Fly With Me

What Would You Say...

Image
I was extremely nervous as I was getting ready for the dinner. I don’t know exactly why but I was. Maybe it was because I wasn’t used to dressing up in formal wear, maybe it was because I was a guest in the Jonas’ house, or maybe it was because of Joe. Yeah, I’ll put my money on the last reason.

I zipped up my bright red dress that came up just above my knees, I slipped on my red high heels, buckled them at the ankle, and then I curled my long blonde hair. After doing that, I applied a little bit of clear lip gloss and a tad bit of blush so that I wouldn’t look so pale. I sighed as I looked in the mirror, I suppose I looked…presentable.

Just then I heard a three knocks on the door, “Come in,” I announced as I turned towards the door.

The door opened, “We’re leaving in-” Joe started as he walked in but stopped suddenly once our eyes were connected, “Wow…”

I turned back to the mirror, “What?” I asked examining myself again and then turned back to him, “Too much?”

He shook his head forcefully, “Not at all…” he said as he smiled, “You look stunning.”

I grinned at him, “Thanks,” I said to him as I felt my cheek start to burn, “You don’t look to bad yourself.”

He looked down at his outfit which was black skinny jeans, black dress shoes, and a white button up shirt, “This old thing? I just threw it on,” he joked making us both laugh.

I walked over to him and fixed his collar, “You look very handsome,” I said to him with a smile.

He smiled, “So, you ready to head downstairs?” he asked curiously.

I nodded, “I was just going to put on some red- ” I started but he cut me off by shaking his head.

“You don’t need it,” he said surely, “You look great.”

“You sure?” I said looking at myself in the mirror again, “I don’t look to pale?”

He connected his with me through the mirror and smiled again, “I’m positive,” he said, “Come on, let’s head downstairs.”

I grabbed my clutch from the dresser and turned around, “Alright, I’m ready,” I said to him.

He held his arm out for me to take, “Shall we?” he said in a terrible English accent which made me laugh.

“You’re retarded,” I said linking our arms together, “But I guess if you’re my last resort.” I joked.

He frowned, “Gee, thanks,” he said sadly.

I laughed while I reached over and placed a tiny kiss on his cheek, “Just kidding,” I said to him as he smiled widely at me.

“Better be kidding,” he said as we walked out of the room and down the stairs.

Everyone was already waiting inside of the living room, “Jewel, sweetheart, you look beautiful,” Denise said hugging me sweetly.

I grinned at her, “Thank you,” I said thankfully, “You look amazing as well as a matter of fact everyone looks great.”

A short while after mingling in the living room, we were picked up by a limousine and taken to an extremely nice restaurant.

“Did you enjoy your visit in San Antonio, Joe?” Denise said in the middle of dinner, “I know you were so excited to go and see her.”

Joe grinned at his mom, “Yeah, we had a good time; her grandparents are really nice” he piped, “Her brothers are really funny, I learned that Jewel wants to have my babies.”

I sighed, “That’s not true,” I said to everyone, “My brothers just like to embarrass me.”

Nick laughed, “And I’m sure your brothers came up with that all on their own?” he asked curiously.

My cheeks started to burn, “Alright, I might have said that but it was a long time ago,” I said to them honestly, “When I was didn’t know him and was unhealthily obsessed with him.”

Everyone laughed again but Joe frowned, “You’re not obsessed with me anymore?” he said sadly.

I shook my head vigorously, “Not in the obsessed teenie way that I was before,” I said honestly.

“Then in what way are you obsessed with him?” Kevin asked obviously trying to embarrass me and Joe smiled as he waited for the answer.

I stammered, “You’re making the poor girl nervous, Kevin,” Paul scolded his son, “That’s not very nice to treat our guest.”

“Oh come on, dad, I’m just curious about what she sees in my retarded little brother,” Kevin said looking at his dad and then at me with a smile, “So, what is it?”

“Yeah, what is it?” Joe said as he grinned, it took him a few seconds to realize what Kevin had just said so he turned to him, “Hey, I’m not retarded!”

Frankie giggled, “You’re retarded,” he said as he pointed at Joe.

“Oh, this is interesting to watch,” Nick said leaning back against his chair with a grin on his face.

Joe nudged me, “So, what do you see in me?” he said wiggling his eye brows making me laugh.

“Can we just talk about it later?” I pleaded, “Please.”

“Yes, Joe,” Denise said to her son, “You boys are so cruel, embarrassing her that way.”

Joe grinned at me widely, “Fine, I’m holding you to that offer,” he said to me as I nodded.

After that somewhat uncomfortable dinner we headed back to the Jonas’ household, I took a shower and changed into my pajamas. I sat on the bed as I brushed my hair and all of a sudden there was a knock at the door.

“Come in,” I said as I continued to brush through my hair.

Joe slipped through the door wearing pajama pants and a muscle shirt and he grinned, “You’re already going to bed?” he asked, “It’s barely ten thirty!”

I laughed lightly, “Well, I’m worn out from being embarrassed at dinner thanks to someone,” I said emphasizing the word someone as he sat next to me on the bed.

He laughed, “Oh, don’t be a drama queen;” he said rolling his eyes, “It wasn’t that bad.”

