Status: Co-author around-ish and computer dead. Trying to reformat. Not going too well, lost everything. :(

Power Against Resistance

16. Lost In Stereo

***************
Sage’s POV

“Are you sure you don’t need anything. This is the last stop for a while.”

“Yes Brendon I am ok.”

He looked at me still with suspicion, “No bathroom break?”

“I’m fine! Just drive.”

We were heading off to Montana. Apparently the guy that owed Brendon had a house we were allowed to stay at. Some how Brendon had gotten this car and we were taking a road trip. We had just stopped in at this little gas station to fill up and get me some food.

He started the car and pulled away from the gas pump. We were driving at night. Mostly because Brendon couldn’t go in the sun but also we knew we would be safe to sleep in the sunny day. William couldn’t touch us. Sun? I thank you even for the sunburns.

During sunrise we would find a hotel and sleep in the same bed to save money. Or that’s what he told me. I never ever saw him pay. I figured he used some weird mind power to convince the hotels to let us stay.

I felt pretty damn good. I had a sweet drink and a small bottle of orange juice because Brendon wanted me healthy. I also convinced him to buy me one of the sandwiches and a bag of beef jerky.

So I was pretty damn content.

“Do you want the radio on?”

“If you want to.”

He turned on the radio and messed around. There wasn’t much for stations because we were on the back roads so there were no radio towers around to help us with a signal. But that was ok. We talked most of the time.

I had even leaned my seat back so I could rest my feet on the dashboard. Brendon wasn’t too fond of the idea but he let me. Him and his manners were going to be the death of me.

Tonight we were going to be hitting Rapid City, South Dakota. He said we were going to stay in a more ‘exquisite’ hotel tonight to throw William of the ball if he was following us. I didn’t mind. A hotel was a hotel. They probably all have bed bugs.

That’s why we kept our clothes in the car just in case if there were any bed bugs anywhere. It was too much of a risk. But it kept things ready to go if we needed to. Worse come to worse I could drive. Brendon had gotten a car with tinted windows in the back. It would burn him but not as bad.

So we were prepared. For the most part at least.

“There is something I wanted to tell you.”

I looked at him after I swallowed my bite of ham sandwich, “What?”

“So we’re going to a city out side of Great falls. It’s really small. We’re not even going to honestly in it. Where we are going is dark, secluded and dangerous.”

“Dangerous? How so?”

“You know about myths and all that right?”

I nodded, “Yeah. Like the lake monster and all that?”

He nodded as he looked at the road, “Well, we vampires have some too. There are these creatures that are half human half vampire.”

“Like a Wendigo?”

“Yes and no. These creatures are different. They live in packs kind of like wolves. They hunt for humans all the time. I’ve never seen one but William always spoke low of them and shared quite a bit of hatred. So I think we should be careful with them.”

“Makes enough sense. I think we can handle them Brendon. How bad can it be? I mean if they are real they will see that we mean no harm and that we’re trying to hide. Maybe they can help us.”

“They’re merciless according to William.”

“Well then we avoid them.”

“Sounds good to me.”

“Bren? Are you ok? You look pale. Well, paler.”

“I haven’t fed in awhile.”

“Do we need to stop?”

“No. I’m ok.”

I gave him a motherly look, “Brendon, if you need to feed then you should go feed.”

“I will.”

“Brendon. Now.”

He pulled over to the side of the road near a bunch of trees. He rolled up all the windows and shut off the car. I pulled my feet down and looked at him. He was obviously contemplating it.

“I’ll be fine on my own.”

*****************
Brendon’s POV

“Stay in the car. Understand? I want you to lock it and stay hidden until I come back ok?”

She nodded and I leaned over and gave her a quick kiss on the cheek and a slightly longer on her lips. I was scared to leave her alone but she was right. I was starved.

I undid my seatbelt and opened the door. I looked at Sage on more time before climbing out. I closed the door. She leaned over and locked the door. I wink and turned away. I looked down the road and took of sprinting into the woods.

I remember passing a farm about a mile and a half back. So I cut to the left and headed towards it. I had a feeling that deer blood just wasn’t going to do it for me. Hell, even a moose wouldn’t satisfy me.

Yes, I was going to have to feed off the humans. As much as I didn’t want to it would be for the better.

When I reached the farm is was quiet except for a couple of the cows making some noise as I walked past. They were lying on the grass and not really paying attention to me. One of them laid their head out in front of me and I ran my hand over the head. I was always an animal lover.

I snuck into the unlocked house and noticed a man sitting in front of a tv. He was asleep with the t.v. yelling at him with She-Ra. I laughed lightly and snuck up to him. I covered his mouth with my hand and bit into his throat. I groaned at the taste but didn’t care. I needed the blood.

He started to fight me but I was obviously the stronger one. I continued to feed till he was weak and almost out of blood. I released him and he passed out once more. I wiped my mouth clean and moved on. I was still so hungry.

By the time I was done feeding I had fed off of the male, his wife, and both of his teenage sons. I left the two girls and the little boy alone. I didn’t have the heart to feed off of young people. William always frowned upon that.

I left the house but before I raided their fridge. I found a cooler and put their ice in their. I shoved in a few drinks and some food that needed to be refrigerated. Just incase we couldn’t stop I wanted her to have something.

I grabbed it and took off out of the house. I made it back to the car. I moved to the passenger side and tapped on the class. She opened her eyes and jumped. She leaned over and unlocked all the doors. I opened the back door and shoved the cooler in there.

“What’s in there?”

“Good and drinks. Just incase we can’t stop.”

“Oh. Wait. Did you steal them? How’d you get them?”

I made sure it was stable and I closed the door. I walked around the front of the car and I got in. I slipped my seatbelt on and started the car. Sage just seemed to looked at me with a questioning look.

“Well?”

“Consider it borrowing for a lot time.”

“Bren-”

I cut her off, “Relax ok. It’s not a bad thing. It’s not like they needed it anyways.”

She looked away and I shifted gears. I pulled back onto the road and started again into the darkness. She moved to look at the cooler. She opened it and pulled out a soda. She closed the cooler and sat back on her seat. She opened the can and started to drink it down.

“I promised you that you would be safe. If I have to break a few rules to do so I will.”

“Ok.”

“Are you angry with me?”

She shook her head, “Nope. Just tired.”

“We’ll be at a hotel soon. Maybe one with a huge fluffy bed and a nice spa. Oh! And a sexy man could give you a massage.”

She gave me a weird look, “A hot guy to give you a massage?”

I rolled my eyes, “I meant me.”

I knew she was joking with me but she was trying to be mean, “So you’re the hot guy?”

I got sarcastic with some laughter, “I’m the hottest damn bitch you every saw.”

She cracked up and almost chocked on her drink. I smiled and patted her thigh. She shook her head and opened her bag of beef jerky. This was going to be a long ride to Great Falls. Nice thing was we were half way.
****************
♠ ♠ ♠
Thanks for being so patient guys. So she says she's back so lets see how this goes. lol
Updates soon I promise!

Thanks for reading. Please comment and subscribe.

Thanks for me previous people who comment.