Poker Face

Nine

Matt pulled up to my house and killed the engine, I think he was going to kiss me before motion on the front step caused us to look at the skinny figure of my boyfriend. I groaned and Matt settled for patting my shoulder, “Bes’ get it done now then luv,” He whispered.

“Yer righ’, but tha’ dun mean I ‘ave ta like it,” I stated staring out at Curtis, who had leaned against the wall his hands in his pockets.

“Call meh when yer done?” He questioned.

“Yer, I think I know o’ an empty field sum’ where ‘bouts ‘ere,” I grinned.

“Alrigh’ luv, I’ll go fetch tha alcohol then,” He winked. With a giggle I nodded my head and opened the car door, I stepped out and slammed the car door shut; stuffing my own hands into my pockets as I made my way towards Curtis.

“‘Ello love,” He grinned at me, as he pushed himself off the wall.

“‘ow long ‘ave yer been ‘ere Curt?” I asked as I came to stop a few meters away from him.

“Not tha’ long to be ‘onest,” He shrugged, “I jus’ wan’ed ta see ‘ow yer suspensions goin’,” He grinned walking closer to me, I let him place his hands on my hips but I didn’t place my arms around his shoulders, “I missed yea’,” He mumbled, bending down to press his lips to mine.

I placed my hands on his shoulder and pushed him back, causing him to stumble slightly. “Curtis, dun,” I stated.

“Dani, wot’s wrong?” He questioned trying to close the distance.

“This, this is wrong!” I stated, I wanted to get it over with, and I knew I’d have to do it in a way that wouldn’t hint at Matt and I… and I didn’t want to lose my group of friends.

“Wot do yea mean by tha’?” He questioned.

“I mean that us, I, I don’t see this goin’ anywhere… you seem to really care ‘bout me; but I dun feel that way ‘bout you…” I mumbled.

“You don’t see this goin’ anywhere? Wot the fuckin’ ‘ell, Danielle?” He snapped. I was taken back, I didn’t expect him to blow up and take this so badly. “Yer kiddin’ meh righ’? Yer my everythin’,” He stated tears welling up in his eyes.

“Curtis, ‘ow tha ‘ell can I be yer bloody everythin’ when it’s only been a month and change?” I sputtered.

“Time mean’s nuthin’ when it comes ta love Dani,” He whispered.

My eyes widened and I backed up, “I dun love yer Curtis…” I stated my voice quivering in fear, “I think you should leave,” I extended my arm and pointed towards the road as I said that.

“Fuck yer Danielle,” He glared as he walked by.

I waited till he was out of sight before going into the house and calling Matt, completely ignoring my mother in her attempts to converse with me, “Matt, can yer come get me?” I asked when he picked up.

Yer I’ll be there in 3 minutes,” He agreed.

“Where do yea think yer goin’ young lady,” She questioned me standing between me and the front door, her hands on her hips.

“Out, with Matt. Curtis an’ I jus’ ‘ad a bad break up,” I mumbled, lowering my eyes to the ground and biting my lip for added measure.

“Oh, I’m sorry doll, do yer wanna talk ‘bout it?” She questioned.

“Mum, tha’s why Matt’s comin’ over, we’re gunna walk to a park and then we’ll talk ‘bout it,” I stated rolling my eyes.

“Well alrigh’ then,” She nodded stepping out of the way. With that I walked outside and sat down on the front step waiting for Matt.

As promised he was there in 3 minutes and together we walked towards the local park – knowing no children would be there because it was after dark – a book bag slung over his shoulder. Halfway there his fingers brushed against mine, causing me to blush slightly. Needless to say, we got right pissed and had a very good and long romping session. And life was suddenly easy again.
♠ ♠ ♠
so um I'm greatly displeased with the comments, I only got three... guys.
If it was because you doubted how quickly I'd update again, then I don't blame you.
But if you want the next update next week, please leave a comment.
I don't want to be one of those authors, but I will become one if I have to...