Sequel: Supernova Love
Status: Active

Whatever Happened To Needing No One?

Chapter Three

Done! I stated as I printed off my class schedule. I have been sitting here for about 45 minutes and I actually managed to get it so I could keep all my hours at the daycare center. It probably wouldn't have taken so long if I was by myself. Adam’s roommate, who I now know is named Brent, loves to talk. I'm pretty sure he told me his whole life story, he’s certainly not shy. Funny thing is I probably told him just as much about myself...he’s ridiculously easy to talk to. While I sorted through class options he grilled me about Jenna. Embarrassing moments, fears, bad habits, dorky nicknames...all that stuff.

Let me see that. He said as he took the sheet of paper and analyzed it. And you have work on top of this?!

I do.

You're gonna be one busy girl. What do you do?

I work at a daycare center.

Oh sweet. Little kids are awesome. That must be a fun job.

Yah it’s pretty good!
As we continued talking the door opened and in walk Adam and Jenna.

Seabs! Back away from my sister.

Well hello to you too Jenna.
Brent replied then turned his attention on Adam. The boys are goin out to Serenity tonight.

Sounds like a plan.
Adam replied as he sat on the couch. I stood up from my seat.

Well...thank you for the computer. I’ll see you guys later. I headed for the door when Adam spoke up.

You're not comin with us?

Yah, Ry! You should come. You’ve been here a while now and haven’t actually been out yet.
I wasn’t really in the mood to go out and drink...I just wanted to watch a movie and go to sleep and as if Jenna could read my mind she began to argue. Come on! You got a job...you got into CSU...you deserve to celebrate. I sighed.

Fine. But you better take care of me if this gets messy.

I’ll take care of yah sweetheart.
Brent stated, causing Jenna to smack him in the back of the head.

Leave her alone! She's too damn young for you. I heard her say to him as I left the apartment. Something tells me I'm in for a long night.
- - -
Note to self...don’t ever try to go shot for shot with a bunch of hockey players. The fact that they do this quite regularly and that they've got just about a foot on me, not to mention the weight difference, doesn't help my case. With every drink I was losing my ability to focus and I'm pretty sure every drink upped my normally quiet behaviour. Actually, I knew it was. I knew this for a fact because I was dancing...I don't dance. Not that I can’t dance...I just don't. Unless I'm drunk that is. I plopped myself down at the table and I glanced at my watch. 1230? What happened to 1130? I scanned the room, suddenly realizing that I haven’t seen my sister in a while. She left. Brent said. I glanced back to the table I was sitting at. Apparently these hockey boys like to call each other by nicknames rather than their actual first name. Throw that into the mix with a little, and by little I mean a lot, of Mr. Jack Daniels and you’ve got one pretty confused Ryah. We’ve got Sharpie sitting to my left and Kaner on the other side of the table. I chalked those up to being typical ‘I'm gonna add a couple letters on to your name’ nicknames. Brent, the only one who’s first name I actually know, has been called Seabs all night...so I guess he falls into the former category as well. Then we have Verbeauty. The last guy at the table, and the only one that was louder than me right now. I couldn't figure that name out at all...not that I tried much. Her and Burr left a while ago. Great! Thanks sis. Who does that?! Convince someone to go out, provide that someone with drink after drink and then leave. Without saying goodbye.

What a thoughtful sister I have, huh? He chuckled at that.

Are you sure you're sisters? You don't look a thing alike. Said Kaner. I looked at him across the table and over the bottles and glasses that were on it. He looked so young...he couldn't be 21. Not that I was one to talk...the wonders a fake id can do!

Kaner have you not seen the eyes? They've got the exact same eyes, dude.

Bravo!
I said as I glanced at the one known as Sharpie. He seemed like the type that was well aware of his surroundings and more perceptive than the others. That's the only similarity Jenna and I share. You're good!

Sharpie! You know Kaner’s not a look her in the eye type of guy.

Oh whatever, Steeger! I..
Kaner was quick to reply but I cut him off.

Okay. You guys lost me. I need first names because these nicknames are really confusing me. They laughed and Brent jumped on the task of filling me in.

Well...we got Patrick, Pat and Kris. He said as he motioned to the guys.

Thank you! But, boys...this is where I leave.

Come on! The night is young!
I'm not sure which one of them protested, but I wasn’t about to stay.

The night is young, but morning comes early when you've gotta take care of a room full of toddlers at 10 am. With that Brent walked me outside, put me in a cab and I was on my way. I was really gonna have to fight hard to not fall into a habit of doing this. These guys are a lot of fun to be around, tonight they were anyways, but I have way too much on my plate right now to get sidetracked.
♠ ♠ ♠
Kind of a filler...Jonny boy makes an appearance in the next chapter :)

comments = <333