The New Girl

To Joey's house

Ash, with her quick thinking, quickly changed the subject. “So, are you into music?”

Joey looked at her for a second to see if she was serious. “Who doesn’t?” He asked plainly. “What kind do you like?”

I answered for her”, punk all the way man.”

Joey laughed at the way I had said that, I said it with a weird accent that I got when I was excited, like a british/irish one. “Yeah, same here.”

“I love bassists, like Sid Vicious!” I chimed. I saw how those two correlated though Joey did not seem to see the link.

“She’s crazy.” Ash explained.

“Oh.” Joey mouthed. “Do you play the bass or something?” he asked me.

“Yeah, yeah, yeah!” I chanted, becoming more hyper by the second.

Then, a beautiful blonde waitress approached, though Joey was not phased one second by her beauty and this puzzled me, he was not like other guys. “Here’s your pizza.” She smiled, placing the pizzas infront of us.

“OH! PIZZA, yeah.” Ash said in her funny, weird way that sounded like half chanting half singing… it was so weird I don’t know how to put it into words. We all started digging in, though we continued our conversation through mouth-fulls of pizza.

“So, are you guys doing anything after this?” Joey asked us. Ash and I kind of looked at each other and shrugged.

“Not that we know of.” I smiled.

“Great. Listen, my dad’s got some instruments lying around, why don’t you come over and we can jam and stuff man.” Joey suggested. Ash and I smiled at each other, for we could not remember the last time that we had laid hands on an instrument.

“Fuck, sounds good to me, how about you Spud?” Ash asked.

“Hell yeah, I love playing instruments.” I smiled real big.

We finished up there pretty quickly and excitement was in the air as we climbed into Joeys BMW, Ash’s eyes lit up once again when we went out to it, as if she was surprised it was still there. We talked all the way there, mostly about random shit like what it would be like if there were more than one dimension and one dimension was made out of chocolate.

“Shit, I’d eat it all!” Ash smiled.

“Are you sure?” I asked her.

“Hell yeah, chocolate is yummy as hell!” She nodded.

“Really? I didn’t know that hell had a taste, let alone that it tasted yummy.” Joey teased.

“Shut up.” Ash said plainly. Then, we pulled up to a huge mansion and Joey got out of the car and went and punched in some numbers and the huge rot iron gate opened, and Joey got back in the car.

“You live here?!” I asked in disbelief.

“Yeah, my dad’s job pays well.” Joey answered.

“Oh no, you make hardly any money at all.” Ash said sarcastically. Joey parked out front, and we all climbed out. The garden out front was beautiful, the terraced landscape took my breath away.

“Come on Spud, you can stare at the pretty flowers inside.” Joey called. I snapped out of my trance and, quite embarrassed, followed Ash and Joey inside. They sure had a lot of family photos on the wall.

“MOM! I’M HOME, AND I BROUGHT SOME FRIENDS!” Joey called.

“Joseph, is that you?” A woman called back.

“No duh mom, who else would it be?” Joey called. Then, a woman that Ash and I knew from all the pictures stepped into the room. Ash and I looked at each other in utter disbelief.