Sequel: What Can I Say?
Status: Completed! : )

Black Keys

Favorite Girl

Image Image

"You take my breath away With everything you say I just wanna be with you, My baby, my baby,My Miss don't play no games, Treat you no other way, Than you deserve 'Cause you're the girl of my dreams." - Justin Bieber

Melody smiled as she listened closely to the song Nick played softly. She loved that he only played on the black keys of the piano. She watched memorized as his fingers danced across the keys. Nick had his eyes closed as he lost himself in the music. He was so into the music he forgot he had an audience. As the last note sounded Nick opened his eyes and let his fingers rest on the keys.

"That was beautiful." Nick turned to see Melody; her blue eyes sparkling as she smiled at him.

He leaned forward at the same time she did. The kiss was short but felt like nothing either of them had felt before. Nick cupped Melody's face in his hands while she gripped onto his shirt. Melody felt Nick's tongue touch her bottom lip and that was when she knew this was wrong. She pulled away, even though she wanted to kiss Nick some more.

"I should get home." Melody said not meeting Nick's questioning gaze.

"Alright." Nick said, he moved away from Melody an embarrassed blush on his cheeks.

The car ride from the theater was silent and awkward, neither of them could think of anything to say. Nick was embarrassed, he thought he had done something wrong by kissing Melody. Melody on the other hand was beyond happy with the nights events, she just didn't know how to express her feelings. Nick stopped in front of what he thought was Hannah's apartment building.

"night." Nick said quietly.

"Good night Nick." Melody said as she climbed out of the car.

Melody walked into the apartment building waiting by the doors until Nick was out of sight. She quickly left the building and walked down the dark alley to the orphanage that has been her home for so many years.

********************

Later that night Melody laid in bed, the only sound coming from the other girls sleeping soundly, her mind reliving the days events. She couldn't get the sound of Nick's song out of her head, she wasn't complaining though. Her lips still held that feeling they had when Nick kissed her. She also couldn't get the look on Nick's face as he played, it made her have this funny feeling in her stomach, like a pack of wolves were running around in there. With a heavy sigh Melody closed her eyes and had dreams of Nick and his beautiful piano playing.

***************************

Nick sat at a small desk, a small lamp on, he was trying not to wake his brother. He had a piece of paper in front of him, completely blank. He tried to think of words that fit the song he wrote on the piano only days ago. He sighed in frustration as nothing came to him. He thought he was over his rut, he tried to think of all the things he loved about Melody. He wrote at the top of the page:

Melody

1. Her beauty

2. Her music

3. She's unique

4. She understands me

Nick looked over his list a smile forming as he thought of Melody. Her smile that brightens a room. Her bright blue eyes that always shine. The way she gets so passionate about music. Nick filled a whole page on the things he loved about Melody, he could go on but he felt that would be to much. As he reread his list lyrics formed in his mind and he quickly wrote them down. He jumped from his chair and ran over to his brothers bed.

"Joe!" He said shaking his brother.

"Go away." Joe said turning over.

"Joe!" Nick said again frustrated.

"What?" Joe asked sitting up to glare at his younger brother.

"I wrote some lyrics." Nick exclaimed. "That's great and I'd love to celebrate with you but I'm still asleep. So in the morning I will be happy to do a happy dance for you."

"Fine." Nick said walking back over to the desk where his new song sat. And the blacks keys never looked so beautiful....
♠ ♠ ♠
well sorry this is short, and sorry this is poorly written. I don't know how much I like this one, so you should tell me if you like it. : )

P.S. Have a happy New Year! : )