Sequel: What Can I Say?
Status: Completed! : )

Black Keys

Turn Right

Image Image

"Pick up all your tears throw them in the back seat and leave with out a second glance. Some how I'm to blame for this never ending race tracking you call life. Turn right into my arms. Turn right you won't be alone." - Jonas Brothers

The glamorous New Your City night life was in full swing when Nick and Melody walked out of Old Time Records. The Friday night excitement was all around them consuming them. Nick walked over to a blue Mustang waiting for them on the street. He opened the passenger door for Melody and then walked to his side of the car.

"So where are we going?" Melody asked after a few minutes of driving.

"It's surprise." Nick said as he glanced at Melody, a small smile forming.

Melody sighed and looked out her window at the passing buildings. The city looked different tonight, almost even more beautiful then it already looked.

"I love this city." Melody thought out loud.

"Yeah, it's pretty cool." Nick agreed, he looked out the window at the sky scrapers looming above them.

Melody kept watching the passing buildings, not really paying attention to where she was. Then suddenly they were gone. Melody looked around and saw they were in a parking garage.

"Where are we?" Melody asked.

"I told you it's a surprise." Nick said as he pulled into a parking space. He shut off the car and quickly opened his door and got out of the car. He walked over to Melody's side of the car and opened the door for her. Melody grabbed onto Nick's hand as soon as she was out of the car.

"Scared?" Nick asked his voice quiet. Melody shook her head yes. "Don't be. I won't hurt you."

Melody smiled, she knew she was safe with him and he wouldn't hurt her in any way. Nick lead her to a door and they walked down some steps that ended with a door. They walked through the door and were standing in a large room, it looked like a waiting room. Melody recognized the room instantly.

"You brought me to Broadway." Melody said her face brightening, and a radiant smile forming.

"Yeah. I asked them to open to only us." Nick said proud of himself.

"Asked or paid?" Melody asked smirking at Nick.

"Does it matter?" Nick asked, he rubbed the back of his neck nervously.

"No." Melody said with a shrug. She walked around the room reaching out to touch things as she passed. Memories of when her mom would bring her here flashed into her mind.

"I have something to show you." Nick said a big smile on his face. He held onto Melody's hand as he walked towards a door.

"We're going back there?" Melody asked excited.

"Yes." Nick said just as excited. They walked down another hall that lead to a room full of props and costumes.

Melody stopped at a rack of dresses, she looked through them and held them up for Nick to see. He would make a faces at her each time, they would bust out laughing after each dress. They ran around with fake swords and shields, laughing hysterical.

"Come on I still have to show you something." Nick said grabbing Melody's hand again. He ran down another hall then up some steps. They ran out onto the stage.

"Oh my." Melody said stopping by the edge of the stage. Nick walked to the end of the stage and looked out at the row seats.

"Isn't it amazing?" He asked. He was remembering all the fun he had on this stage, this was were he finally got to feel the adrenaline from performing.

Melody walked to the very end of the stage and looked up at the very top row in the very back. She could picture a little girl and her mother sitting there watching the show, barely hearing the words being spoken and the actors faces. The little girl watched the stage in awe of the actors and the music; while the mother watched her daughter a content smile on her face.

Nick looked at Melody and saw the lost expression on her face.

"Melody?" Nick asked worried. He walked over to her and put a hand on her shoulder.

Melody turned to Nick, her vision blurry from the tears threatening to fall. She wrapped her arms around Nick's torso and buried her face in his chest. Nick's arms instantly wrapped around her he rested his cheek on the top of her head.

"I miss her so much." Melody sobbed.

Nick held onto Melody while she cried. He rubbed her back and waited for her to calm down. Melody pulled away from Nick, she wiped away the tears still lingering on her face.

"Sorry." Melody said embarrassed.

"Don't worry about it." Nick said smiling. "I didn't mind."

Melody smiled and looked at something behind Nick.

"A piano?" Melody asked confused.

"Oh yeah. Come on!" Nick said running towards the lonely piano.

Melody slowly walked to the piano and sat next to Nick.

"I wrote a new song." Nick explained as he positioned his hands on the black keys.
♠ ♠ ♠
: ) so i know nothing about Broadway, i made all that stuff up. But i hope its still a good chapter. : )