Status: COMPLETE

Funny How I Fell in Love With You

16

(Rose's Point of View)
I couldn't believe it. Scorpius Severus Malfoy had just confessed his love for me! I mean, that's the last thing that he would ever do! And then, he wants to kill himself! And ooohh! That nasty mark on his arm! It gave me the chills just to look at it! I felt so bad for him... I started crying, and he put his warm arms around me. God, how I longed to be in his arms, and now my dreams were a reality!

But a part of me inside knew that it was impossible for us to be together. And the thought of that tore me apart inside.

And then, Scorpius had to see me singing! God! What is he like EVERYWHERE?! He just HAD to come when I was singing my solo... And he must have known that I sang that song from my heart...

"I cannot lie, from you I cannot hide. And I've lost my will to try... Can't hide it, can't fight it..."

And then! He goes and says our singing was great! Well, I madly blushed, and ran away. I was just so embarrassed by it all.

"And if there's no tomorrow, and all we have is here and now... I'm just to have you. You're all the love I need somehow..."

If only... If only.
_______________________________________________________________________
(Scorpius' Point of View)
I didn't want to make Rose leave, but hey, girls will be girls... I walked back up to the school, and sat in an empty hallway. I conjured my guitar and began to sing softly.

"I walk a lonely road, the only one that I have ever known.
Don't know where it goes, but it's home to me and I walk alone...
I walk this empty street on the boulevard of broken dreams...
Where the city sleeps and I'm the only one and I walk alone.
I walk alone, I walk alone.
I walk alone, I walk a -
My shadow's the only one that walks beside me.
My shallow heart's the only thing that's beating.
Sometimes I wish someone out there will find me.
Till then I walk alone.
Ah-a Ah-a Ah-a Ah-uh, Ah-a Ah-a Ah-a.
I'm walking down the line that divides me somewhere in my mind
On the border line of the edge and where I walk alone.
Read between the lines, of what's fucked up and everything's all right.
Check my vital signs to know I'm still alive and I walk alone.
I walk alone, I walk alone.
I walk alone, I walk a -
My shadow's the only one that walks beside me.
My shallow heart's the only thing that's beating.
Sometimes I wish someone out there will find me.
Till then I walk alone.
I walk this empty street, on the boulevard of broken dreams.
Where the city sleeps and I'm the only one and I walk a -
My shadow's the only one that walks beside me.
My shallow heart's the only thing that's beating.
Sometimes I wish someone out there will find me.
Till then I walk alone.
"

"Funny, I do walk the boulevard of broken dreams," I said sadly. "The only thing that's beating is my own shallow heart, and my shadows the only one I have that won't turn and run from me... I walk alone."

"You aren't alone..." I jumped five feet in the air. God was that blasted girl always around?

"Why did you run away from me?" I asked.

"You made me anxious," said Rose as she fidgeted with her robes. "I head everything. I know that song was about how you are feeling. But you must know, it is never too late to turn to the good side, even now..." She took my hands into her soft, gentle ones. "It is never too late to be redeemed..."

"It is too late Rose," I sighed. "I have to do this. You wouldn’t understand why I have to..."

"I thought if you loved me, you would see the light," whispered Rose. "But I guess we were all wrong about you Scorpius. You are heartless..."

"Now this was why I didn't want to tell you!" I shouted. "Because YOU would get into my way of my duty! I didn't want to hurt you, but as usual, you just have to have your way!"

"Me? Have my way? I am trying to HELP you Scorpius! So far, you've only dug your ditch deeper into more and more trouble. Don't you want it all to stop?"

"I CAN'T STOP!" I cried, showing her the Dark Mark. "This prevents me from ever stopping. It's taken a hold on me! I cannot stop my mission. It will all be over when Hugh and my mother are dead. Then we can be together..."

"If you think you even have the SLIGHTEST chance of being with me then, you are SERIOUSLY on some mad drugs!" shouted Rose as she turned and walked the other way. "I would NEVER want to be with a COLDBLOODED KILLER!"

I ran after her, and grabbed her. She panicked, and then, I did the only thing I had ever wanted to do. Her lips were pressed against mine, soft and tender. We kissed passionately for several minutes until she pulled away, and ran back to her dorm.

I ran back to my dorm, scared to shit. Tonight was the night. Bellatrix had all of her old powers, plus more. It was time to put forth the action. No more talking about doing it, it was time to stop acting like a pussy, and put forth the words into action. I threw the floo powder into the fire, and went to Bellatrix's house, and brought her to my dorm. She cackled evilly. "Grab your invisibility cloak, Scorpius, and head to the Gryffindor dorms. Find Hugh, and stun him. Bring him to the Whomping Willow, where you will meet me there with your saintly mother.

I nodded. I got the cloak, and the both of us parted ways. BANG!

I ran to look outside the window, and saw the Dark Mark in the sky. There was no turning back. I took a deep breath, and ran towards the Gryffindor dorms.

"Pig's snout," I said, as the portrait opened for me. Amidst all the chaos, Hugh was READING! Everyone is screaming, girls are sobbing, and what does he do? Read. My sister knows brilliance when she sees it...

"STUPEFY!" I shouted, pointing my wand at Hugh.

Hugh passed out, and I carried him under the cloak towards the Whomping Willow. That was WAY too easy...