“Easy for you to say,” I said to him as I laughed, “You weren’t the one being put on the spot like that.”

He nodded, “That’s true,” he said understandingly and then he smiled as if he had an idea, “So…it’s later.”

“What?” I asked in a clueless tone, although I knew exactly what he was talking about.

“Tell me what you see in me,” he said laying across the bed and staring at me, “Or how do you see me?”

I leaned back and managed to smile at him, “Why?” I asked as I crossed my arms and whined.

He laughed at me slightly, “That way I know if we see each other in the same way,” he said in somewhat of a soft voice.

That caught my interest completely.

I leaned back up, “Well, wait, how do you see me?” I asked curiously as I looked at him.

He shook his head, “Uh-uh, I asked you first,” he said looking at me with a smile.

“Alright, well I asked you second and two is bigger than once so I win,” I said trying to come up with a reason for him to spill first, “So, you tell me first.”

He stared at me for about three seconds and then started laughing, “That has to be the lamest thing that I’ve ever heard,” he said looking at me.

I watched him laugh at me and then I poked his stomach, “Stop laughing at me, you dork,” I said to him as I laughed, “Answer the question.”

He stopped laughing after a few seconds, took a deep breath, it looked like he was thinking and finally let out a groan, “Come on, just tell me,” he said in frustration.

I shook my head, “No, you’re going to first,” I said grabbing a pillow and hugging it with a smile, “You’re older so I mean it’s only fair.”

He smiled, “Alright fine,” he said finally giving it, “How would you react if I said that-”

But I cut him off, “Before you tell me I need to tell you about my parents,” I said suddenly without even thinking.

He was taken back and he stood up, “I already know that they aren’t alive anymore,” he said looking at me.

I nodded, “I know but you need to know why,” I said to him, “Everyone’s opinion changes of me after they know the reasoning behind the way that they died so yeah.”

“I doubt that I’ll see you any differently,” he said smiling, “Alright, so tell me.”

I took a deep breath, “When I was eight my dad was murdered,” I said and I watched Joe’s face turn pale.

“How?” he asked hesitantly, “Why?”

“He was a drug dealer, a major one actually, and I guess a deal went wrong or something, he ended up getting kidnapped and they killed him,” I explained as I looked at him, “But, he was the best dad in the world, I mean he kept his job and his family life completely separate.”

“Wow, that must have been so hard to go through,” he said scooting closer to me.

I nodded, “It was,” I told him honestly as I felt my eyes water as I felt his arm slide around me, “Anyway, and my mom, Jesus, she was amazing, seriously, she was.” I smiled, “Anyways, well, after my uncle and grandfather passed away, she got into like this really deep depression, and she started using drugs, and that’s when I was about fourteen. She became addicted and we struggled with her addiction for about four years, she would go into rehab and be alright for awhile but she would always relapse, one day she just did too much.”

“So, it was an overdose?” he asked silently.

I wiped my eyes and nodded, “Yeah, it was,” I said looking at him.

He moved a lose strand of my hair and put it behind me ear, “You are probably one of the strongest people that I have ever met,” he said softly, “What took you so long to tell me?”

“I was ashamed,” I told him honestly, “I mean, come on, look at your life, it’s pretty much perfect and I figured if you knew that you’d see me differently, you’d see me as some girl who’s a complete basket case.”

“Well, you thought wrong,” he said smiling at me, “And you shouldn’t be ashamed of your parents, I mean sure they may have made some bad choices but that doesn’t mean that they were bad people, I mean look, they raised you and you’re perfect.”

I laughed lightly, “I’m obviously no where near perfect,” I said to him, “Look at everything that I’ve gone through and I’m not even twenty yet.”

“You shouldn’t think of it like that, yes, you’ve been through some rough times but it’s made you a strong person,” he said, “You should be proud of yourself.”

I smiled at him, “Thanks,” I said to him truthfully, “Anyway, sorry for interrupting you in the beginning, you can continue now.”

He laughed lightly and then took a deep breath, “What would you say if I told you that…” he stopped and smiled at me.

I groaned, “Don’t do that, that’s mean,” I said impatiently, “Tell me.”

“If I told you that I liked you,” he said finally and then looking down.

“Why?” I asked curiously with a smile, “Do you like me?” I nudged him.

I watched him nod his head, “Yeah,” he said softly, “A lot actually.”

My heart began to beat insanely, “I would say that you need to look at me, first,” I said as his head came up slowly, “And then I would say that I like you, too.”

I watched a smile creep up on his gorgeous his face, “Really?” he asked in a shocked tone.

I nodded, “Really,” I said smiling at him.

He let out a relieved sigh, “Good, because if you didn’t then that would have been really embarrassing,” he said making us both laugh, “So, with all of that being said, let’s go out Saturday night.”

“Like a date?” I asked him curiously.

He nodded, “Yes, would you go out on a date with me Saturday night?” he asked properly.

I grinned widely, “Yes, I’ll go on a date with you, Joe,” I said to him as I watched him smile widely.

“Great,” he said happily.
♠ ♠ ♠
Comments are greatly appreciated.
Ideas anyone?