Sequel: Where Did We Go Wrong
Status: Completed. Everyone check out the sequel "Where Did We Go Wrong"!

I've Been Waiting for You to Make Your Move

Chapter 7

“Grandpa please, take Harry out of the competition. He’s not old enough and doesn’t even want to do it.” I begged him.

“I would have done so already if possible. We have to go with it and see what happens.” Dumbledore sighed.

“But he could die!” I cried out.

“So could the other champions, I have no choice. The Ministry has decided….I believe there is but an hour before the first task, you should go be there for Harry.”

I sighed, but did as I was told and left Dumbledore’s office. I couldn’t believe Harry was going to have to go through with it. Harry told us the first task involved dragons, we all hoped he’d survive.

I headed to the Slytherin common room to meet up with Audrey and Jasmine. When I got there I saw Audrey sitting on the couch, but no Jasmine, “Where’s Jasmine?”

“She went to go find Harry, wanted to wish him luck.” She smirked.

“Sounds like her,” I smiled.

“What’d Dumbledore say?” Audrey asked, curiously.

I sighed, “He said there’s nothing he can do. Harry has no choice but to compete.”

“That sucks, hopefully he’ll do alright with the dragons.”

“I’m sure he will, we should go get seats before it gets too crowded.” I suggested.

“Alright,” She agreed.

When we got to the stands it was already packed, but we still managed to get pretty good seats. We had to sit by houses so Draco was awkwardly close.

“Where in the bloody hell is Jasmine.” Audrey shouted, so I could hear her over everyone else.

“There she is,” I pointed at her, as she inched by people to get to us.

“What took you so long?” Audrey asked her.

“Uh…well I did go see Harry but when I was in the champion tent I kind of ran into someone else.” Jasmine blushed.

“And, would this person happen to be a Hufflepuff?” I teased her.

“Maybe,” She giggled.

“Jasmine’s got the hots for Cedric!” Audrey singed.

“Shh!” Jasmine shouted at her.

“Well…what happened?” I asked.

“Well, I was talking to Harry then Cedric came over to say hi. So Harry walked off and I wished Cedric good luck with the dragon…then he said he’d be looking forward to seeing more of me soon. Then they had to start so Dumbledore shooed me out.”

Audrey and I looked at each other with smirks, “Correction, Cedric’s got the hots for you.” We teased.

We heard a shot of the canon that indicated the first task had begun. Cedric was up first against The Swedish Short-Snout dragon. Everyone watched as he transfigured a boulder into a Labrador. The dragon then focused her attention to the dog long enough for Cedric to steal the egg, he got slightly burned doing so.

Everyone cheered as he held up the golden egg. Next out was Fleur; her dragon was the Welsh Green. She tried to charm the dragon into a trance. It didn’t completely work out so she was hit with fire, but just enough to set her clothes alight. Everyone clapped for her as well while she left the ring.

Viktor came out next which meant Harry was going to be last. His dragon was the Chinese Fireball. Which he used a Conjunctivitis Curse that’s supposed to affect the targets vision. But instead the dragon went into a seizer that made her damage her other eggs, making him lose points. When he was done people clapped for him as well.

Lastly Harry came out and Audrey, Jasmine, and I roared encouragingly. He was against the Hungarian Horntail which was the most dangerous of the four dragons. He used his wand to perform a Summoning Charm to call his Firebolt to him. He flew around the dragon, causing her to chase after him. The dragon broke the chain that was keeping her from escaping and flew after Harry. Everyone was screaming as the dragon chased Harry out of sight. When he came back he was a bit bloody and cut up, he dove down and retrieved the golden egg.

Everyone cheered for him, glad he survived. The first task was over and everyone lived, that’s what I was thankful for. Jasmine didn’t look as frightened now that it was done. We were all sent back to our common rooms for the night.

We were informed that the champions had two months to figure out their clue, hidden inside the golden eggs before the second task. For the most part everyone expected things to return to normal.

Audrey, Jasmine, and I sat in the girl’s dorm because we wanted to get away from everyone else. Out of the three of us Jasmine had been the one who worried most, “I’m glad that there’s a long enough break until the second task.” She sighed.

“They’ll be alright. Just don’t worry yourself too much.” Audrey tried to comfort her.

