Cynical Relations

Chapter Fourteen;

The rest of the morning had flown by in a blur. The two had carried on playing around together in bed until they finally decided to get dressed. As Draco pulled back the curtains surrounding the bed he took note of how the other boys had already vacated the dormitory - which wasn’t a surprise as they had both missed breakfast that morning by a long shot.

Lacie endured another awkward lunch with Crabbe, Goyle, Blaise and Pansy before she and Draco parted ways. The sixteen year old was in an extremely positive mood after the morning that she had spent with Draco, nothing was going to bring her down. Her hair flew behind her as she ran from the great hall and down to the dungeons. The sudden change in the temperature never faltered her mood as she headed to Snape’s classroom. Instead of knocking like she usually would she just burst into his room.

“Professor Snape!” She exclaimed out of breath, smiling widely.

“Is there a reason that you ceased to knock, Miss Horncroft?” Came his silky smooth voice as he looked up from the book he had been studying.

“Oh, sorry Sir, I was just wondering if you needed anymore potions brewing,” Snape raised his eyebrows at the hyperactive female.

“Just carry on with the potions that you were making yesterday,” Lacie nodded and began gathering everything that she needed.

Silently Lacie had begun to work on brewing the needed potions. She had changed into some new clothes that morning just before she and Draco had headed down to the great hall but she was regretting picking what she had chosen to wear. After a few minutes of being near the unbearable heat of the Bunsen burner, she had to step back from the cauldron to peal her jumper off, throwing it to the side.

“I noticed that you’ve been befriended by Mr Malfoy,” Lacie looked up as she heard her professors voice; quite surprised as they usually both just kept to themselves whenever she helped him out.

“Yes, I have. Although I have to admit, I’m not too keen on his friends,” Lacie smiled again as she thought about Draco. His feelings for her had to be true hadn’t they? What with the diamond necklace and everything?

“Be careful,” Snape uttered after a few minutes, making Lacie frown slightly.

“Okay Sir,” She didn’t know whether he was talking about the potions or Draco and to be honest, she didn’t want find out.
♠ ♠ ♠
I think this is the shortest chapter I've written yet. Sorry about that. I started college last week and it's left me feeling absolutely knackered but I promise to try and carry on updating and everything :) Reviews would still be appreciated :)

Oh and Lacie doesn't have a thing for Severus, she just loves potions and likes him as a professor :) It's actually just the writer who has a thing for him ;)