Status: Complete

Poster Boys For Your Scene

Chapter 36

The plan that Becky and Brendon came up with required some more preparation. Fall Out Boy had to quickly return to their lair to gather weapons and train. For a few weeks, they honed their skills, preparing for the epic battle that was about to ensue. Everyone practiced hand-to-hand combat and properly using weapons. Within those few weeks, both Melissa and Morgan became expert vampire slayers. Becky and Brendon kept Beckett at bay somehow so the rest of the rebellion could strengthen. Finally, the day came. It was the day of Beckett's demise.

"Are you ready? Morgan, you probably have the toughest job of anyone here."

"Don't worry, Pete. I'll be fine. I have the whole plan memorized. Beckett is going down."

Despite the assurance that Morgan gave Pete, he was still feeling on edge. "I know... But you have to promise me that you will be careful. I love you and-"

"And what? Pete, I love you too! I'm serious, you don't have to worry about me! I've been trained. I know what to do."

Pete's eyes were watering up. "Whatever happens, I want you to know that these past couple of months have been the best months of my entire life. You complete me. Morgan, I want to spend the rest of-"

"Morgan, it's time. It's almost sunset." Patrick came into Pete's room to announce the start of the plan.

"Well I guess this is it. Pete, I love you so much. Whatever happens, I want you to know that." Pete leaned over and held her one more time before she had to go. She gave him a kiss and walked away with Patrick.

Pete sat there on his bed for a few minutes, trying to pull himself together. He soon came back to reality and picked up his gun. This is war.

_______________________________________________________________________________

Morgan was running down the street as fast as she could, tears streaming down her face. She was alone. She was scared. Finally, she stopped running when she came to a warehouse somewhere in the outer reaches of the city. Cautiously, she unbolted the rusty lock on the gate and crept inside. Although it was pitch black outside, the supposedly abandoned warehouse had lights surrounding the perimeter. As soon as Morgan got into the warehouse, she ran all the way to the opposite side of the huge, open room. But something stopped her dead in her tracks. She heard laughter coming from behind her. "Tsk tsk tsk, my dear. Haven't you learned that you shouldn't talk to strangers?"

"You told me to meet you here. What the hell do you want? I swear to god, if you hurt Pete-"

"Relax! Darling, I simply asked you to meet me here for a business proposition."

"...Go on..."

"It's simple, really. Your blood in place of Pete's! Come on, don't you want to save your one true love? Isn't it only fair considering how many times he has saved you?"

"Why my blood?"

"I don't have to explain myself to you! It's either you take the deal, or I kill you and the rest of your little friends. Every single one of them. And don't worry, their deaths will be painful if you don't surrender."

"Never!"

"Wrong choice, my dear. Prepare to die."

"No! YOU!" Out of nowhere, Pete came rushing over to Beckett, stake in hand. Morgan backed away at the right moment, just as planned. Pete and Beckett were struggling on the floor, each trying to overcome the other. Beckett was stronger. Pete had more will power. But it wasn't enough. Beckett pinned Pete down to the ground.

"You really think you're a match for me? How incredibly naive of you! This is my moment. I will END YOU!" Just as Beckett was about to plunge the stake he wrestled out of Pete's hand, a net encircled him and he was pulled back. Pete got up quickly to see Beckett struggling in the net. Standing right behind him was Joe with his gun.

"Joe! Quick! Get a stake!" Before he could reach into his pocket to drill a stake right into Beckett, he screamed in agony and fell to the floor. Beckett had blasted him with some sort of bolt of energy. This left Joe paralyzed and helpless on the floor. "SHIT! NO!" Then Beckett burst through the net and turned to Pete.

"You will regret crossing paths with me, Peter. Tonight, you die." He lunged at Pete just as Pete leaped into the air, avoiding his impact. But Beckett also jumped into the air. They proceeded their combat in mid-air, kicking and punching with all of their might.

Patrick saw that Beckett was occupied with Pete in the air and took his chance to help Joe. Ever so quietly, he dragged his limp body over to the side. There was still a pulse. He was still breathing. "Pst! Melissa! Andy! Now!"

Taking Patrick's signal, Melissa and Andy snuck out from the shadows of the cardboard boxes stacked near the door. Each of them were holding stake-guns, ready to fire. But there wasn't a clear shot because Pete and Beckett were still struggling above.

"Where's Becky and Brendon to help Pete? I still can't find a clear shot!"

"They'll be here! Don't worry Melissa. Just keep an eye out." Almost immediately, Becky and Brendon burst through the window.

