Sequel: What Can I Say?
Status: Completed! : )

Black Keys

Falling Down

ImageImage
"The truth is buried but the lies are getting clearer, your eyes are fixed your smile is so elastic" -Selena Gomez and The Scene

The sound of the other girls, in Melody's room, rummaging around woke Melody from a deep sleep. She put a pillow over head in an attempt to drown out their voices.

"Come on Mel, Ms. Winston has called us for breakfast." One of the girls said shaking Melody's arm.

"Yeah I'm up." Melody groaned. She moved the pillow from her face and sat up. She rubbed the sleep from her eyes and focused on the person standing next to her bed. "Morning, Kay." Melody said yawning.

"Morning, now hurry up or we will be late." Kay said with a sigh.

Kay nelson is the only friend, aside from Nick, that Melody has. Kay is every boy's dream girl and every girl is envious of her. She has dark brown hair, that always seemed to look perfect; light green eyes, and a model's body. Even thought she didn't have any money she still looked like a million bucks. She was head cheerleader and friends with everyone at school.

Melody jumped out of bed and quickly threw on a random pair of jeans and a T-shirt. As she walked out the door she slipped on her flip flops. While Kay walked quickly down the hall, talking non-stop, Melody pulled her long black hair into a pony tail. They arrived at the dinning hall just in time. Ms. Winston had just started her morning head check.

"That was close." Kay mumbled.

Ms. Winston walked past their table her eyes scanning over the many heads occupying it. Melody hated having to this, it made her feel like she was in prison.

"Why did you let me sleep so late?" melody asked as she picked up a piece of toast.

"I tried to wake you." Kay said as she put food onto her plate. "I'm coming by your work after cheer practice."

"Alright." Melody said taking another bit of her toast.

"Lets go finish getting ready." Melody said as she pushed her empty plate away.

*********************************************************************************

At school Kay and Melody went their separate ways, Kay had all AP classes so Melody wouldn't see her until after school. Melody suffered through the long boring day her thoughts continuously going to Nick. She couldn't go long without picturing his face or hearing his laugh. After school she walked the same way she always did to work, the buildings and people had changed over the last few days, at least to Melody. Everything seemed to glow with excitement. She opened the door to Old Time Records a smile on her face. She was greeted by Chris and Megan, then she took her spot next to Megan at the front desk. At a quarter to five the doors to Old Time Records opened and Kay came skipping into the store, she was in full cheerleader gear.

"Hey! What's up?" Kay asked her voice overly cheery.

"Nothing." Megan said rolling her eyes. Megan and Kay didn't get along very well.

"It's a slow day." Melody explained.

"if you want to go now you can." Megan said to Melody.

"I can't." Melody said slowly.

"Alright?" Megan said confused.

"I'm going to play the piano, OK?"

"Yeah alright." Megan said with a shrug.

Melody walked to the back room and sat the piano.

"play me a new song!" Kay exclaimed.

"Alright." Melody said as she began to play.

"His eyes are like a jungle
He smiles, it's like the radio
He whispers songs into my window
In words nobody knows
There's pretty girls on every corner
That watch him as he's walking home
Saying, does he know
Will you ever know

You're beautiful
Every little piece love, don't you know
You're really gonna be someone, ask anyone
When you find everything you looked for
I hope your life leads you back to my door
Oh but if it don't, stay beautiful

He finds another way to be
The highlight of my day
I'm taking pictures in my mind
So I can save them for a rainy day
It's hard to make conversation
When he's taking my breath away
I should say, hey by the way

You're beautiful
Every little piece love, don't you know
You're really gonna be someone, ask anyone
When you find everything you looked for
I hope your life leads you back to my door
Oh but if it don't, stay beautiful

If you and I are a story
That never gets told
If what you are is a daydream
I'll never get to hold, at least you'll know

You're beautiful
Every little piece love, don't you know
You're really gonna be someone, ask anyone
When you find everything you looked for
I hope your life leads you back to my door
Oh but if it don't, will you stay beautiful"


The song ended and Melody smiled up at Kay.

"That was amazing!" Kay said clapping.

"Thanks." Melody said.

"Hey Melody."

Melody looked up and saw the boy who had been on her mind all day. She walked over to him and gave him a hug.

"Hi." She said softly.

"Hi." He said with a chuckle.

Melody pulled away and smiled at him and he smiled back at her.

"Nick this is Kay." Melody said pointing to Kay, "Kay this is Nick."

Nick waved and Kay looked at him an evil twinkle in her eye.

"So what are our plans for tonight?" Melody asked Nick.

Nick looked away from Kay and smiled at Melody. "I want to show you something."

"OK. I'll see you later." Melody said to Kay.

Kay simply smiled, a very fake smile.

Nick intertwined his hand with Melody's and walked away from Kay.
♠ ♠ ♠
sorry I took so long to update! i hope you like this one!
song used in this story is Stay Beautiful by Taylor Swift
Comment!!!