Fly With Me

Girlfriend.

It was now the second of October, the day that I leave back home. I was in the guest room packing when Joe came strolling in slowly.

I felt him wrap his arms around my waist, “I don’t want you to leave,” he said as he put his face into my neck.

I giggled slightly and ran my fingers through his jet black hair, “I’m sorry, but you have to go on tour,” I said to him as I folded a pair of my jeans and put them in my suitcase.

“Awe, Joe’s sad that his girlfriend’s leaving,” I heard from the door, I turned to see a grinning Frankie.

“Well, when you get a girlfriend you’ll understand,” Joe said to his little brother, “Now get out of here.”

Frankie stuck his tongue out at him and left, “So, I’m your girlfriend now?” I asked curiously.

Joe rolled his eyes, “Well, duh,” he said surely with a smile.

“You didn’t ask me properly,” I said with a teasing smile, “What if I don’t want to be your girlfriend?”

His face dropped, “Then you’ve been leading me on this whole time,” he said as he crossed his arms and pouted, “Are you being serious?”

I shrugged, “I don’t know,” I said to him, “If you asked maybe you’d know.”

He groaned but smiled, “Will you be my girlfriend?” he asked softly.

“Nope,” I said with no emotion as I turned my back towards him and held in a giggle.

The next thing I knew I was being tackled onto the bed, “What did you say?” he said as he began to tickle my sides.

I couldn’t hold in my laughter any longer, “Okay, okay, I give up,” I said in between laughs as he smiled down at me, “Yes, I’ll be your girlfriend.”

“Good answer,” he said as he pressed his lips against mine softly.

He rolled off of, hid his face into the pillow, and screamed.

A few seconds later, “Joseph!” I heard Denise say from the doorway, “What on earth do you think you’re doing?”

“Crying myself a river,” he said into the pillow as I giggled slightly.

“What in God’s name for?” she asked as she placed her hands on her hips.

“He doesn’t want me to leave,” I said to her as she smiled at me.

“Well, then don’t,” she said coolly.

I looked at her strangely, “I kind of have to Mrs. Jonas,” I said with a light laugh, “He has a tour to go on.”

“Well, I don’t have to go,” he said brightly as I through another pillow at him, “Ouch.”

“Don’t be ridiculous, Joseph, you know very well that you have to go,” she said to her son and then she turned to me, “How about you join us?”

Joe jumped up, “REALLY?” he screamed in excitement making me jump, “CAN SHE MOMMY?”

Denise placed her hands over her ears, “If you don’t shout like a maniac,” she said with a laugh, “Yes, she can, if she wants to of course.”

“I don’t know…I don’t want to intrude,” I said I shook my head.

“Nonsense, dear, I need another woman there anyway,” she said with a smile.

“If you don’t go then I’m not going,” Joe said as he crossed his arms and stared at me.

I glared at him, “You’re going either way,” I said to him.

He pouted, “Please?” he said with a puppy dog face.

I turned to Denise, “Are you sure that you don’t mind?” I asked her.

“Not at all,” she said reassuringly, “Now, if you don’t accept Joseph’s head might explode.”

“She’s got a point,” Joe said with a grin, “Please?”

I smiled, “I accept,” I said, as soon as the words escaped my mouth I was being spun around by Joe.

“Woo-hoo,” he shouted as I laughed hysterically, “Please tell me you have a passport.”

I nodded, “Yeah, I went to Mexico once,” I said to him.

He grinned, “Great,” he said as he kissed my cheek then he ran over to Denise and smothered her with kisses, “THANK YOU, MOMMY!”

She hugged him back, “You’re welcome,” she said in between laughs, “Don’t you think you’re too old to be acting like that?”

He shook his head confidently, “Nope,” he said simply with a huge grin.

The next few days were extremely hectic. I traveled, with Joe, back home to get all of my things together; my grandparents decided to give us a four hour lecture on how to behave while we’re together. Rules were: No sex. Yeah, that was our only rule; it took them four hours to lecture it. Unbelievable, right? Not to mention, uncomfortable.

“So, do I make myself clear, young man?” My grandfather said looking directly at Joe.

“Sir, we won’t have sex, and if we do, I’ll call you first and ask your permission,” Joe said as he winked at my grandfather.

“Atta boy,” My grandfather said as he winked at Joe.

My eyes widened, “Men are such pigs,” I said to my grandmother as I rolled my eyes.

“Joe spent the entire day with him yesterday, your grandfather obviously rubbed off on him,” she said as she shook her head, “I’m sorry honey, that my husband ruined your boyfriend.”

We all laughed, “So, can I have Taylor’s number now?” my brother asked obnoxiously.

“Sure,” Joe said as he gave Jon-Robert her phone number, “Do what you want with it, but you didn’t get if from me.”

“No problem, church boy,” my brother said to him with a grin and ran upstairs.

“You’re insane,” I said to Joe as he grinned.

Just then our door bell rang, “I’ll get it!” My youngest brother Elijah screamed throughout the house.

“Hey little man!” I heard a familiar voice that made my jaw dropped, it was Lucas.

“Shit,” I said underneath my breath.

“Who is it?” Joe asked me, he obviously noticed the expression on my face.

I sighed, “Lucas,” I said to him, “Go upstairs, okay?”

Joe frowned, “For what?” he said with somewhat of an attitude.

“I don’t want a scene and he’s bound to cause one,” I said to him.

Joe shook his head, “Fine,” he said as he stood up and walked out of the kitchen.

“Holy shit, you’re---” I heard Lucas say but Joe cut him off.

“Yup,” Joe said with no emotion and he walked upstairs.

I walked up to him, “What are you doing here?” I said to look as I crossed my arms in front of me.

“I heard that you were back,” he said with a grin, “Didn’t think you would have that dude in your house.”

“Well, you thought wrong, and that dude is my boyfriend,” I said to him with a slight grin, “You need to leave.”

“You’re fucking dating him?” Lucas asked in disbelief, “When the fuck did that happened?”

“I won’t tolerate such language in my house,” My grandfather said looking at Lucas.

Lucas rolled his eyes, grabbed my arm and pulled me to the living room. Joe was standing at the bottom at the bottom of the stairs with his arms crossed.

“You can go upstairs,” Lucas said to him, “This doesn’t involve you.”

“Yes, it does, that’s my girlfriend,” Joe said as he walked towards me, “If you didn’t know that already.”

Lucas just ignored Joe, “Can you please reconsider?” he asked nicely.

I was appalled, “Reconsider what?” I asked him.

“Us,” Lucas said simply, “I miss you.”

My eyes widened, “No…HELL no,” I shouted.

“Please?” Lucas begged.

“Don’t make her repeat herself,” Joe said as he stood up to him.

“Get the fuck out of my face,” Lucas said as he pushed Joe back roughly but Joe barely even budged.

“Quit it!” I shouted at Lucas and then pointed to the door, “Get out!”

There was a long silence, “Fine, but remember this, you said no to me,” he said as he glared at me, “Have fun with the fag, maybe he’ll dump you over the phone too.”

Lucas stormed out of my house, “That was…unexpected,” I said finally as I looked at Joe, “You okay?”

He nodded, “Never better,” he said as he grinned at me then he pecked my lips, “I could have taken him.”

“Yeah, well, I’m not a fan of violence,” I said to him honestly as I kissed him back, “So, I’m glad that you didn’t.”
♠ ♠ ♠
Comments are greatly appreciated.