The New Girl

A Serious Mistake??

After school, (I will not bother you with unwanted details for it was a fantastically boring day) I exited the massive brick building to wait for Ash, since I am usually the faster of the two of us. For Ash was laid back and liked to take her time, she saw no reason to rush anything, and as for me… yeah I am the one that likes to get things done. However, much to my surprise, I found Ash already standing outside with Joey and some other chick that wasn’t at lunch. Not wanting to interrupt their conversation, I approached as silently as I could, though to no avail. Joey spotted me and did exactly the thing I did not want to do.

“Hey! Spud! Over here!” He called to me, motioning me over. I rolled my eyes and smiled as I approached at a faster pace.(At this point, the other chick walked away towards her own car, so i had no idea who she was, just telling you guys.) “So, Spud, Ash just agreed to join us at the pizza place a few miles away, what do you think?”

At first, I was lost for words. No one (besides Ash) ever wanted to hang out with me; in fact, I could not remember the last time I went out with any one that I could remotely call my friends (aside from Ash of course). “O-of course.” I stammered and flashed a quick smile.

“Perfect, you will be riding with me, Ash already told me that you two walked to school today.” Joey smiled. At that moment, I felt poor. But, not as poor as I felt when I saw Joeys’ car… a BMW! God damn, do you know how nice those cars are?!

“What the fuck?!” Ash gasped. “Do you have any idea who else drives this kind of car?!”

“Um, Billie Joe and Mike Dirnt?” Joey laughed.

“Yeah.” Ash nodded dumbly. I don’t know if it was the sheer beauty of the car now that she was so close to one, or the fact the Billie Joe owned one exactly like it that stunned her, but believe me, she was wide-eyed..

“Well? Are you going to get in or would you rather stand here gawking at the car?” Joey taunted, climbing into the drivers’ side of the car and starting up his black BMW. Ash was not the least bit embarrassed, but the odd thing was, I was embarrassed for her. That’s just the way I was, I got embarrassed for people, that’s just the way I was. The drive there was anything but quiet, though I don’t remember much of it for I was lost in thought… about what? You know what? I’m not really sure. But, that really is not important. After a period of about ten minutes, we pulled in front of a Pizza Hut, and we all hopped out. I was humming Dead Kennedy’s Kill The Poor under my breath. Damn I love that song. The only thing that seemed common between all of my identities was the undying love they had for punk rock. I just could not help it, I loved punk rock too much to change that aspect of myself. I mean, who ever hated punk rock was a freak, right? At least, that’s what Ash and I had convinced ourselves along time ago, when she had stolen Dookie from her Moms ex-boyfriend. We listened to it, and the moment that Billie had started singing, that was it. Punk rock was our first love. Shortly thereafter, we learned of The Sex Pistols, The Clash, The Ramones and other such great bands. Any way, we all walked into the restaurant as a group, and got seated at the back, near the window. (The people probably didn’t sit us up front because we looked like bad news, I hate it when people judge appearances.) Though, we found a way to entertain ourselves. Joey ordered two pizzas for us, one cheese and one sausage, he insisted on paying and hey, I wasn’t about to complain for I was dirt broke. (And so was Ash, though she did not like to admit it.)

“So, where did you guys move from?” Joey asked, trying to start up a conversation. I looked at Ash to try and advise her not to answer, however, she wasn’t looking.

“Houston, Texas” Ash smiled, she looked at me then and saw the look of disapproval in my eyes. However, she saw nothing wrong with this… was this a serious mistake… the one thing that could trigger the chain of events that causes us to disappear or was I being my normal, over cautious self? Only God knew, and me but i dont want to ruin it for you. (I'm so cruel)