Sequel: Where Did We Go Wrong
Status: Completed. Everyone check out the sequel "Where Did We Go Wrong"!

I've Been Waiting for You to Make Your Move

Chapter 11

I woke up to hearing Audrey and Jasmine rambling on about who knows what. I felt like just pretending to still be sleeping because I didn’t want to talk about last night. Being Sunday, our last day until classes, I didn’t want to waste it being sad. I figured it be easier to just get over with it now.

I sat up, looked over at Audrey and Jasmine, “Morning.”

“About time you’re up. I swear you’d sleep all day if we didn’t wake you up.” Jasmine teased.

I looked around the room; no one was in the dorm except us three, “Let’s just get it over with now.” I sighed.

“Get what over with?” Audrey questioned.

“You know, what happened last night.”

“Oh yeah, well what did happen?” Jasmine asked.

I took a deep breath and exhaled, “Well everything was going good, I was having a great time. Then during a slow song I remembered I promised Ron a dance. I went over to get him and when we started dancing we just talked. He kept asking me all these questions; he was worried that Draco would make me ditch all my friends. I reassured him that wasn’t going to happen and Draco knew that. Then he brought up the fact that he asked me to the Yule Ball and how I already had a date then he went on about how everyone loses to Draco,”

Audrey and Jasmine looked surprised, “You didn’t tell us Ron asked you to go with him.”

“Well I didn’t really think it was important. I felt bad that I couldn’t go with him because he looked upset about it, but anyways I kind of fired up at him….I told him I wasn’t some prize to win. That if he had of asked me sooner maybe I wouldn’t have gone with Draco. I just got really annoyed with him he puts Draco down all the time and he didn’t even try.”

“I think you still would have let him down, I mean even if he had of asked earlier you would have still wanted to go with Draco more. Even if you did say yes to Ron, Draco would ask you later and you wouldn’t have wanted to say no to the Prince.” Jasmine said.

I sighed; she was right in some parts. I wouldn’t have wanted to say no Draco. Maybe I would have said no to Ron anyways if he asked earlier because I was dating Draco, “There’s more to it then just that.”

“Please inform us,” Audrey asked.

“I’m dating Draco….”

“Oh my god Renae, that’s great! I knew he’d ask you out.” Jasmine smiled.

“But the thing is…I’ve been dating Draco ever since that day we all went to Hogsmeade.”

“…Why didn’t you tell us?” Jasmine looked hurt.

“I’m telling you now, that’s got to count for something….I guess I just didn’t want to be judged and I didn’t know how you guys would react. I gave you guys loads of hints but you never asked.” I looked away.

“We would have been happy you finally got the guy you’ve been obsessed with since second year. Maybe we didn’t ask you because we didn’t think anything of it since you didn’t bring it up. We thought if something like this happened you’d tell us.” Audrey seemed kind of ticked off.

“Look, I’m sorry. I really am. I wanted to tell you both sooner but I was just worried about what you’d think. I should have known you’d be happy for me, any friends would be. Next time anything happens I’ll tell you both right off. I’m a moron, forgive me?” I did a pouty face.

Jasmine looked at Audrey, “It’s Christmas and we’re best friends. Let’s just forget about it okay?”

I completely forgot it was Christmas, it was the farthest thing from my mind, “Yeah, alright.” Audrey smiled a little.

We all exchanged gifts with each other before going downstairs. I got Audrey and Jasmine new hoodies with their favorite colors. Jasmine and Audrey put their money together and got the three of us Charm braclets. We gave each other hugs and “thank yous”.

“Oh that reminds me, Jasmine and I took a walk this morning and ran into Ron. He asked us to give this to you.” Audrey said, getting up and retreving a package from under her fourposter.

She handed me the package, it was rapped in brown paper with a ribbion around it of my favorite color, purple. I looked up at Audrey and Jasmine who seemed to want me to open it. I carefully started tearing the seams open to find one of Mrs. Weasley’s famous knitted sweaters. The sweater was a dark shade of purple with a giant “R” on the front of it. I smiled and hugged the sweater, it made me feel like I was home.

I slipped the sweater on and a letter fell out onto the floor from the wrappings. I picked it up an opened it,

Dear Renae,

My mum insisted on making you a sweater this year. I hope you like the color, don’t worry about not wearing it. I’m just forced into wearing it from my mum. Anyways I wanted to apologize about last night. I shouldn’t have put Draco down, I know you like him. I wish I had of spoken up earlier to ask you, but I’m glad I was lucky enough to steal a dance from you.

I’m sorry,
Ron


I couldn’t possibly stay mad at him. I should be the one saying sorry to him; I was the one that lost my temper, “What did it say?” Jasmine wondered.

“He apologized about getting jealous last night and about putting Draco down. I feel like a bitch, I was the one who overreacted. Let’s go see them and give them our presents.”

