Sequel: Where Did We Go Wrong
Status: Completed. Everyone check out the sequel "Where Did We Go Wrong"!

I've Been Waiting for You to Make Your Move

Chapter 3

Within the past couple of days students were placing their names in the Goblet of Fire. I was hanging out with Audrey, Jasmine, Ron, and Harry in the Great Hall along with other illegible students to see who was trying to represent their house. Hermione sat there with us, but like usual she was glued to a book, ignoring the rest of the world. Ron talked about wishing he was old enough to enter, while Harry didn't want to at all.

"George and Fred should be coming soon," Audrey whispered.

"Is that a question or a statement?" Jasmine teased.

Audrey hit Jasmine jokingly, "They told me they were going to find a way to get their names entered."

Just then none other than Fred and George showed up, running into the Great Hall, "Yeah!" They yelled, as everyone clapped assuming what they were about to do, "We've conjured up the perfect aging potion," Fred bragged.

"It's not going to work." Hermione stated, not looking away from her book.

"And how do you know?" George asked.

"You see this," She shut her book, pointing to a blue line around the Goblet of Fire, "That's an age line, Dumbledore made it himself, a simple aging potion won't work."

"It's so amature, that's precisely why it'll work." Fred snickered, "bottoms up," he smiled, locking arms with George. Each holding a bottle of the potion. They both drank it, jumping into the age line.

Nothing happened, they actually made it work. Everyone clapped encouragingly for them. They placed their names into the cup, and for a moment the Great Hall went silent.

Then Fred and George were thrown out of the circle. When they both stood up each of them were sporting gray hair and beards. The Great Hall erupted with laughter.

Hermione looked pleased with herself for yet again, being right. The twins began arguing and fighting on the floor.

"Looks like he's too old for you now Audrey." I teased.

She laughed a bit, turning pink in the face.

"I'm going back to common room," I told Audrey and Jasmine.

"Do you want us to go with you?" Jasmine asked.

"No, it's fine. I'm just a bit tired, you guys have fun." I smiled and headed for Slytherin's common room.

As I left the Great Hall, the castle looked pretty empty. I made my way to Slytherin common room in a bit of a hurry, being alone in this huge castle kind of scared me.

As I opened the door to common room I sighed happily thinking I was alone. I stepped inside to go sit on the couch. That's when I saw him, the "Slytherin Prince" himself. I froze for a minute until I snapped back to reality and headed for the girls dorm.

"Renae?" a soft voice questioned.

I stopped dead in my tracks, was he talking to me? Well obviously because no one else was in here, but it was just shocking, "Yeah?" I turned around, noticing he was standing up staring at me.

"Come sit with me?" He asked.

My heart felt like it was going to pop out of my chest, "Okay,".

I nervously walked over and sat down next to him, we both sat their quietly for a couple minutes, "You're friends with Potter aren't you?" he asked, saying Potter as if annoyed.

"Yeah...why?" I wondered.

He looked at me with his almost grayish eyes, "You're not dating him or his friends are you?" he seemed eager.

Why would Draco Malfoy care if I was or not? "No...I'm not dating anyone."

He didn't respond for a couple minutes, "Well you shouldn't stoop so low,"

I didn't consider any of my friends low. Anyone would be lucky to date them, but I had a feeling that wasn't the real reason he asked, "...Now what's the real reason?"

"What, that was the real reason...okay so maybe-" he stopped talking.

I didn't know why until I followed his gaze over to the door. Audrey and Jasmine were standing there wearing shocked expressions.

Draco's pale face turned slightly pink. He stood up and walked into the boys dorm without a single word and he wouldn't even look at me.

"You guys have the perfect timing, you know." I sighed.

Still wearing shocked expressions they book took a seat on each side of me, placing me in the middle.

"What was that all about?" Jasmine questioned.

"I'm not entirely sure," I confessed.

"You ditched us for him?" Audrey sounded disgusted and hurt.

"You both know I wouldn't ditch either of you! I told you the truth, I came back here because I was tired. I didn't expect to run into him." I said honestly.

"Well this is the Slytherin common room, and he is a Slytherin." Jasmine said, not sounding convinced.

"I know that, but I didn't know he'd be here right now. And I sure as hell didn't expect him to ask me to sit with him."

Audrey and Jasmine both looked at each other, "What exactly happened?" They wondered.

"Nothing really, I came in here and realized he was on the couch. So I went to go into the girls dorm when he asked me to go sit with him. Then when I did there was this awkward silence until he asked me if I was dating Harry-" Jasmine cut me off.

"Why did he think you were dating Harry?" Asked Jasmine suspiciously.

"He asked if I was dating any of the other guys we hang out with too." I reassured her.

"Why did he want to know if you were taken?" Audrey raised her eyebrow.

"...He told me he didn't think I should stoop so low. Then I asked him what the real reason was and I think he was about to tell me when you guys came in."

"I'm sorry we wanted to check up on you." Jasmine said folding her arms jokingly.

"Maybe he fancies you." Audrey teased.

"I doubt that, he probably doesn't want a Slytherin dating a Gryffindor." I assumed.

"That's unlikely, he doesn't seem to mind other Slytherins dating outside our house, only you." Audrey stated.

"This subject isn't going anywhere, so lets just drop it. Draco Malfoy would never like me."

"Whatever you say," Jasmine grinned.

"Can we just go to bed?" I asked.

"Sure," Audrey and Jasmine agreed.

I couldn't seem to fall asleep. I kept thinking about him, Draco Malfoy. I desperately wanted to know why he asked if I was single. Did he actually like me? Or was it purely him being curious? But why would he ever like me?
♠ ♠ ♠
Comment please (: