Cynical Relations

Chapter Fifteen;

Friday was mostly spent with Lacie hiding away in her dormitory. She was too nervous to even want to see Draco and she knew he would just taunt her for the state that she was in anyway.

By the time seven o’clock had come around, Lacie was staring at the black dress that was lying in front of her on her bed. Some of the other girls had already started to get into their dresses but the brunette could not will herself to do the same. Well that was until Pansy came storming through the door and closed in on her.

“Draco told me to make sure you get ready,” Lacie could hear the amount of distaste in her voice but chose not to comment on that in particular. Lacie stood from her bed, knowing that she had no choice but to get ready now as she didn’t particularly want Pansy breathing down her neck.

“Is that your dress?” Pansy asked, barely holding back a sneer as she eyed the material lying on Lacie’s bed.

“It is,” Lacie mumbled, not at all liking the way that Pansy was addressing her.

“Well you better be ready on time otherwise Draco will be mad at the both of us,” Lacie doubted that greatly, Draco had shown her nothing but compassion those past few days.

None the less Lacie watched as Pansy walked away and then promptly drew the curtains around her bed so that she had some privacy. The brunette pulled away her current clothing and quickly slipped the dress over her head. The black silk clung perfectly in some places whilst gently cascaded in others.

It was a weird feeling and Lacie immediately felt a sharp chill attack her but she tried to ignore it as she viewed herself in the full-length mirror beside her bed. The dress was cut so that is dipped down between her breasts, showing more skin than Lacie found comfortable. This dip was further accentuated by the necklace that Draco had bought her but still, she looked stunning none the less.

Lacie looked into the mirror with slight remorse, watching the way that the silk flowed down her body. She had never felt this uncomfortable in such a long time. She grimaced.

***

Draco was sat on one of the sofas in the Slytherin common room, waiting for Lacie to enter. He would never actually admit it but he was nervous about how the night would turn out; he had dated Pansy in the past and sure she was good on the physical side of a relationship but she lacked real emotion.

“Tonight is sure going to be interesting,” He faintly heard Blaise say from beside him. Ignoring him, Draco just stared into space. At the end of the night he was going to tell Lacie that it had all actually been a bet… wasn’t he? His feelings and perspectives had changed over the past few days. Draco definitely hadn’t changed as a person - he was still snide and manipulative - but his views on ‘Loner Lacie’ had changed completely.

“Well she’s turned up. You’ve just got to make sure that she lasts the rest of the night now,” Draco looked up as he heard Blaise’s words. His eyes widened as he saw Lacie. Her hair was in loose curls that cascaded gently down her back, her makeup was simple and the dress she wore was stunning. Draco’s gift was hanging delicately around her neck and that was all the jewellery that she wore. She looked truly beautiful.

***

Lacie was a nervous wreck by the time she was fully dressed and ready. Pansy had had to actually yell at her just to get her to leave the room which really, she was strangely thankful for. An uneasy feeling coursed through her body as she walked with some of the other girls to where Draco was awaiting her but luckily she could walk in heels so she was able to walk daintily instead of clumsily.

She found Draco sitting on one of the sofas beside Blaise. He hadn’t noticed her entrance but Blaise had and had leant over to say something to the blonde. She gave a nervous smile as Draco looked up and met her eyes. Immediately he rose to his feet, moving over to her with his eyes looking her up and down.

“You look…” He paused and a smile spread across his lips, “positively breathtaking.” Lacie couldn’t help but blush. Draco leant towards her and placed a chaste kiss on her cheek.

“Thank you, you look quite handsome yourself,” Draco just smirked and held his arm out to her. They left the others behind in the common room and walked towards the great hall together.
♠ ♠ ♠
Okay so i'm a terrible, terrible person. I know. Starting college messed with my body clock and I just couldn't be bothered to write. But here's an update. I should have this finished soon. Voila.

Have a happy New Year guys :)