Sequel: Supernova Love
Status: Active

Whatever Happened To Needing No One?

Chapter Sixteen

I opened the door to Jenna and Adam’s apartment and walked in. Knock, knock! I said as I walked through the front foyer to the living room that once was mine. It looked completely different than when I had lived here. The decorating scheme was entirely new. It was now a warm beige colour with deep chocolate furniture; completely unlike the light airy concept Jenna and I had. Hello?! I called out and then Jenna came out from the hallway.

Hey sis. What’s up? She asked as she was towel drying her long dark brown hair. I had always been envious of Jenna’s hair. I wanted her naturally curly rich full mocha locks my whole life. I had tried once. I bought a drug store box of Mocha Brown 51, but it didn't turn out beautiful, deep and stunning like Jenna’s. I ended up with a patchy dye job that left me with a dull mousy brown that I had to spend a fortune on at a salon to get my hair back to normal.

Not much. Just came by to see what you're up to. I told her. That was a lie, however. What I really wanted was to get some older sister advice. Where’s Adam?

He’s out with Ben. I have no idea what they're doing, but it’s probably better that way.
She said with a laugh as we sat down on the couch.

So how’s this living together thing going?

It’s great! I've really got to stay on top of him to make sure he cleans up after himself, but it’s perfect.
She told me with a smile and I knew she was telling the truth. She was ridiculously happy living with Adam. I nodded, biting my bottom lip. Ask me. She said.

What?

Ask me! You didn't come here to ask about me and Adam. You’ve got something on your mind, Ry. I know you. You do that nervous lip biting thing when you’re trying to figure out how to say something.
I took a deep breath in and exhaled loudly.

It’s just...Jon has been asking me to move in with him for a while now. Her eyes widened slightly when I told her this. It’s been an issue ever since we got together. I told her.

And you’re not ready?

I don't know. I don't know if I'm ready or not! I mean...what if I move in there and we get on each other’s nerves? What if I move in and everything about him pisses me off?

Well...wouldn’t you rather know that now rather than a year down the road when you're both deeper into this with each other?
I glared at her. If that were the case people would move in with each other from day one. So Jonny’s ready to take that step, huh?

Yep.
I replied. What made you and Adam wait as long as you did? She took a deep breath in, clearly thinking to come up with her answer.

I don't really know. The topic just never came up. Adam and I were happy living our lives together separately. You and Jon are a lot different than me and Adam, Ry. You two got serious really fast. Adam and I dated casually for a long time! From the minute Jonny saw you he wanted you and no one else, and you're one of those girls that gives all of yourself to the guy you're with. You may not be living with him, but your life revolves around Jonny already.

It does not!
I protested.

I’m not saying that's a bad thing. I'm just saying that it does. Maybe you don't even realize it; it’s just become natural to you. But the truth is, Ry, that you guys may only have three or four months behind you, but you’re probably at the stage Adam and I were at when hit that one year mark. She was right. Jon and I were serious from the get go.

How did you know you were ready to live with him? I watched as a smile crept across her face.

We had been talking about it for a bit, and it just felt right. I hated waking up without him. He had become my whole world, and when he wasn’t around I just felt like a piece of me was missing. I nodded. I had known that about Jenna. She was always happiest when Adam was around. The long road trips just kill her. Are you sure you're holding out on this because you’re not ready?

What do you mean?

This doesn't have anything to do with Brent, does it?

No! Absolutely not.
I protested.

You’re sure?

Why does everyone keep asking me that?!
I exclaimed. That’s Jonathan’s main issue. He thinks I won’t move in because of Brent. Even Kris asked me that! I just don't get why all of you people are thinking that this has to do with..

Ryah...you two are pretty cozy.
She told me. I mean, you guys have a freaking credit card together. And let’s be honest, you’re not contributing to paying off those bills.

What are you saying?

I'm just saying that you two are not normal roommates. You're wayyy too tight.

Of course we’re tight. He’s my best friend. I love him.

So there's nothing going on with you and Brent?
She asked me. You don't like...leave Tazer’s and go home and climb into Brent’s bed do you?

No!
I shouted and then began to laugh. There has never ever been any sort of attraction between us. None what so ever, and it pisses me off every time Jonathan brings that up because I feel like the only reason he wants me to move in is to get me away from Brent.

Well can you blame him? Guys are crazy jealous when it comes to their girlfriends. The fact that you’re living with his teammate is really tough on him and it’s just that much worse when he sees how close you are. You can’t get mad at him for being worried that he might lose you. It’s not because he doesn't trust you. If he didn't trust you he wouldn't be with you.
I had never thought about it like that. I nodded. I'm not saying you should move in with him. That's something that you need to decide for yourself. Not for Jonny. You need to do what's right for you.
- - -
It was Tuesday; mine and Jonny’s movie night. Every Tuesday that he was home we stayed in and watched some sort of movie. Tonight was my night and he was going to have to suffer through the Notebook again. I walked into his bedroom with our big bowl of popcorn and he was lying on the bed on his side propped up on his elbow. A smile spread across his face when he saw me come in. You were gone a long time. He told me as he patted my side of the bed. I don't exactly know why the right side of Jon’s bed had become my side...it just always had been mine. I set the popcorn on the bed side table and climbed onto the bed and buried my face in his chest. His big, comforting arms wound themselves around me, holding me close. There was nothing I loved more than this. I rested my chin on his chest and looked into his dark eyes as he was lightly rubbing my back. What? He asked. I could feel the vibrations of his deep voice through his chest. I shook my head lightly, but didn't take my eyes from his. It was at that moment that I knew. Everything suddenly became so clear during this simple moment that we had shared so many times. You okay, Ry? I smiled at him.

Do you still want me to move in with you? His eyes lit up and his arms tightened around my waist, pulling me completely on top of him.

Are you playing around with me right now? He asked, to which I shook my head. He kissed me. Of course. He kissed me again, harder this time. Of course! His hand was tangled it my hair as he pressed his lips to mine again. He swiftly rolled us over, without freeing my lips, so that his solid body was pinning mine to the royal blue sheets that covered the mattress. He pulled back abruptly, looking at me sceptically. You're just yanking my chain aren't you? I laughed loudly.

No. I managed to get out. If you will have me, I’ll be invading your apartment permanently by the weekend. His smirk grew to a toothy grin.

I will have you anyplace, anytime. He said as his hand began sneaking up my shirt. What are the chances of having you in here by tomorrow? He asked as he began placing kisses strategically along my neck.

Not gonna happen. Have you seen how much stuff I have?

I can work overtime.
He told as unhooked by bra. It was a piece of cake for him seeing as it was one with a front closure. I’m amazing under pressure.

I know that.
I let out a soft moan as his warm hands groped my breasts. I rolled him over, swiftly securing my legs on either side of him as I let my weight rest on his hips. His hands rested on my ass and he pulled my body hard against his as he thrusted his pelvis upwards. Easy big guy. I told him as I patted his chest. It’s movie night.

It could be one of those nights where I fuck you like crazy until it’s not physically possible anymore.
I grinned at him. I did love those nights.

We’ll consider that after the movie. He groaned and slapped my ass. Hey! I warned him, sticking a finger in his face. When it’s your turn to pick the movie we can pass for sex. That’s fine by me. But not on my night. Not happening.

You are going to be the death of me. Do you know that?
He grabbed a handful of my hair, bringing my lips to meet his passionately.

You love it. I told him with a smirk. The playful, devious look on his face softened as he cupped my face in his hands.

I love you.
♠ ♠ ♠
She finally did it =]

thoughts?

What about Jonny's little confession?!