Status: COMPLETE

Funny How I Fell in Love With You

15

(Rose's Point of View)
I felt bad for Aunt Tess. Really, I did. After she had convinced me to help Scorpius, I asked mum to have a chat with me about the war. "Mum, exactly WHAT happened during the war?" I asked politely.

Mum sighed. "It's a long story. It all began with uncle Harry. He was picked out by Voldemort to be the one that defeats him. So all of us joined forces to help Harry fight him. Uncle Draco was on Voldemort's side you see, but aunt Tess helped him see the light, making him come to the good side of things. You see how complicated it is now?"

I nodded. "Well, in our fifth year, there was a prophesy about aunt Tess saying that she will tame and bear a "snake's child," and make him "shed his skin," in turn saving himself from an ugly fate," said mum. "Well, Voldemort took it upon himself to make himself Tessie's "snake" and tortured her, and almost raped her. He tortured everyone she loved, and killed the potions teacher, Severus Snape. You know, the ghost that always talks to Aunt Tess?"

I nodded. He looked so sad and grim these days. He always looked like he wanted to take Aunt Tess in his arms and hug the pain and heartache away. "Well, Severus apparently helped aunt Tess. In our last year of school, he was killed by the Dark Lord, and he made Tessie turn good again..."

"You see, she was taken by Voldemort, and was forced to turn evil. He showed her before he died how much he loved and cared for her, and that was what brought her to her senses..."

I sat there in shock and awe. "I HAVE to help Scorpius now. I can't let another war happen again... Not if I can prevent it..."

"Spoken like a true hero," said mum as she kissed me. "I know you can do it. Make the boy see the light. it might not be too late for you to save him..."

I sat in the back of the library, waiting for Scorpius to show up. We hadn't seen each other in a few days because of the incident, and because of that absence, it was crucial for me to work my charm on him now. When he finally showed up, he looked sullen, and seemed as if he were angry at the world. "What's up with you?" I asked.

"Nothing you would need be concerned with," he growled as he slammed his books down. "Okay, let's get this shit over with so I can get back to more important things..."

"Well, how are you feeling?" I asked with mock cheerfulness.

"Same as always. I feel like I want to beat the living shit out of everyone I see..."

"Erm, well that's not a very nice thing to do," I said. "Anything else?"

"I'm feeling this... this strange, funny feeling for someone. I dunno what the hell it's called. And I want to make the feelings go away..." My stomach jolted. Does he mean his feelings towards me? What is he trying to say?

"Go on..."

"Well, I can't let these feelings get in my... erm... school work! Yeah, that's right! It will mess up my grades if I continue to feel the way I feel..."

"Can you please label the feeling, Scorpius?" I asked. "You are being very ambiguous with your answers, and I need clear, cold, hard, answers..."

"YOU WANT ANSWERS, FINE I WILL GIVE YOU ANSWERS GODDAMN IT! I LOVE YOU! HAPPY, I LOVE YOU! I CANNOT FEEL THIS WAY BECAUSE I HAVE ENOUGH SHIT ON MY PLATE TO DEAL WITH NOW. I DIDN'T WANT TO HURT YOU THIS WAY... BUT SINCE YOU WANTED YOUR ANSWER, THERE YOU GO! I'm outta here..."
_______________________________________________________________________
(Scorpius' Point of View)
Rose and I hadn't seen each other in a few days. It is true what they say: "Absence makes the heart grow fonder." Cause all I could think about was that kiss. In class, I would daydream about it, trying to imagine how it would be if things were done differently. If I hadn't scared her off by making that face, and backing into that corner... What would have happened? Would she have kissed me back? Would she have said something?

Or would it have been worse? Cause the girl does despise me. She did beat the crap outta me on the train ride to school. Not gonna lie, but it does turn me on a bit. How she is so forceful and determined.

But then, another thing is gnawing at the back of my mind. MY MOTHER IS A LIAR, MANIPULATOR, AND EVIL! I have got to help my father from her evil clutches! She will pay for what she has done... her and that HUGO. Oh yeah, don't think I've gone all softy on you all. I KNOW ALL! I know for a fact that she has been seen around school with him and Hugo! It is the talk of the Goddamn Slytherin dorms!

"Oh, did you smell that nasty dungbomb the twins and Rosaline set off in the corridor?" asked Madeline McCain, a second year.

"Oh yeah, that was the WORST thing I had ever smelled in my entire life," cried Fred Mercury, a first year. "My friend Eric Dane was sent to the Hospital Wing due to over-inhaling the smell..."

GREAT! My sister is the new bad ass. Just bea-utiful! I walked to the library, miserable as hell. Rose was already sitting down, waiting for me. I slammed my books down in frustration and anger.

"What's up with you?"

"Nothing you would need be concerned with, okay? Let's get this shit over with so I can get back to more important things..." Truth was, I had nothing better to do. I just didn't want to be there.

"Well, how are you feeling?" I scoffed at this. Now she wants to know how I am feeling? Paging doctor Freud! I think we have a malpractice suit going on over here!

"Same as always. I feel like I want to beat the living shit out of everyone I see..." This wasn't exactly a total lie. I did want to beat several people up, but not everyone I saw. I have a rep to sustain, if you know what I mean... I can't be a pussy.

"Anything else?" asked Rose as she folded her hands.

I felt as if I was about to be sick. And then, the words spat itself out before I could stop it.