“Don’t you want to open your gift from your mom? There’s one from Dumbledore too.” Audrey said.

I opened the gifts from my mom, she always was big on buying me clothes, not that I was complaining because she actually bought things I’d wear. This year she stuck to buying me a winter jacket and some good books I’ve been wanting to read. I would write my mother a thank you letter later.

Then I opened my grandfather’s gift. He had always been unique with his gifts. I opened the package to revile two mirrors. I looked at the note attached reading: Two-Way Mirrors; chose wisely who gets the second mirror. Merry Christmas Renae.

I put my gifts away and headed downstairs wearing my Weasley sweater with Audrey and Jasmine. Pansy , Millicent, and Daphne were sitting on the couches. Pansy wouldn’t even look at me, but I wasn’t complaining. I’m glad she got the hint I wasn’t going to be someone who would put up with her bullshit.

We strode off in search of Harry and Ron. I spotted them outside the Great Hall laughing at something. Ron was wearing his traditional maroon Christmas sweater. “Harry! Ron!” Audrey shouted out.

They snapped their heads our way, smiles on their faces. Ron looked a little upset so I decided to talk to him, “Hey Ron, want to take a walk?”

“Sure,” he seemed a little happier I was talking to him.

“I should be the one appologizing to you. I’m sorry, I was being a complete and total bitch. I just overreacted a bit.” I sighed.

“I shouldn’t have said those things about Draco. I guess I’m just jealous.” His cheeks flushed with embarrasment.

“Jealous of what?” I kind of had an idea.

“Well you’re a great girl, and I just don’t want him to take up all your time.” He said quietly.

“I’ll still have plenty of time for you Ron.” I smiled.

“I’m glad you’re wearing the sweater.” He smiled back.

“It wouldn’t be Christmas without it, by the way Merry Christmas Ron.” I hugged him.

Audrey, Jasmine, and I gave our gifts to Harry and Ron. We all got Harry a broom kit that had everything in it to keep his broom at it’s best. Then we got Ron sweets from Honeydukes because we knew how much he loved them.

Audrey left us to go give her gifts to George and Fred. Jasmine went to go find Cedric and I went off to find Draco. It was weird how things worked out, Audrey finally got George, I finally got Draco, and well Jasmine didn’t get Harry she still got Cedric who she seemed to like quite a lot.

I went into the Great Hall to see if I could find Draco. I walked over to the Slytherin table and I only saw Crabbe and Goyle. I decided asking them wouldn’t hurt. I sat down across from them, “Hey guys.”

“Hi,” they both said.

“Do you know where Draco is?” I questioned.

“He went looking for you about thirty minutes ago.” Goyle responded.

“Did you check common room?” Crabbe asked.

“No, I’ll go check now. Thanks.”

I rushed to the Slytherin common room with Draco’s gift in hand. I was eager to see him and in a rather good mood. I slowly opened the door to the common room because I wasn’t sure who might be inside. When the door was completely open I wished I never came down here. Pansy’s arms were rapped around Draco’s neck and she was moving closer and closer to his face. Her lips were inches away from his lips. I felt like my heart was torn down the middle and I just wanted to cry my eyes out. I thought he was decent, not like everyone said he was. I wasted all this time liking a scum bag. I couldn’t find the words to say, I felt like I would choke if I tried to speak. I hit the door and it made a loud creeking noise that told them someone else was in the room.

Draco’s eyes looked filled with concern, but it was just an act as far as I’m concered. Pansy on the other hand couldn’t have looked more pleased with the situation. I turned around when Draco spoke, “Renae wait!” But I was already gone.

I couldn’t hold back the waterworks that were trying to come out. I didn’t know where to go, I wasn’t going to my dorm room. No way was I going back there. I wasn’t going to the library because if he even cared he’d look for me there. I wanted to go somewhere I wouldn’t be found.

I ran all the way to Dumbledore’s room. I was given the password each year incase I ever needed to talk to him. I knew he wouldn’t ask me about what happened and he’d just give me a hug and make me feel somewhat better.

When I got there I walked in and he was sitting at his desk. He looked shocked to see me like this, I did have a flood of tears pouring down my face, “Renae come here.”

I ran up to him and hugged him so tightly. I wanted everything to be okay but obviously that wasn’t going to happen. This was one of the top ten worst feelings in the world as far as I was concered.

I stayed in Dumbledore’s room for the remainder of the day. I didn’t talk, I couldn’t. I wasn’t going back to common room tonight, I was sleeping on an extra bed Dumbledore brought in.

I had never changed my emotions so quickly. I was happy one minute then the moment I walked in on, that, everything came crashing down. What a happy Christmas this has turned out to be.
♠ ♠ ♠
More soon :)
I've lost readers so I don't know why I bothered posting a new chapter.
Oh well, I'll keep the story going though :D
But I do thinks things are stirring up, who knows if it's for the better.

Comment please