We went to bed shortly after we stopped talking. Tomorrow was the weekend and we all planned to go to Hogsmeade for the evening.

“Jasmine wake up,” I shoved at her sleeping body.

“I swear she’ll sleep through anything.” Audrey laughed.

“Jasmine!” I shouted loudly in her ear.

No one else was in the dorm because they were already at breakfast. Jasmine freaked out and fell off her bed, “What?! What’s going on?!”

Audrey and I cracked up laughing, “You’re making us late for breakfast with your dreams about Cedric.”

“Shit, and I was not.” She said defensively.

Audrey and I wanted in the common room for Jasmine to get dressed. When she was ready we headed towards the Great Hall for whatever remained of breakfast.

We went outside Hogwarts to head to Hogsmeade. Where we found Ron, Harry, Hermione, Fred and George, “’Bout time you guys woke up.” Fred joked.

“We would have been ready on time is someone would of woken up earlier.” I teased Jasmine.

All of us headed to Hogsmeade together. When we got there Fred and George dragged Audrey off for obvious reasons. The remaining five of us strode off for Honeydukes Sweetshop, “Hey guys, I’m going to go take a look at something. I’ll meet you in Honeydukes.” I said.

Jasmine shot me a look telling me not to leave her, but I shooed her off to go with the others. The place I wanted to visit secretly was Madam Puddifoot’s because I always pictured myself there one day with someone I liked. I avoided telling anyone because I had no intentions of wanting to get teased.

I stood outside the building, watching couples go in together and sit outside at the tables, “Renae?” a voice asked.

I was scared to death, I didn’t want anyone I knew seeing me here. I turned around to see Draco, staring at me, “W-what? Going to treat me like shit again?”

“No,” His face was calm and his voice soft.

“Then what?” I asked.

“Can we talk?” He asked.

“Sure,” I shrugged.

I watch him walk over to one of the outside tables in front of Madam Puddifoot’s and he motioned for me to sit with him. I went and sat down next to him, I tried to stay calm, “What do you want to talk to me about?”

“…I’m sorry.” He tried making eye contact with me.

“For what?” I had a feeling it was for his attitude, but never would I have picture him apologizing about it.

“For being an ass to you. I think it’s about time you know why.” His voice was a bit shaken with nervousness.

I just sat there in complete shock, I was finally going to get the answers I wanted, “W-what’s your explanation?”

“I like you…a lot.”

My heart beat increased; I thought it’d pop right out of my chest. I couldn’t believe what I was hearing, “Really?”

“That’s why I’ve been acting like this…I’ve never liked someone so much. When I got jealous of Ron hugging you, I didn’t know how to react….”

“They were right,” I whispered, thinking about how everyone told me so.

“What?” Draco asked.

“Oh, nothing. But you really like me?” I still couldn’t process it.

“Yes, is it so hard to believe?”

“Well, kind of,”

“It’s true though,” I met his eyes and they were filled with a hope I haven’t seen him have before.

“…What about Pansy?” I knew she’d be repulsed by this.

“Who cares about stupid Pansy, I don’t even like her.” His voice was firm, I knew he meant it.

I smiled; I couldn’t let him say that to me for nothing. I knew how hard it was for him to show his feelings, “I like you too,” I could feel my face burn up.

“Don’t say that, I know you don’t mean it.” He sighed.

“Yes I do! I’ve liked you ever since second year. I loved how I was one of the few you never teased. You make my heart melt every time we talk….” I couldn’t believe I just let that slip out, though he had a right to know.

I stood up and went to walk away because I didn’t know what else to do, I was so embarrassed. I felt his hand wrap around my wrist, “You can’t just walk away after that.”

I turned around, our eyes met for a moment. He leaned closer to me, I thought for sure I was about to suffer from a panic attack. Then his lips touched mine, this made the butterflies in my stomach go crazy.

When our lips parted I thought the smile I was wearing would turn permanent. He smiled down at me, “Correct me if I’m wrong, but this makes us a couple now, right?”

Sure it wasn’t the way I expected to be asked out but I didn’t care, “I-if you want to.”

“Yeah…I do.” He whispered.

“Me too,”
♠ ♠ ♠
Things are getting more interesting, if I do say so (:
I apologize if thats not what really happened during the first task, I got it off a website.
Also im not sure if it really is 2 months until the 2nd task.
Comment please :D