"I'm feeling this... this strange, funny feeling for someone. I dunno what the hell it's called. And I want to make the feelings go away..." Rose gave me a funny look, and then urged me onward. "Well, I can't let these feelings get in my... erm... school work! Yeah, that's right! It will mess up my grades if I continue to feel the way I feel..."

Sweat began to drip from my forehead, and my palms became all sweaty. Thank God I didn't tell Rose that the person was her. Now if I could just hold out a bit longer... "Can you please label the feeling, Scorpius?" she asked. "You are being very ambiguous with your answers, and I need clear, cold, hard, answers..."

The words flew out of my mouth like vomit. "YOU WANT ANSWERS, FINE I WILL GIVE YOU ANSWERS GODDAMN IT! I LOVE YOU! HAPPY, I LOVE YOU! I CANNOT FEEL THIS WAY BECAUSE I HAVE ENOUGH SHIT ON MY PLATE TO DEAL WITH NOW. I DIDN'T WANT TO HURT YOU THIS WAY... BUT SINCE YOU WANTED YOUR ANSWER, THERE YOU GO! I'm outta here..." I was shaking with a mixture of rage and anger. I couldn't believe what I had just done! I had promised myself not to put my feelings on the line, and I just went against all I believed in...

I stormed out of the library, and heard footsteps from behind me. I turned around. "If any of you punks want to mess with me, I will bash your damn skull in! Oh..."

Rose stood there, nervously wringing her hands. "Um... we-we weren't finished with our-our meet," she said softly.

"Meet's over Rose," I said quietly. "What more do we need to say?"

"How about you tell me why you are acting so weird all of a sudden?" said Rose.

"Don't you know what I am?" I cried, rolling up my right sleeve. "I'm a bloody Death Eater! Of course I'm not gonna be alright! I'm the most foul beast ever to have roamed this earth. I should have never been born in the first place... I have done nothing but evil, and will continue to act this way. I should just..."

"No..." I looked up at her, and saw how serious she looked.

"What?"

"I said no. Don't even say it. You are not a bad person. You MAKE yourself be the bad person when you do things like torture people and crap like that! YOU ARE INATELY GOOD! You have to believe that... I do..."

Tears began to fall onto her crimson cheeks, and the knot in my stomach began to twist and tighten as I saw her cry. Instinctively, I wrapped my arms around her, and held her close as she cried in my chest. God, did it feel nice to have her in my arms...

"Scorpius, there is something you should know," said Rose as she pulled away from me slowly. "From the day we met on the train, I-I hated you, but since then I've... I've grown more fond of you. What I want to say is, I-I love you..."

My mouth dropped open. "Psh, you are kidding me," I said, scoffing at her remark.

"No, I am not..."

I looked into her eyes, and saw that she was telling the truth. BEA-utiful, more conflicts in my life!
_______________________________________________________________________
(Rosaline's Point of View)
Well, I was bored one day. I mean, you can only do soo much homework! I was hanging out with Hugh and Hugo. Poor Rose was leaning on my shoulder, deep in her own thoughts. We were all out by the Black Lake, leaning against a tree.

"What do you want to do?" I asked the guys.

"Let's make a band!" cried Hugo. "You girls can be the lead singers, and we will be the accompaniment."

Hugo conjured up a drum set, a guitar, and two microphones for Rose and me. "And what are we gonna sing?"

"Corrs' Breathless," said Hugh with a grin.

"Very funny smartass," I smirked. "Fine with me..."

The boys got tuned up, and we started to sing:

Both: "Go on, go on leave me breathless… Come on."
Rosaline: "The daylight's fading slowly, the time with you is standing still.
I'm waiting for you only… The slightest touch and I feel weak."
Rose: "I cannot lie... From you I can not hide.
I'm losing will to try. Can't hide it, can't fight it."
Both: "So go on, go on… Come on leave me breathless.
Tempt me, tease me 'till I can't deny this loving feeling.
Let me long for your kiss.
Go on, go on… Yeah come on..."
In the middle of our singing, I noticed Scorpius walking over to us. And it was right when Rose had began to sing.
Rose: "And if there's no tomorrow, and all we have is here and now.
I'm happy just to have you… You're all the love I need somehow."
Me: "It's like a dream, although I'm not asleep.
I never want to wake up. Don't lose it. Don't leave it."
Both: "So go on, go on.
Come on leave me breathless.
Tempt me, tease me.
'Till I can't deny this loving feeling.
Let me long for your kiss.
Go on, go on. Yeah come on."
Rosaline: "And I can't lie. From you I can not hide.
I've lost my will to try.
Can't hide it. Can't fight it."
Both: "So go on, go on.
Come on leave me breathless.
Tempt me, tease me.
'Till I can't deny this loving feeling.
Make me long for your kiss.
Go on, go on. Come on leave me breathless.
Go on, go on. Come on leave me breathless.
Go on, go on. Come on leave me breathless.
Go on, go on.
"

"Wasn't that delightful?" said my dear brother.

"Piss off, we were just having a bit of fun!" I said, getting in his face. "You wouldn't know fun if it fucked you in the ass!"

My brother's mouth dropped open. Hehe, boy did I shut him up.

"I was going to say that you guys were really great but miss potty mouth over here was too busy being foul," sneered Scorpius.

Rose blushed, smoothed her hair, and then ran off.

"See, you are so TACTLESS![" I said, flipping my hair into his face.