Sequel: What Can I Say?
Status: Completed! : )

Black Keys

Who I Am

Image Image

"I just want someone to love for who I am, I just want someone to need me is that so bad? I wanna break all the madness but its all I have. I want someone to love me for who I am." - Nick Jonas And The Administration

Melody couldn't believe Nick was standing right in front of the orphanage with Kay.

"What are you doing here?" She asked looking between Kay and Nick.

"I was looking for you." Nick said, he didn't sound like the Nick Melody knew. "I went to your work and they told me you didn't work today. So I walked to the building you told me was yours. Imagine my surprise when I find out you don't live there!"

Melody looked down at the ground unable to look at Nick and see how angry he is.

"I didn't mean to lie." Melody whispered ashamed.

"Why did you lie?" Kay asked, she was enjoying this.

"Can we talk about this somewhere else?" Melody asked noticing some of the other kids from the orphanage were watching.

"I have to go." Nick said turning away from Melody.

"Nick?"

Nick walked away his hands in his pockets. He didn't want to listen to more lies. He didn't want to hear any excuses, he just needed to clear his head and cool off.

Melody looked at Kay, who was smiling as she watched Nick walk away. A light bulb turned on above Melody's head, Kay did this on purpose.

"I can't believe you." Melody said looking at Kay disgusted.

"What?" Kay asked rudely.

"You did this on purpose. Your jealous!"

"Why would I be jealous of you?" Kay said laughing a condescending laugh.

"You didn't like me and Nick being together."

"Why would I be jealous of you? I'm so much better then you. He doesn't want a nobody like you. He just wants some to hook up with now. He's going to go back to being a rock star and forget about you."

Melody was shocked her best friend would say something like that. She didn't even have a response for that, she just walked away, resisting the urge to slap her. She couldn't go back to the orphanage and be ridiculed by the other kids there. She wasn't paying attention as she walked, she kept hearing what Kay said over and over again. Her feet lead her around New York on a never ending walk. She passed numerous shops and apartment buildings, people coming and going. She walked past a hotel with people crowded around the doors, cameras flashing. She had unknowingly walked to the hotel Nick was undoubtedly staying at. She walked closer to the crowd trying to hear who they were waiting for.

"We followed the youngest one, Nick, here." One guy said to another guy with a camera.

That's all Melody had to hear before pushing her way through. There was a security man standing by the door.

"Hi I'm a friend of Nick's." She whispered to the man.

"Sure you are." He said rolling his eyes.

"No I'm serious!" Melody said frustrated.

"Right." The guy said.

Melody glared at the man for a few seconds before storming away. She had to find a way in there. She walked around the side of the building and saw what she was looking for. There was another door with only one person standing in front of it. She walked over to the older man.

"Hi I'm here to visit my grandma is there any way in can pass by you?" She asked sweetly.

The man studied her before moving and allowing her past. Melody was amazed it was that easy.

"Thank you so much!" She said as she past him.

Once inside the building Melody was lost. She tried to remember what room Nick had said he was in. Her mind went blank after all the luck she had been having this was bound to happen. She sighed, she was ready to give up now. She turn around to go back outside when she suddenly thought of the room number.

"563!" She exclaimed suddenly remembering.

She ran to the elevator pressing the up button repeatedly like that would make it move faster. The elevator finally opened and Melody stepped in. She leaned against the back wall waiting impatiently as the elevator climbed towards floor five.

"Yes!" She said as the doors opened and she ran out of the elevator.

She followed the signs directing her to Nick's room. Surprisingly it wasn't hard to find, and even more surprising there was no pesky security. She knock on the door waiting for him to answer. Her heart stopped when the door opened and Nick stood before her.

"Melody? What are you doing here?" Nick asked, he wasn't mean about it but he wasn't exactly nice.

Melody couldn't help but notice Nick looked like he had just taken a shower, his curls stuck to each other and he had on a plain white shirt and jeans.

"I need to talk to you." She said hoping he would listen.

Nick looked behind him, Joe was in the shower so he wouldn't interrupt. He twisted the sheet music he held in his hands as he thought.

"Are you busy?" Melody asked noticing the music in his hands.

"I was just looking at something." Nick said looking back at Melody. "Come in."

Melody smiled relieved he was willing to talk to her.

"Thank you." Melody said walking into the room. she looked around, it defiantly looked like a boy stayed here.

"Let's go on the balcony." Nick said pointing to two glass doors.

Melody and Nick walked to the balcony where they sat down on some chairs. Nick looked at the city stretched out in front of them.

"I'm sorry." Melody began. "I wan to explain."

When Nick didn't say anything Melody continued.

"When my mom died I didn't have anywhere to go. My mom made sure I didn't go through the foster care system, she made arrangements to send me to the orphanage behind my back. She didn't tell me she was sick, I never noticed either."

"She passed away and I was depressed. I was in this weird funk. Maybe if I would have known she was sick instead of being called out of school one day and being told the news by my principle. I was upset she didn't even tell the closest person to her that she was sick. I've lived at the orphanage for five years, and I hate it. I hate being the orphan. I hate people feeling sorry for me."

Nick sat next to Melody his arms crossed over his chest a blank stare on his handsome face as he looked out at the New York streets.

"Why didn't you tell me?"

"I just wanted to be...perfect."

Nick didn't say anything at first instead he studied the sheet music in his hands.

"There is no such thing as perfect."

Nick held Melody's hand and they both looked out at the New York City below them. Both of them knew in that moment this, the quite that consumed them, and the New York scene below them. This was perfect. This is what they both had wanted.
♠ ♠ ♠
I'm so proud of myself for writing this so fast. So do you like this? I know its kind of boring in some parts. The Kay drama is only just starting so expect some more of her. The good news is I'm at the point of the story I've been wanting to get to. Now things are finally going to start happening! I've had the end of this written for a couple of months now. well I hope you liked it : ).

P.S. Have you heard "Stay" by Nick Jonas and the Administration? If you haven't go find it now! It is seriously the best song Nick has written, like ever, and I love all of his songs.