Sequel: Where Did We Go Wrong
Status: Completed. Everyone check out the sequel "Where Did We Go Wrong"!

I've Been Waiting for You to Make Your Move

Chapter 8

I managed to go the whole weekend without telling anyone exactly what happened when I went off on my own at Hogsmeade. I felt bad keeping this from Audrey and Jasmine, but I wasn’t ready to tell them just yet. Surprisingly they didn’t ask about it either.

“I’m not looking forward to going to Moody’s class today.” Jasmine sighed.

“I don’t think anyone is.” Audrey noted.

“He gives me the creeps,” Jasmine shivered.

“What’s up Renae? You’re being all quite.” Audrey observed.

“Um…well nothing, just thinking about things.” I lied, well not completely.

“Mark my words Renae Barker, we will find out what’s bothering you.” She laughed.

We headed to Defense Against The Dark Arts not very excited. Usually Audrey, Jasmine, and I would find seats near each other, but that’s when I saw him. Draco was staring at me hinting for me to go sit next to him. I could feel my face heat up slightly. I didn’t want Audrey and Jasmine getting suspicious, but they were bound to find out sooner or later. After realizing Draco was talking to me again.

“Um, guys I’m going to sit somewhere else today.”

“Okay….” Jasmine looked at me confused.

They sat in our usual seats; I on the other hand walked over to the other side of the room and took the seat next to Draco, with Crabbe and Goyle behind us. Today we had class with the Gryffindor’s, I saw Harry and Ron walk in and go sit behind Audrey and Jasmine where we all usually sat. I could see Ron leaning close to Audrey and Jasmine’s table as if asking them something than sharply turned directly at me. He shot a disgusted look at me, my face flushed, I turned away.

“How was your weekend?” Draco smiled.

“Well, it was strangely pleasant.” I joked.

After class everyone headed off to the Great Hall for dinner. I avoided Ron because I figured he’d lecture me as he usually did about hanging around Draco. I took a seat at the Slytherin table to begin dinner but instead of sitting where I usually did, I sat next to Draco.

“I feel weird asking, but can we sit with you?” Audrey asked with Jasmine behind her.

“Duh,” I smiled.

I lasted the whole day without slipping the word of dating Draco. Maybe it was the fact that they’d rub I-told-you-so in my face or that I didn’t think they’d accept. I knew once I had to tell Harry and Ron they’d flip and once everyone else found out I’m sure I’ll get loads of remarks. It wasn’t that I was ashamed of dating him it was just I hating people judging me I guess. I think Audrey and Jasmine were beginning to catch on but they didn’t ask about it, they knew I’d come to them if I wanted them knowing. They’d find out sooner or later because I knew I wouldn’t be able to last all week without telling them.

“I have an announcement, quite please,” Professor McGonagall hushed, “You are all to go directly to common rooms after dinner. The head of the houses will be informing you on a very special event coming up. That is all.”

“I can’t wait for Snape to explain this “special” event.” Jasmine joked.

“This should be interesting.” I shrugged.

We followed the crowd of Slytherins to common room. We must have been waiting ten minutes just for Snape to show up, “Silence, lets get this over with.”

With a flick of his wand all the furniture in the room moved to the sides of the walls. I never realized how big the room was until now, “Take a seat,” there were chairs set up in a long row.

“The Yule ball is a tradition of the Triwizard tournament. On Christmas Eve night we and our guests gather in the Great Hall for this event. The Yule Ball is in other words a dance. I’m in charge of teaching you the proper dance moves. I’ll need a volunteer,” everyone went silent and no one wanted to dance with Snape, “thank you Miss Barker.”

Everyone started laughing and Snape stared at me telling me to stand up. Why did he have to pick me? I got up and stood next to Snape. “Now place your left hand on my shoulder, and take my hand with your right. Now I’ll place my place my right hand on your waist. Now follow my move, everyone get a partner and do the same.”

Out of the corner of my eye I could see Jasmine dancing with Crabbe and Audrey dancing with Goyle. I figured for some reason I’d see Draco dancing with Pansy but instead he stayed seated, Snape probably never said anything because we all knew Draco was his favorite.

After about a half an hour practicing dancing with Snape I was finally free. Snape had left and most people started drifting to their dorms, soon I was alone with Draco, “Snape was getting a bit too close to you if I say so.”

“Agreed, it was kind of creepy dancing with a teacher.” I laughed.

“I think he knows something is between us, he kept staring at me when you danced with him.” Draco said.

“That’d be weird if he did.”

“So how about dancing with me now?” He asked.

I smiled, “What if someone sees?”

“There bound to find out sometime.” He smiled.

I took his hand and began dancing with him. There wasn’t any music playing but I didn’t need any. It felt perfect, like I belonged in his arms. No one knew the sweet side to Draco like I did.
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry it took so long for me to update.
I was having a bit of writer's block.
Haha, Renae had to dance with Snape :P
Tell me what you think. (:
Comments please