Sequel: Where Did We Go Wrong
Status: Completed. Everyone check out the sequel "Where Did We Go Wrong"!

I've Been Waiting for You to Make Your Move

Chapter 10

“Audrey let us in!” Jasmine and I yelled through the dorm room door.

“I don’t want to!” She squealed.

“Alohomora,” I whispered. The door unlocked itself and let us in.

“Awe, you look good. Why are you nervous?” I asked.

“What if it’s too much or not enough? George might think I’m trying too hard or that I don’t care at all.” She sighed.

“Audrey you look gorgeous, George will agree. Don’t stress yourself out. Tonight will be perfect.” I reassured her.

“Jasmine and I still have to get ready.” I noted.

“Well hurry up! We’ve only got a couple hours left.” Audrey rushed us.

Jasmine and I slipped into our dresses in the privacy of our now vacant dorm room. Audrey and I pulled up our fish net tights and we all put our shoes on. Audrey and Jasmine decided on curling their normally straight hair. As I chose to straighten my naturally curly hair.

Time flew past us and soon enough it was time for the dance, “Let’s go you guys!” Jasmine pleaded.

Jasmine was practically shoving us out the door. I guess she was a bit over excited. The hallways were crowded with people rushing to the Great Hall. All the girls were dressed in gowns as the guys all dressed in tuxes. When we finally got to the Great Hall Jasmine took off in search of Cedric and Audrey in search of George; I was ditched. I never gave it much thought that there were so many students until just now when I was stranded in the middle of them all looking for a familiar face.

Then I saw Ron and Harry coming down the last set of stairs. I ran up to them, they looked a bit surprised, “I didn’t even recognize you.” Harry said.

“You look great.” Ron smiled.

“Thanks, so do you.” I giggled.

“Laugh all you want. At least you didn’t get stuck wearing these old dress robes.” Ron sighed.

“Oh please Ron, you look fine.” I assured him.

“There you are,” A familiar voice hushed.

I turned around to see Draco’s handsome smile that he didn’t often show. The look on Ron and Harry’s faces were none the less shocked. I didn’t want things to get awkward, “Ready to go in?” I asked Draco.

He held out his hand and I took it as he led me into the Great Hall. We sat down at one of the tables, “Are your other friends going to be as shocked as they were?”

“Audrey and Jasmine? No I already told them.” I responded.

“You look gorgeous by the way.”

“Thanks,” I blushed.

The dance had started and the four champions had the first dance. Cedric entered with Jasmine, Viktor shortly behind with Hermione, Fleur paired with Roger Davies and lastly Harry with Parvati.

Everyone started joining in with their partners, “Shall we?” Draco asked.

I smiled and that was a good enough answer for him. I never really thought that I’d end up with Draco like I so much desired. But I wasn’t complaining, for the most part everything felt perfect.

Everyone jumped around and had a good time at the fast songs. Once the slow songs came on everyone seemed to grab their date or go sit down. I was happy that each slow song I didn’t have to sit down like I usually would be. That’s when it clicked; I forgot about Ron. I promised him a dance.

The next slow song came on and Draco placed his hands on my hips, “Sorry Draco but I promised someone a dance. Is that okay?”

“…Sure.” He removed his hands and drifted away.

I felt bad, but a promise is a promise and there’s no way I’d break one to Ron. I found him sitting down next to Harry with Parvati and Padma, “Ron want to dance?” I smiled.

His expression was so bored but then he seemed eager to get up, “Yeah,”

We walked onto the dance floor and he placed his hands on my hips and mine fit on top of his shoulders, “I told you I’d save you a dance.”

“I was beginning to think you forgot.” He smiled.

“I wouldn’t.”

“You honestly came here with Malfoy?” He scowled.

“Yeah….”

“And he doesn’t mind you ditched him for me?”

“He doesn’t know.”

“Are you dating him?” He kept going with the questions.

“Um, yeah I am.” I looked down.

“Oh…well you’re not going to forget about us are you?” He sounded worried.

“Never. Just because I’m dating Draco doesn’t mean he can control who I’m friends with. He knows that I’m staying friends with you guys and he left it at that.”

“Good,” He let out a sigh of relief.

“Are you having a good time?” I asked, changing the subject.

“Well I wasn’t to thrilled about bringing Padma, though I felt bad not dancing with her.”

“Sorry,” I remembered how he asked me.

“Don’t worry about it, everyone loses to Malfoy.” He sighed.

I stopped, for some reason I felt offended, “I’m not a prize. It’s not losing if you’re not trying. He asked me out and to the dance. If you would have done so earlier things might be different.” Ron looked shocked and embarrassed. I stormed out of the Great Hall.

I took off to the Slytherin common room. I felt bad about firing up at Ron but he didn’t have to complain so much about Draco. I went to the dorm room because I was going to try to go to bed. I sat down in my four poster staring up, thinking. It felt like hours of being alone until none other than Pansy Parkinson, Millicent Bulstrode, and Daphne Greengrass had to come in. They defiantly weren’t who I wanted to talk to right now, hopefully they’d leave me alone.

“So it’s not enough you have Draco, but you have to lead on Weasley too?” Pansy hissed.

I really wasn’t in the mood, “Listen Pansy, we all know you’re just a jealous little bitch. Get over yourself. You don’t own Draco, therefore he can chose who he dates. And I’m not leading Ron on.” I was close to punching her if she said one more thing.

Millicent and Daphne just stared in awe, shocked that someone stood up to Pansy. I was expecting Pansy to carry on this argument but she just turned away and went to her bed. I turned over not wanting to face them.

I felt relief when they finally fell asleep. It seemed like forever until I heard Audrey and Jasmine stumble inside. They came over to my bed, “Are you awake?”

“What do you think,” I joked.

“How’d it go?” Jasmine asked.

“Peachy.” I sighed.

“Bad, eh?” Audrey asked.

“You could say so.” I sighed.

“Tonight didn’t go so well with Ron either. When we saw him he wouldn’t even talk to us, let alone Harry. I guess dances aren’t for everyone.” Jasmine said.

“Can we talk about it tomorrow?” I begged.

“Sure thing.” Audrey replied.

They went off to their beds and I could soon hear the sound of their soft snoring. Tonight was supposed to be perfect. I guess I should stop expecting so much.
♠ ♠ ♠
Whoa, it's almost been a month since I last updated.
I'm sorry everyone who still reads, forgive me? (:
What do you think?
What's up with Ron's attitude?
Anyways this is Audrey's Dress
Jasmine's Dress
Renae's Dress
Comment please :D