Fly With Me

Breakfast, Shopping, and the VMA's

“So, did you enjoy my son last night, Jewel?” Denise asked me the next morning at breakfast as she poured my some juice into my cup and smiled.

“I had a wonderful time,” I said to her honestly.

I blushed, “I think she enjoyed Joe too much,” Nick said with a laugh, “They were attached to each other’s lips last night.”

Joe glared at his brother, “Well, you wouldn’t know that if you weren’t being nosy and spying on us,” he said to him.

Denise laughed, “I’m just glad you’ve finally found someone that all of us like,” she said as she looked at Joe and then turned to me, “You’re one of the firsts that we approve of.”

I blushed harder but managed to smile, “Mom, I think you’re embarrassing Joe’s girlfriend,” Kevin said as he took a bite out of his breakfast.

“You guys are so embarrassing,” Joe said as he placed his arm around my chair, kissed my cheek, and smiled slightly at me, “I’m sorry.”

“It’s okay,” I said as I laughed lightly, “I think it would be worse if they didn’t like me.”

“Exactly,” Denise said with a warm smile, “So, what are you guys plans for today?”

“Shopping,” Kevin, Joe, and Nick said at the exact same time which made everyone laugh.

“And then tonight we’ll stay in and watch the VMA’s in the theater,” Joe said with an enthusiastic tone, “I hear they’re making a Michael Jackson tribute.”

“Oh, yeah, I heard about that and Green Day is performing,” I said with excitement as Joe rolled his eyes, “Isn’t Russell Brand hosting them again?”

I watched the boys cringe, “Why do you think we’re not going?” Kevin said with a slight smile.

I smiled sympathetically, “Last year must have been brutal,” I said as I shook my head, “He’s stupid.”

Joe curled a piece of my hair, “Don’t get me wrong, I mean, the guy’s funny and stuff,” he said as he looked at me, “It’s just, he can take it too far sometimes, you know?”

I nodded, “Agreed,” I said to him.

Later that day we were at the outside mall store hopping, “We haven't gotten hounded yet,” Joe said with enthusiasm as he rubbed his thumb on my hand that he was holding.

Nick laughed, “Don’t jinx us,” he said to his brother as he looked into a Burberry store, “Let’s go in here, I want a new scarf.”

Once we were in the store, Nick wrapped a blue scarf around his neck and looked in the mirror, “It’s not even cold,” I said to him with a laugh.

“We’re going on our European tour soon,” he explained, “So; I’m going to need it.”

“I see,” I said as I watched Joe check out a wallet, he was looking at the price tag so I leaned over to look too, “Oh my god, three hundred dollars for a wallet!”

The three of them laughed, “It’s pocket change,” Kevin said as he shrugged and tried on a hat.

“That’s crazy though,” I said taking the wallet out of Joe’s hand and examined it, “There’s nothing special about this wallet except that it says ‘Burberry’.”

“Duh,” Joe said as he rolled his eyes with a laugh and took the wallet out of my hand, “Want anything from here?”

I shook my head vigorously, “No, thank you,” I said to him surely as he smiled.

Just then my phone rang and I looked down at the ID and it was my grandma, “I’ll be right back,” I said to Joe as he nodded his head and I walked outside of the store.

I talked to my grandma for about ten minutes and then I walked back towards the store but the boys were already walking out, “We’re done in here,” Joe said grinned at my brightly.

“Oh okay,” I said to them with a smile and then laughed, “So, did you spend all your money in there?”

“Yeah, he got you two matching shirts,” Nick said as he rolled his eyes.

My jaw dropped, “What?” I said as I placed my hands on my hips.

Joe glared at him, “Thank you,” he said to his younger brother, “Look what you did, you go my in trouble.”

“I told you I didn’t want anything from there,” I said to him, “That place is over priced.”

“Not for me,” Joe said as he winked at me and then looked inside the bag that was holding and pulling out two shirts, “See, they’re cool.”

I grabbed the two shirts out of his hands and looked at them, they were both sky blue, and I have to admit they were really nice.

“See, I know you like them too,” he said as he placed his arm around my waist and kissed my cheek, “Don’t lie.”

I glared at him but managed to laugh, “Shut up,” I said to him, “Don’t do that again, though.”

“You realize he won’t listen, right?” Kevin said as he pulled out a purse from a bag that he was holding, “Would a girl like this? It’s for my fiancé.”

I nodded, “Yeah, it’s really pretty;” I said to him honestly, “Danielle will definitely like it.” He grinned.

