Sequel: Where Did We Go Wrong
Status: Completed. Everyone check out the sequel "Where Did We Go Wrong"!

I've Been Waiting for You to Make Your Move

Chapter 6

“Maybe we shouldn’t ask him about it…looks like he’d enjoy someone talking to him about something else besides the Goblet of Fire for a change.” I noticed how popular Harry had become over the matter; not the good kind either.

“Yeah…let’s just go talk to him about something else.” Jasmine agreed.

Audrey, Jasmine, and I walked over to Harry who was sitting alone, “Hi Harry,” we said quietly.

“Hey,” he sighed, “don’t tell me you’re all going to ask me how I got my name in the goblet too.”

“We know you didn’t do it.” I responded.

“It’s about time I get people who believe me.”

“We’re worried about you,” Jasmine whispered.

“They’re making me do it. I have to compete.” Harry informed us.

“That’s rubbish, you shouldn’t have to.” Audrey argued.

“Believe me I wish I didn’t have to….Is Ron stilled upset?”

Audrey and Jasmine looked at me; assuming I had the answer, “I dunno, haven’t talked to him since Thursday. Why’s he upset with you?” I wondered.

“Because he wanted to be on of the champions and I didn’t tell him I entered. Which I didn’t, but he won’t believe me.” Harry sighed.

“He’ll come around, he’s just stubborn.” I shrugged.

“So I’ve realized.” Harry snapped.

“…We’ll catch up with you later.” Harry sounded like he wanted to be left alone, so I didn’t want to bother him.

“Okay,” Harry sighed.

We left Harry alone in the library just as we found him. Audrey, Jasmine, and I went outside to go sit by the Black Lake. No one was around where we were, “I feel so bad for Harry.” Jasmine sighed.

“He must hate the questions and rude remarks everyone’s been giving him.” Audrey replied.

“I would too; everyone’s calling him a cheat when he wasn’t even the one who entered his name.” Jasmine said.

“Let’s talk on a happier note.” Audrey suggested.

“Like what?” I asked.

“Well is Draco giving you anymore vibes?” She asked, she wasn’t informed about how he’d been ignoring me and giving me dirty looks. She thought he was hitting on me some more.

“Only if you mean hating vibes.” I sighed.

“What’d you mean?”

“He’s been ignoring me and giving me cruel looks lately.”

“That does sound like him, but not towards you. What did you do to piss him off?” Audrey asked.

“I haven’t done anything to him. He’s been acting like this every since that night in the library.”

“Looks like he’s a sore loser.” Audrey shrugged.

“…How?” I asked.

“Well he’s clearly jealous of Ron and hates how you’re closer to him. Therefore he thinks Ron’s winning you over, and he doesn’t like that.” Audrey smirked, sounding pleased with herself.

“You and your theories,” I sighed.

“We need an inside source…to prove this theory right.” Audrey said.

“We could always ask Crabbe and Goyle.” Jasmine suggested.

“I’d rather have polyjuice potion but I don’t want to wait that long so I suppose talking to them will have to do.” I sighed.

“Than we’ll have to do everything we can to get them to spill what’s causing Draco’s behavior.” Audrey thought.

“But how?” I wondered.

“Well it’s not so hard to get them to talk. Plus if worse comes to worse we’ll use Jasmine as bait. Crabbe does have a soft spot for you. Not saying that’ll have to happen but it’s possible.” Audrey laughed.

“I don’t wanna be bait.” Jasmine pouted.

“Well you don’t have to do anything. Just bribe or flirt with him if necessary.” Audrey stilled laughed.

“Easy for you to say,” Jasmine didn’t sound pleased with the plan at all.

“Should we do it now?” I asked.

“Yes we shall,” Audrey smiled.

The first place we looked for them was the Slytherin common room, to our luck there they were; Crabbe and Goyle sitting on the couch, and to our benefit without Draco.

Audrey shot me a smile while Jasmine sighed, we went over and sat on the couch across from them, “Where’s Draco?” I asked.

“…He went off with Pansy, told us to stay here.” Goyle shrugged.

For a second I got a weird feeling in my gut almost like jealousy, “So can you two answer something for us?” I asked.

