Sequel: Supernova Love
Status: Active

Whatever Happened To Needing No One?

Chapter Twenty Three

I stormed through the front door of Brent’s apartment with tears streaming down my face. I was hyperventilating and I was shaking after catching Jon with that gorgeous slut. Ry? Brent called out from the living room. That was fast! I walked towards the room and when he heard me coming he glanced up. His expression immediately changed to concern as my sobs became louder and more uncontrollable. I went right to him and collapsed into his arms; crying my heart out against his chest. What happened, Ry?

He has some incredibly gorgeous, perfect, model-esque girl skanking up the very apartment that I've been out of for like...three days!
I shouted as I wiped my tired, sore eyes.

What are you talking about?!

I went there! I went there and there is some girl there!

What did he say?

He wasn’t there! He showed up with dinner for them and I told him to fuck himself and then I pushed him.
Brent stared at me completely shocked. He ran a hand through his hair and exhaled a long, loud breath.

Are you sure that..

If I didn't think that there was something going on would I be here crying like this?! No. There is absolutely something going on.
I told him. I was such an idiot! Why did I even think that Jonathan would be sorry? Why did I even let myself think that we could fix this? Clearly Jonathan was over this already.

Maybe she was his sister! Brent offered.

You know as well as I do that Jon doesn't have a sister. He has a brother. Brent nodded. I'm done. I told him. Brent’s eyes widened at me and he went into defensive mode yet again.

Ryah don't you think that you should hear him out? Maybe it’s all a misunderstanding. You can’t just..

Brent!
I yelled. You need to stop this! Don't you see that YOU are the one fighting to keep this relationship? You're not even in it! Obviously he doesn't care. If he did he would have gone after me! He wouldn't have stopped when I told him to.

Yah, but..

GOD DAMMIT BRENT!
I screamed as I got to my feet. Stop it! I demanded and then stormed towards my room. I don't want to fucking hear it!
- - -
I got up out of bed the next morning after I had heard Brent leave for practice. I didn't want to be around him after I freaked out at him last night. He was only trying to help, but I didn't want to listen to him try to justify Jonathan’s actions. Jon had another woman in the apartment. The apartment that I had been living in. The apartment that all of my stuff is still in.

It made no sense to me how he could do a complete one eighty like this and not even care about how this was hurting me. Who the hell did he think he was making me fall in love with him and then just crushing me like this? This is exactly why I never let myself get involved with men. They're scum. Lying, cheating, stomp on your heart scum.

I glanced at the clock; it was ten thirty. The team would be in practice for at least another hour so that meant I had a good two hours to get to Jonathan’s apartment to get some stuff. I got to my feet quickly and headed for the door. I kissed Sam and Roxie, told them to be good and left Brent’s apartment.
- - -
I slipped the key into the lock and opened the door to Jon’s apartment and that's when it hit me. I didn't have a home. This was Jon’s apartment, and I didn't feel like Brent’s apartment was mine anymore. I couldn't move back in with Jenna when her and Adam have things going so well for them. I wasn’t about to burden them. I guess I'm going to have to find myself some place to live.

I slowly made my way through I scanned the apartment looking for any signs of her but I didn't see any. It was surprising. I knew all too well how fast Jonathan liked his relationships to go. He had probably proposed to the bitch already and she was most likely out trying on wedding dresses.

I made my way into the bedroom and pulled my suitcase from the closet and quickly began throwing any clothes that I could get my hands on into it. I wanted to get out of there as fast as I could. Once it was full I turned around and took the room in. Jonathan had made the bed. He never made the bed. That Carrie slut must have done it. As I analysed the bed something on it caught my eye. I walked around to the side of the bed that used to be mine and picked the picture frame up off of it. I sat on the edge as I stared down at the picture of Jonathan and I kissing at new years. I had never been a fan of those cheesy kissing pictures, but this was my favourite picture of us. I smiled, but almost as soon as I did tears started to fall once more.

I laid back on the bed hugging the picture frame tight to my chest as hysterical sobs escaped my body. I had never been such an emotional wreck. I had never in my entire life cried this much. I had never felt this kind of pain. Ryah?! I sat straight up and saw Jonathan standing in the doorway. The first thing I noticed was the black eye that had clearly only been given to him a little while ago, then I saw the sadness coming from those eyes. I laid back down on the bed and continued crying. I couldn't help it. He had ruined me.

I immediately felt the bed shift as Jonathan climbed onto it. He took the picture frame from my hands, placed it on his bed side table. He wrapped his arms around me and pulled me to his chest, and I let him. I so badly wanted to feel his arms around me even though it would be the last time.
♠ ♠ ♠
sorry this took so long.
i hit a little slump with this one but its back on track.

comment if you want more
<3