We spent the rest of the afternoon at the mall, going into different stores and such. We were unfortunately bombarded with a few photographers but not many.

“VMA’s start in an hour, we better get back home,” Joe said as he looked down at his watch, “We could pick up a few pizzas on our way home.”

Everyone agreed and we were on our way. An hour later we were all in the theater, I was sitting next to Joe and there was a blanket over our legs and we were all eating pizza.

“Green Day is up for Best Rock Video,” I said excitedly, “I wish they would get to that category already.”

Joe rolled his eyes, “I heard their plane crashed and they didn’t make it to the VMA’s, I’m so sorry,” he said as he placed his hand on mine and laughed.

I glared at him evilly and smacked his arm, “I don’t think that’s funny,” I said to him rudely, “I love them.”

“I know,” he said with a laugh and rolled his eyes.

“And the winner for Best Female Video is…” The presenters announced, “…Taylor Swift.”

“Oh great,” Joe said as he rolled his eyes.

“Be nice, Joseph,” Denise said as she shook her head at her son as we all laughed.

Taylor was in the middle of her acceptance speech when Kanye West interrupted her, grabbed her microphone and said, “Taylor, I’m really happy for you and everything, and I’m going to let you finish but…Beyonce had one of the best videos of all time!”

The look on Taylor’s face made me feel so bad.

“Oh my god, what a jerk,” I said as I stood up, “Look at her face, I feel so bad for her.”

Joe was bursting into fits of giggles, “Oh man, that’s amazing!” he said as he pointed at the screen, “Kanye is my new favorite person!”

I looked at Joe, “That’s really mean,” I said to him as I shook my head, “Look at her, Joe!”

He shrugged, “She deserves a little bit of humiliation,” he said with no emotion, “After a year of humiliating me.”

I sighed, I guess it was understandable that he had resentment towards her, “Well, it’s still mean,” I said as I leaned back.

“I hope they kick that man out,” Denise said shaking her head, “That’s so inappropriate.”

I nodded, “I know,” I said as I agreed with her.

The award show continued and I was anticipating the award for Best Rock Video to show already.

The category finally arrived and we listened to the nominees, “Don’t get mad if I scream,” I said as I looked at Joe and everyone laughed lightly except for him.

“You do realize that he’s like a hundred, right?” Joe said as he looked at me.

“He’s thirty seven,” I said as I rolled my eyes, “He’s gorgeous.”

“That’s gross,” Nick said as he cringed, “Doesn’t he have kids and stuff?”

I nodded, “Two,” I said brightly, “And he’s bisexual.” I added.

“Well, isn’t that just lovely,” Paul said as he rolled his eyes.

I laughed at his expression, “And the winner is….Green Day!” they announced.

“Yes, yes , yes!” I said excitedly, I didn’t scream though and then I grabbed Joe’s arm, “Be happy with me.”

“Yay,” he said with a fake enthusiasm as he wrapped his arm around my shoulder, “There.”

I laughed lightly at his goofiness and watched Billie Joe give his acceptance speech, “Awe, look at him, he’s so cute!” I cooed at the screen.

“He’s so short,” Joe said as he watched also, “Man, he’s a midget.”

I stuck my tongue out at him and he laughed.

“You have to admit they are a good band,” Kevin said brightly.

“They’re music is cool but I don’t like them,” Joe said dully.

“Oh, I see, because Jewel likes the dude,” Nick said as he nodded his head, “Makes sense.”

We watched the rest of the award show and it was great. I sang along to Green Day as they performed and Joe laughed the whole time. When Beyonce won Video of the Year she let Taylor Swift come up and give her speech properly which I thought was the sweetest thing ever.

“Well, that was an awesome way to end it,” I said happily, “Beyonce is so nice.”

“I know, although Taylor has put Joe through a lot this passed year, she still didn’t deserve that,” Denise said truthfully, “I’m glad Beyonce had some class and did that for her.”

“That’s so dumb, it wasn’t even that bad,” Joe said as he rolled his eyes, “She’s such a drama queen.”

“What would you have done?” I asked him as I crossed my arms.

“I would have taken the microphone back and been like’ if it was so good then why didn’t she win’,” He said confidently.

“Well, I think she handled it perfectly,” I said to him, “Stop being so hostile about it.”

“What do you expect?” He said to me as he threw his hands up as I laughed lightly.
♠ ♠ ♠
Comments are greatly appreciated.

I'm sorry for the lack of updates. One of my grandma's had a heart attack and the other had a stroke, it's just been very hectic. I plan on updating sooner now that everything is getting back to normal.