They looked at each other confused, “Depends,”

“What’s with Draco’s behavior lately?” Audrey questioned.

“What’d you mean?” Crabbe asked.

“Why’s he being an ass to Renae?” Audrey said straight out.

“Didn’t know he was.” Goyle replied.

“I think you do,” Audrey stared them down.

“Suppose we did, why would we tell you?” Crabbe beamed his eyes at us.

Audrey and I shot a look at Jasmine, “Please?” Jasmine said innocently.

“I’m not about to sell Draco out for nothing.” He replied.

“It’s just between us really; no one else has to know. We’re simply curious.” Jasmine said sweetly.

Crabbe and Goyle glanced at each other, “Well I guess it couldn’t hurt-”

Crabbe was cut off by the door swinging open, with Draco standing in the doorway looking annoyed, “Shouldn’t you be off with that cheat and Weasel?” Draco snapped at me.

I couldn’t take it anymore I wanted to know what I did to piss him off, “He didn’t put his name in the goblet; and I don’t know what’s up you’re ass. You were fine a couple days ago, then after seeing you in the library you’ve been an awful git.” I sighed.

“I would have thought it’d be obvious to you. I don’t see why you care anyways; you’re always with other people. Why does it matter if I talk to you or not?” He snapped.

Was Draco jealous? It felt awkward having this conversation with other people in the room, “…I thought we were friends then you just started being an ass to me. But that’s normal for you; I guess I was dumb to think I was the exception of people you didn’t pick on.”

For a moment I could swear I saw hurt in his eyes but he stormed off into the boys dorm, Crabbe and Goyle followed him.

“That was awkward…” Jasmine stated.

“A bit,” I replied.

“Figures he has to walk in just before we get told the truth.” Audrey sighed, disappointingly.

“Maybe you should just talk to Draco by yourself next time.” Jasmine suggested.

“It’s highly unlikely he’ll talk to me now.” I sighed.

“Who knows,” Audrey shrugged.

“Let’s go find Ron,” I sighed.

Audrey and Jasmine silently agreed. We walked around the castle until we found Ron, “Hey,” he smiled.

“Hi….” I sighed.

“What’s wrong?” He asked.

“Oh nothing, are you mad at Harry?” I asked.

Ron’s expression changed from concerned to annoyed, “You could say that. I’m actually over it, but I’m not telling him that.”

“You’re best friends; he didn’t put his name in the goblet. You need to talk to him, all this is stressful on him and you and him fighting isn’t helping.”

“…You’re right,” Ron sighed, “Let’s go down to the lake.”

“…Why?” I questioned.

“Harry’s there with Neville.” Ron answered.

We headed to the lake and found Harry and Neville. Ron didn’t want to go talk to Harry just yet, “Will you tell Harry that Seamus told me that Dean was told by Parvati that Hagrid’s looking for him?”

“Sure,” I sighed. I walked over to Harry and Neville while Audrey and Jasmine stood back with Ron, “Hi Harry, hi Neville.”

“Hi,” Harry sighed, noticing Ron still wasn’t going to talk to him.

“H-hi,” Neville stuttered.

“Ron wanted me to tell you that Seamus told him that Dean was told by Parvati that Hagrid’s looking for you.”

“What?” Harry asked.

“Hagrid’s looking for you,” I repeated.

“I’m assuming Ron is having you tell me this?”

“Yeah,” I sighed.

“Well tell Ron-”

I cut him off, “Do it yourself, might do you some good.” I was kind of tired with Harry’s attitude.

I walked back over to Audrey, Jasmine, and Ron. We all went to the other side of the lake to relax before tomorrow, which was when the first tasks would take place.

George came over to us, “Hi Audrey…Renae, Jasmine, and Ronald.” He joked with calling Ron that.

We all had smirks on our faces because we noticed how George had said Audrey’s name first, “Where’s Fred?” I asked.

“He’s off with Lee and I didn’t feel like tagging along.” He answered.

We all spent the rest of the time before after hours hanging out together. Audrey was with George most of the time so Jasmine and I talked with Ron. No one brought up anything to do with the first task because Ron still seemed off easy with it.
♠ ♠ ♠
Comment Please. (:

Sorry it took a bit longer to update, school gets in the way D: