Sequel: Supernova Love
Status: Active

Whatever Happened To Needing No One?

Chapter Seven

It had been exactly one week since I was evicted from my apartment...well...my old apartment. The move went surprisingly smooth. I guess that's what happens when you've got three pretty strong men to help you out. Adam, Brent and Kris moved all the big stuff like my bed, dresser and desk while Jenna and I managed the lighter loads like my clothes, pillows and books. Now, I was sitting in the apartment that I share with Brent...alone. I've been alone pretty much all week. There have been a couple of away games and lots of practices this week. It’s funny, I used to really like being alone. I liked the quiet, the independence, time to myself...but now I would rather have teeth pulled then spend days by myself. Thank god for school. At least I had something to keep me busy. I sat down with my books and opened to the chapter we were studying when I heard the front door open. BRENT! I screamed as I jumped to my feet and began out of my room. I'm so glad you're back! I've missed you so.. I stopped mid sentence when I saw that it wasn’t Brent that had just entered the apartment. It was Jonathan. Jonathan! What are you doing here? Brent isn’t..

Actually, I came here to talk to you.
He cut me off.

Me?

Yes you.
He said as he looked into my eyes. Like always when his eyes were on mine, my thoughts seemed to leave my head. This time, though, something a little different happened. I had butterflies. I'm not the butterflies-in-the-stomach kind of girl...but I had butterflies as he looked at me.

Oh...well...what’s up?

That's what I was wondering.
I looked at him confused. You're living with Seabrook? I nodded.

Uh huh. That's kind of why I'm here. I said sarcastically.

What I mean is...uhm... he ran a hand through his hair and I could tell he was thinking hard, trying to figure out how to say something. Are you...you and Seabrook...are you and Seabrook a thing? He asked. I looked back at him and this was the first time I had seen this look on his face. Uncertainty. He was always so confident, so sure of himself but right now he looked uneasy.

No. No! We’re not dating!

You're not?
He repeated.

No! Not at all. I'm only here because Jenna and Adam completely left me out in the cold and Brent’s got an extra room. Actually, that's a lie. Steeger offered me his spare room. I said with a laugh. Let’s just say I trust Brent to not sneak into my room and violate me while I'm sleeping. He laughed for the first time since he’s been here and it brought a smile to my face.

True enough! He said and then there was a pause.

So uhm...Are you hungry? I asked as I walked into the kitchen and opened the fridge.

Actually... he said from behind me as he closed the fridge. I am.

Okay, well I kind of need the fridge opened If you want me to make you some..
he got a big grin on his face again as he cut me off.

We’re goin out to eat. He stated.

Oh are we?!

Uh huh. So go put on something cute. You're not getting out of it this time.
I stood there with my hands on my hips trying to come up with something. Hop to it beautiful. He said as he shoved me towards the bedroom.

FINE! Do you always have to manhandle women to get what you want? I asked as he guided me into my room by my elbow. He laughed slightly.

No. I’ve never actually had to work this hard to get a date. He said with a bit of a grin.

Yah well...this is NOT a date, superstar. This is just two hungry people eating together.

Uh huh. Whatever you say.
He flashed me a smile that made my temperature rise. I shook my head and turned away from him before he could see the smile forming on my face.
- - -
My dinner with Jon was now over and he insisted on walking me up to the door even though I stuck to my earlier statement that this was most definitely not a date. I did, however, have a really good time with him. Not that I didn't think I would...I just kind of hoped I wouldn't because that way I wouldn't want to do it again. That plan was gone out the window now. You really don't have to walk me to the door. I mean...I really don't think anything is gonna happen to me on my way from the elevator to the 15th floor. He smirked and pushed me into the elevator.

What kind of gentleman would I be if I didn't walk you to your door after our very first date? He grinned down at me as I glared at him.

This was not a date. I stated matter-of-factly.

Whatever you say. He said as he watched the numbers above the elevator door with a smile. He looked so pleased with himself.

It wasn’t. I stated again for effect.

If that wasn’t a date what exactly is your definition of a date? Because in my books when I pick a girl up, take her out for dinner, pay for that dinner and then get ice cream afterwards...that’s a date.

That is SO not fair! I had that waitress give us separate bills and everything! You're just sneaky! When I went to pay for mine she said ‘oh no, Mr. Toews took care of that already’.

It’s not my problem you're a little slow.
He stated smugly and looked back up at the numbers. You're kind of hot when you're mad, you know that? He said as he glanced at me again. The elevator doors dinged open and I stormed out causing him to laugh. I got to my door and opened it.

I got home safely. You can.. before I could finish Jon grabbed a hold of my hips and pushed me up against the frame of the door. I didn't have a chance to protest because my mind went blank. My head was spinning all I could feel were sparks where his lips were on mine. He pulled back slightly.

You need to just be quiet sometimes. He stated as he gazed down at me. He pushed a piece of hair out of my face and then that smirk I've seen so many times was back on his lips. It was absolutely a date. I even got my good night kiss. I’ll call you. See yah at practice Seabs. He said as he peaked in the open door and then he left, glancing back at me once before he got in the elevator. I stepped inside and Brent’s eyes were on me. I went into the kitchen and grabbed a bottle of water under the watchful eye of my roommate.

Good night Ry? He asked doing his best to hold back a grin.

Shut up Seabrook. I said as I sat down on the other couch.

So you and Tazer, huh? This time he wasn’t trying so hard to suppress that stupid grin of his.

No! There's nothing between me and..

Oh bullshit!

I hate you sometimes, you know that?
I said as I began walking to my room with him cracking up laughing. I turned around as I reached my door. You better keep your damn mouth shut about that. I am NOT a locker room topic.

Yes you are.
I heard him mutter as I went into my room. I collapsed onto my bed with a huge smile on my face. I reached up and touched my lips, which were still burning from Jon’s kiss. I've never in my life felt anything like that before. I don't know how long I laid there thinking, but tonight was yet another night that my thoughts of Jonathan Toews kept me awake.
♠ ♠ ♠
Getting steamy! Theres more of that to come ;)

comment and i'll love you forever.