Status: Complete

Poster Boys For Your Scene

Chapter 7

It was one of Beckett's minions. He had Melissa on the ground in a choke hold, waiting to sink his teeth into her vulnerable throat. Just before he was about to do the deed, Pete and Morgan came bursting through the kitchen door. This made the little twerp jump. Andy took his chance and knocked the living daylights out of this pathetic excuse for a vampire. If Patrick didn't restrain him, he would have killed him right then and there.

"Andy! He's not worth the energy. Don't stoop to his level! We'll just throw him outside and let the wolves finish him off. Melissa! Are you okay?"

She was blue in the face, gasping for air. Although her attacker was weak for a vampire, he was still incredibly strong. He was only seconds away from choking her to death when Andy came to her rescue. Patrick lifted her limp body off of the floor and set her on the couch. Melissa suddenly came back into full consciousness when Andy started to do mouth to mouth. But she faked blacking out for a little bit because she wanted the moment to last. She finally stopped when a piece of his beard got into her mouth.

"Holy shit. That was a close one. Melissa? It's me, Pete. Are you okay? You probably have no idea what's going on."

"Yeah, I pretty much get the jist of the story. You are a vampire and your band mates have vowed to help you defeat Beckett and his legion of minions. Is that about right?"

"Yep, that pretty much sums things up!"

No one noticed Becky in the corner until Patrick called her over. She was hiding behind the couch when she heard Beckett's little friend come in and she was afraid to move. Patrick gave her a big hug and said, "Don't worry. We WILL get them. It will be hard, but we will. And you three have to promise not to leave our sights. If one of them was brave enough to venture into our lair, with us in plain sight, I can't even imagine what they will do later on. Their boldness will only increase with time and we can't know for certain what they will try next."

Joe was mumbling something under his breath. Pete walked over to him. "Joe, I'm sorry but there is nothing we can do right now except prepare for the worst. It's not like anyone wanted this to happen."

"Well I'm not worried about us," he said, obviously lying. "I'm worried about these girls! Look at them! Melissa almost got killed, Becky is scared shitless, and Morgan is in love with a vampire! She's a teenager for Christ's sake! She has no idea what she's getting herself into!"

"You have no right! Not that long ago, we were her age! And what are you, her father?"

"I just don't want anyone to get killed. This has gone way to far Pete. You need to end it with her, or we're all in major trouble!"

"...I can't... You don't know what I'm feeling inside. I feel so bad for endangering her, them, you! If you only knew what it's like. She is the best thing that has ever happened to me. For the first time in years, I'm happy! Don't you dare try to take that away from me!"

Joe could see the pain in Pete's expression. It really hurt him that he was putting his loved ones at risk because of something beyond his control.

"Hey man, I'm sorry. This is just really stressful. You're right, I have no idea. but we all have to pull ourselves together. Beckett is getting stronger as we speak and we are in no way ready. We all need to suck it up and get ready."

"Joe's right, Pete. No matter what, we have to remain strong. That is how Beckett likes to torture his prey. He will take the one thing in your life that is good and twist it until it snaps. You don't need me to tell you this, because you know it first hand. And you girls, this goes for you too. Andy, you should start training them in combat. They need your help. Pete and I will help you train mentally. And Joe will help you with strategy. There is a war knocking on our front door. Things are about to get ugly..."
♠ ♠ ♠
Yay! I got a comment! Lol. Okay, so things start to get better in the story now. Hope you all like!