Sequel: Where Did We Go Wrong
Status: Completed. Everyone check out the sequel "Where Did We Go Wrong"!

I've Been Waiting for You to Make Your Move

Chapter 9

Audrey and Jasmine decided to drag me to the library to catch up on some homework. I didn’t have any work to do so I was a bit bored. I heard a whispering voice coming from a far away bookshelf; I looked towards it to see Draco motioning for me to go over there, “Guys, I’ll be right back.”

I got up and walked over to the bookshelf hiding Draco. I smiled just looking at him, “What are you doing here?”

“Well there’s something I forgot to ask you.”

“What is it?” I wondered.

“Though it should be an obvious, but would you go to the Yule Ball with me?”

“Of course,” I smiled; I thought that answer was obvious.

He pulled me into a hug, “I should leave now, your friends are coming.” He let go and dashed for the library exit.

I quickly grabbed a book off the shelf pretending to be skimming through it, “What are you doing?” Jasmine asked.

“I wanted to look at this book.” I lied.

Audrey looked at the cover of the book and laughed, “Didn’t know you were interested in Prefects Who Gained Power, how come you didn’t tell us you wanted to be a prefect?”

I laughed a bit myself, “I was bored and picked up a random book, and I would appreciate a little more support from you guys.” I joked.

I could tell they were suspicious but they didn’t bring it up, which I was thankful for. We picked up our bags and headed back to common room. My least favorite person Pansy came scowling down from the dorm room, “You three have got packages on your beds.”

We looked at each other surprised then ran up to the dorm room. Sure enough there was a large package on each of our beds. We opened them to find dresses with different accessories, my card was from my mom saying Dumbledore informed her about the Yule Ball so she told Jasmine’s and Audrey’s parents as well.

Audrey’s dress was a lime green halter top and she got black platform pumps, wire hoop earrings, and fishnet tights. Jasmine got a dark blue strapless dress with a bow headband, black pumps. I got a purple cami dress, with fishnet tights, black pumps, and some jewelry.

“I think it’s about time we start thinking about dates.” Jasmine smiled.

“Who do you want to go with?” I asked her.

Her cheeks blushed the cherry red color that they always did when she was thinking of Harry, “Well I’d like to go with Harry, but I know he won’t ask so hopefully someone will. I’d rather not go with Crabbe” She joked.

“What about you Audrey?” I smiled

“I’m not sure,” she blushed.

“We both know you want George to ask you, no sense in denying your feelings.” Jasmine teased.

“Well fine, what about you Renae?”

I couldn’t tell them who I wanted to go with already asked me, “Draco obviously,” I stuck my tongue out.

“He’s been hanging around you a lot, he’ll probably ask you.” Jasmine noted.

“Maybe,” I shrugged.

We headed to the Great Hall for dinner. Audrey and Jasmine were walking a bit faster than me so I was a little bit behind them. I felt a hand grasp my arm and pull me away from everyone.

“What the hell?” I was kind of freaked out.

“Sorry Renae, I need to talk to you.” It was Harry.

“About what?” I questioned.

“The Yule Ball,” He answered.

He wasn’t going to ask me, was he? “What about it?”

“I want to ask Jasmine, do you think she’ll say yes?” He blushed.

“As if that wasn’t obvious. She wouldn’t be herself if she said no. When are you going to ask her?” I smiled, excited for Jasmine.

“After dinner, Ron’s looking for you. He’ll probably talk to you after dinner too.”

“Okay, well I’m going in now, talk to you later.”

I got to the Slytherin table, smiled at Draco then sat with Audrey and Jasmine towards the end of the table, “You guys won’t believe what just happened!”

“You won’t either!” Jasmine had that cherry red blush painted on her cheeks.

“You go first,” I said, eager to receive her news.

“Cedric just asked me to the Yule Ball, and I said yes.” She couldn’t stop smiling.

“Uh…wow that kind of ruins my news….” I didn’t know how she’d take this.

“What? How?” Jasmine questioned.

“Well…you’ve already got a date so it doesn’t matter.”

“Tell me,” Jasmine pouted.

“Okay, but you won’t like it….Harry just told me he was going to ask you after dinner….”

I saw the happiness drown out of her face, “Are you serious….Why couldn’t he have asked sooner?! It’s not like Cedric is a drag, so I’m fine with him…..” She looked rather disappointed.

“I’m sorry…I’ll just tell him right after dinner before he has to get embarrassed. Any luck with you Audrey?” I tried changing the subject.

“Not yet,” She sighed.

Dinner was quieter than usual. But Audrey and Jasmine were kind of down so I didn’t want to ruin it or force them to talk. I walked ahead of them to try to find Harry before he found Jasmine. I saw him standing with Ron next to the doors to the Great Hall. I rushed over to them before he caught sight of Jasmine, “Hey guys,”

“Hi,” They both said.

“Harry, know what we talked about earlier?”

“Yeah, what about it?”

“I don’t think you should ask her.” I sighed.

“Why not?” He questioned.

“Um well she’s already got a date, I just found out.”

“Oh….” He sighed.

“I’m sorry Harry,” He sulked away back to common room, but Ron was still there smiling at me, “Harry told me you needed to talk to me?”

“Yeah,” He smiled.

“About?”

“Well I was wondering if you’d go to the Yule Ball with me.” He blushed.

I felt my heart sink to the pit of my stomach, I never would have thought he’d ask me and I don’t want to let him down, “Well…Um….”

He’s cheerful expression wore off, “Someone already asked you didn’t they?”

“Yeah, I’m sorry Ron.”

“…It’s okay.” He sighed.

“I’ll save a dance for you, if you want.”

He smiled a bit, “Alright.”

I headed to common room for the night and found Jasmine there without Audrey, “Where’s Audrey?”

“George needed to talk to her, I think we can assume about what.” She laughed.

“Go Audrey! He better ask her.” I joked.

Audrey came in common room smiling as wide as possible, “He asked you didn’t he?” Jasmine asked.

“Yes!” She couldn’t stop smiling.

“I knew he’d ask you. Now we’ve all got dates.” I couldn’t believe I just let that slip out.

They both turned to me, “Who are you going with?”

I had to tell them, they’d find out at the dance anyways, “Um…Draco.”

“He asked you! That’s great, when?” Jasmine asked.

“Earlier in the library.” I smiled.

“You sneak, I knew you weren’t interested in becoming a prefect.” Audrey laughed.
♠ ♠ ♠
Really sorry for making everyone wait.
Next chapter is the Yule Ball (:
Comment Please =)