"Ahh! Right on time! Now you and your little friends won't stand a chance! Brendon, Becky, take them down." They didn't listen to him. Pete instinctively backed up. Both Brendon and Becky rushed toward Beckett. When their fists collided to his jaw, it make a loud cracking noise. Instantly, he fell to the ground. "AGH! YOU! WHAT ARE YOU DOING?!?"

"We've had enough of your bullshit, Beckett. You're leading the Dandies down the wrong path. We can't let you live."
"I'm stronger! There is no way you can get me!" He jumped back up almost as quickly as he went down. Then he fixed his gaze on Patrick and Joe in the corner. "Oh, how sweet! He's helping the injured!" Fast as lightning, he charged at them. But then Morgan blocked his path and tripped him.

"Morgan! What are you doing?!? LEAVE!!!" Pete screamed to her. This isn't the plan! She was supposed to run after she lured him in here! She's not strong enough to fight him!

"I got this!" Once Beckett was again on the ground, she got on top of him and forced her arm into his neck. Her meager force barely affected him. He simply pushed her off and flung her into the boxes. Everything came toppling on top of her, crushing her small body.

"NOOO!!! YOU BASTARD!" This made Beckett turn toward him. Pete tried his hardest to restrain himself from ripping his head off. "MELISSA! NOW!" He stepped aside as Melissa charged at Beckett with her gun. She had the best aim out of everyone there. With ease, she aimed at his heart and pulled the trigger. It hit with precise accuracy. Beckett went down, and hard. Seeing he was down, Pete rushed over to Beckett's bleeding body. Standing over him, he looked into his eyes and made his point clear. "NOBODY fucks with Pete Wentz!"

Gasping at his last breaths of air, Beckett looked back at him. "B-b-but how? I-I was supposed t-to-" Before he could finish, Pete saw the life drain out of him. Beckett was dead. Pete wanted to just watch him lay there, bleeding all over the floor. But then he remembered something. "Morgan!" He turned around to the pile of toppled over boxes. Climbing through, he tried to locate his girlfriend. Moments later, in the middle of the wreckage, he found her. She was underneath several boxes. "Morgan! Are you okay?" He quickly removed the boxes that were pinning her to the ground. She cautiously stood up and looked around.

"Is he dead?"

"JESUS MORGAN! YOU'RE OKAY!"

"Of course I'm okay! I don't think those boxes can do much damage, Pete. And even if they were bricks instead of boxes, I would still be okay."

"I don't care! Morgan, I-I thought-"

"STOP! I'm fine! Beckett's dead now! Everyone is okay!"

"Not everyone! Joe is still-" Pete pointed over to where Joe used to be laying. But now, he was sitting up. He was rubbing his head, but he was indeed okay. Andy and Melissa were over by Patrick. Brendon and Becky had already started to burn the remains of Beckett.

"Pete, look at me. It's all over. You don't have to worry anymore." Turning back to Morgan, he looked into her eyes and understood. No more running. No more hiding. No more worrying every second of every day about keeping his friends alive. It was over. He collapsed into Morgan's outstretched arms and sobbed.

"Thank you so much, Morgan. I don't know if we could have done this without you."

"Aww shucks, I try."

He hugged her harder. "No, you don't understand. Morgan, you complete me. You make me feel like everything is actually going to be okay." He released his grip and took a step backwards. "You're my best friend. You listen to me when no one else will. I don't know what I would do without you. And I want to spend the rest of forever with you. Morgan..." In the pile of boxes, Pete got down on one knee. "...will you marry me?"

For a second, Morgan just sat there in awe. Oh...my... GOD! "YES!" She instantly jumped on top of him and attacked his face with her lips. They stayed there, making out in the cardboard boxes, until Andy came over.

"Erm, are you two okay? I mean, something kind of significant happened and you two are swapping spit."

"You could call it a celebration, I guess." Pete was laughing and kissing Morgan at the same time.

"So you're celebrating Beckett's death by making out?"

"WE'RE ENGAGED!!!" Pete felt like screaming the news to the heaven and beyond. This was by far the happiest moment in his life. Everyone in the warehouse stopped to look at Pete and Morgan. But they didn't care. They just continued to fuel the never ending fire that was there love. No one could stop them now.
♠ ♠ ♠
Aww yay. Happy ending. =]
Epilogue is next.
And I will post the first chapter of the sequel today as well, so you can tell me if you want it to go on or not. I have a plot in mind it's just not all he way there yet. Feedback?