I Tried, I Lied, I Just Can't Take Anymore

Chapter 4: The Start Of Something Else? Gerard's P

“So, here we go.” I said helping Mikayla into the back of the van.

I could tell she was a little tense.

“Hey, don’t worry, I won’t try anything, if you want, I’ll keep my hands where you can see them.” I said smiling.

“I can handle that.” she said smiling and relaxing.

“So what is it that you want to talk about Gerard?” she asked looking at me confused.

“Well, you seemed a little tense in there, and I figured we should get to know each other a little more before we take anything to the next level.” I said staring into her beautiful bright blue eyes.

“Well this is a first! A guy that actually wants to sit and talk instead of having sex, I can get use to that.” she said smiling.

“Hey, I told you I wasn’t one of those jerks who uses girls. So what’s a beautiful girl like you doing without a boyfriend anyway?” I asked trying to get to know her.

“Well, I have this habit of choosing the wrong ones all the time. So I gave up for a while.” she said just looking out the window.

“Um, this may sound rude, but I can tell when someone is lying. I’m not saying you are, I’m just thinking there’s more to the story than you’re letting on.” I said calmly, trying not to make her, mad.

“Well, of course there’s more to the story, but which version did you want to hear? The version where I’m the slut and have to have it where ever I can get it? The fact that one guy I did it with told me he put a condom on and didn’t. The fact that I got pregnant because of him. He beat me and told me not to tell anyone it was him. I was told to go around and say I didn’t know who the father was, just to tell everyone I was a little slut. I was under so much stress from this guy that he abused me when ever I tried to tell someone. I miss carried. So since then I haven’t been with anyone. That’s why I want to take things slow, that’s why I’m afraid to get close to a guy. That’s why I don’t go around telling my life story.” she said looking out the window allowing silent tears to fall down her face.

I just couldn’t believe what she just told me. I crawled towards her and wrapped my arms around her. She just smiled.

“Even after all that you’re not going to leave me?” she whispered while looking at me.

“Not even if you had that kid.” I said stroking her hair. She smiled and laid in my arms.

We stayed like that until the guys came.

“OH, someone got lucky.” Frankie snickered.

“Sure did.” I said back.

“Did the little nasty thing, you go Gerard.” Frankie laughed.

“WHAT! No, we didn’t! Gerard, what happened to you weren’t like all the
other jerks? I’m out. We did nothing! How could you say we did?” She
screamed at me.

I just sat there in total shock. She left, I tried to go after her, but she didn’t want to listen to me.

“Frankie, when I said I got lucky, I meant by finding the perfect girl, now look what you did.” I said in a very angry tone.

“I am so sorry! We can try to find her tomorrow and explain. I promise.” Frankie said nervously, afraid that I was going to run him over
with the van.

“Just forget it.” I said sitting there looking out the window.

I just couldn’t believe what happened. Everything was like a big blur.