrong with him.

“Jacob, what’s wrong?” I asked him when he didn’t reply to me; he was making me nervous.

“Alice Cullen is back” Jacob whispered through his teeth still staring at me; his black eyes were hard and filled with hatred.

“What” I breathed; that couldn’t be true, they wouldn’t just come back would they?

“Don’t worry it’s just her; no one else came with her. She was at Bella’s place last night” Jacob told me; I signed running my hand through my hair, Jacob grabbed my hands in his and we just sat there for a few minutes.

“We better get ready Al” Jacob said softly; I nodded and got out of my bed. I had a shower and did my normal morning routine, I got dressed in some black clothes and walking into the kitchen for some breakfast. Charlie arrived at our house to pick Dad up but he was early so they stayed there for a while; Jacob and I drove to pick up Jared and Embry, then we all drove up to Forks to see Bella.

“Stay here Alex” Jacob told me in a stern voice and I did as I was told. I talked to Embry and Jared while we waited for Jacob to return; suddenly the guys stiffened and wrinkled their noses.

“Bloodsucker” Jared spat through his teeth in disgust.

“Alice” I whispered looking towards Bella’s house but I couldn’t see her; did I really want to see her again? I wasn’t so sure anymore. The three of us watched as Jacob ran out of her house and into the forest; what did Bella do to my brother? I glared at her when she looked over to us; her eyes widen when she saw the cold hard glares she was receiving from us.
Jared was soon speeding down the road towards La Push; we went straight to the church for the funeral. I sat in between Dad and Jacob in the front row of the church; Charlie was sitting with Sue, Leah and Seth opposite us, Jacob had his arm wrapped around my shoulders and I was holding Dad’s hand in comfort. Everyone went back to the Clearwater’s house for some lunch; Seth wasn’t looking to good so I took him outside and we just hung out together.

I was laying on my bed just staring at the ceiling when I heard a knock on my door.

“Come in” I called not bothering to look over to see who it was; it was most likely Jacob.

“Hey Als” Jacob replied laying down next to me; I cuddled up to Jake’s hot body so we could both fit on my bed.

“Hey Jacob” I signed listening to his heart beat.

“Bella’s gone” I heard Jacob whisper to me.

“What?” I asked; my head shot up to look at his face.

“She went with the leec… with Alice to Italy or somewhere” Jacob’s eyes flicked down to look in mine.

“Why?” I breathed; she wouldn’t just leave, not when Charlie needed her the most.

“Something happened to Edward and they had to go and save him or something” Jacob grumbled looking up to my ceiling.

“Oh” I whispered leaning my head back onto Jacob’s chest.

“So it wasn’t because of what I said to her the other night?” I asked; I just wanted to make sure that it wasn’t my fault.

“No I told her that you get upset when people risk their lives because you don’t want to lose anyone else that’s close to you” Jacob explained to me while running his fingers through my hair.

“I didn’t mean to yell at Bella; it just came out” I said guilty; I didn’t want Bella to hate me. I was just angry when she jumped of the cliff by herself and I was angry at her this morning for hurting my brother; I don’t hate her at all, I just hope she knows that. Jacob had to leave so he could run patrol; I stayed in my room, just laying on my bed. It didn’t take me that long before I fall asleep; but I wished that Jacob didn’t have to run patrol tonight because as soon as I fell asleep the nightmare started.

Dream

I was sitting in the La Push forest alone; my black hair was down like usual but I was wearing a long flowy light blue dress with my black and white converses. I stood up and looked around me but I couldn’t see anything out of the ordinary; but then I heard the familiar happy laugh coming from above me, I looked up to see Spencer sitting in a tree smiling down at me. He jumped down gracefully landing in front of me; his smile never changed until we heard growling and snarling in the forest close to us.

I recognized the growling at once; it was the angry growling that my pack made when they were furious. I tried to run towards the noise but Spencer placed his arm in front of me making me stop; I needed to get to my pack before someone gets hurt, I was terrified because I didn’t recognize the snarling that could be heard. Suddenly Spencer crouched in front of me in a protective manner; an angry snarl escaped from his throat when figures surrounded us, I have never seen these people before.

They were wearing long dark grey cloaks with the hoods pulled over their heads; I couldn’t see their faces but with their fast graceful movements I knew what they were, they were vampires. They were the Volturi! I heard the quiet thumps of paws hitting the ground as my pack ran towards us; they all leapt over the vampires with skill, all six of them skidded to a stop inches away from Spencer and I. The pack surrounded me in a smaller circle; they were protecting me from the Royal family of the vampire world.

“The girl knows too much! She must become one of us or die permanently” The leader said looking straight at me. That resulted in ferocious growling, snarling and howling to erupt from the wolves throats; they all crouched ready for a fight, and then they leaped towards the vampires.

“No!” I screamed a bloody murder scream.


“No!” I screamed shooting into a sitting position in my bed; I was sweating, panting and shaking.