‹ Prequel: It just ain't living

Would you carry me to the end

Chapter 17 Where to go, What to do

Abby had now been driving for a couple of hours and continued to glance over at Jaslene who was sleeping peacefully, She knew that MCR would have finished there concert by now and that they would for sure have found the ransom note, as far as she was concerned she needed to get out of North Carolina, Abby was headed for Texas where she knew she could lay low for a while as she had a ranch out there, Which was miles from the closest town.

The boys were excited there set ad just finished and they were looking forward to the night rest while the bus drove them to West Palm Beach in Florida, Walking to the bus it was quiet Gerard had walked I first and saw that the driver Paul wasnt there, MIkey walked up next and noticed that Abby wasnt there, walking to Jaslene’s bunk and saw it was empty. Carefully placed on the pillow was a note.

Mikey had started to get concerned, grabbing the envelope he pulled out a piece of paper that had been cut out with newspaper clippings to make a letter.

I HAVE YOUR DAUGHTER AND WIFE
IF YOU EVER WANT TO SEE THEM AGAIN I WANT
5 MILLION DOLLARS.
I WILL BE IN CONTACT, THEY WILL NOT BE HARMED UNLESS
THE MONEY ISN’T PAID THEN YOU WILL FIND THEIR BODIES IN A RIVER


Mikey dropped the note and began to shake, Ray picked the paper up and read after finishing in he stood there quietly unable to say anything.
Frank was getting agitated by all the quietness “What the FUCK is going on?” he asked
Mikey jumped from the booming voice, his voice cracked as he spoke “Someone has taken Jazz and wants money”
“Bullshit dude...Some shit is playing a prank” Frank replied

Ray handed Frank the note, Gerard looked over at his brother who had gone all quiet “We need the cops” he said speaking up.

Ray bolted out the bus and waved down some security who came over “My band mate’s daughter is missing we need the cops”
Gerard got on the phone and called 911
“911 emergency”
“My brother’s daughter is missing” Gerard replied calmly “Someone has left a ransom note”
“What is your name son?”
“I’m Gerard Way, My brother is Mikey Way, please his daughter Jaslene Madden has been taken”
“Gerard we will dispatch someone immediately” The emergency operator knew where to send the police as they had tracked the location from Gerard’s cell.

Not having to wait long the police arrived, Since reading the note Mikey hadn’t said a word, still shaking Gerard walked over “Mikey the police are here, they are gonna want to talk to you”

Mikey looked up with a blank face, no emotion what so ever.
A young police officer walked on to the bus “Hello I’m Constable Higgins”
Mikey looked up “I’m Michael...My daughter has been taken” they were the only words he could get out of his mouth

Mikey continued to talk to the police telling them his wear about’s and how that not only was his daughter but so was her babysitter Abby, when asked her surname he had no idea he explained that she worked for Projekt Revolution.
Before long two detectives had arrived and Mikey along with the rest of the band mate’s explained what they had found and where they had been.

Both detectives concluded that this was most certainly a kidnapping and as they continued to explain was that they would find jaslene and this would have only been done because Mikey was in a famous band.

Abby on the other hand had continued to drive not scared but excited she was looking forward to her new life with her child as she thought. She couldn’t wait to have Jaslene to herself where she could be her mother and spoil her new daughter, she had no feeling for how Mikey was feeling not that she even cared all she was worried about was to make sure that Jaslene settled in properly.

As she continued to drive along the highway she kept on going, until she had to stop at a petrol station, 5 hours had now passed and Abby knew that she wouldn’t be caught she would get away with such a tragic occurrence.

Mikey was now going out of his mind the tour bus was now busy with people he didnt know, police were everywhere trying to find his little girl. His brother and band mates had rallied behind him to support him as they all knew that right now he would need it more then ever.

Mikey couldn’t keep his mind off of Jaslene and how scared she must be right now, his thought’s then went on to Abby who he didnt really know but had kind of become a friend and looked after his daughter when he was working and how an innocent person could die because of him.

Right now Mikey wished he had Sienna by his side he knew she would have the right words in order to comfort and tell him it was going to be alright, to sooth the pain he was feeling right now. If only she was there.