Status: Co-author around-ish and computer dead. Trying to reformat. Not going too well, lost everything. :(

Power Against Resistance

15. Slip Through My Fingers

****************
William’s POV

I huffed softly, “You are pathetic. All of you!”

Ryan Ross was cradling his crippled arm that was dripping blood onto my floor, “It’s not our fault.”

I sat up straight in my chair, “How is it not? Enlighten us in your philosophy Ross.”

He started to speak until Michael spoke, “Shut the hell up Ross. This is mostly your fault because you fucked up.”

Ryan winced as he yelled, “I did not fuck up.”

Mike spoke, “Are you kidding or you just too stupid to understand what surprise attack means?!”

I spoke through gritted teeth, “Will you stop bleeding on my floor!”

Ryan looked down and growled. He went over to a fake plant and held his wounded arm away from my floor. I shook my head at him and looked around the room. I couldn’t help but laugh.

“A human girl and a vampire. We were outsmarted by a human girl and a vampire.”

A small laughter broke out. It was more of a tensed forced out laughter. They had no idea what I was going to do. I didn’t know what I was going to do. I watched them shift around and look at each other. I pounded my fist against the desk and a few jumped.

I was serious and so were they, “This does not mean we will give up. That’s simply not the Dandie way. Rest now and stay the fuck away from me tonight.”

***************
Sage’s POV

“Sage?”

I looked up from my nails, “Yes?”

“How do you feel about moving?”

I was a little shocked, “As in leaving this place?”

“Yes. Out of Illinois.”

“I’ve never been out of state.”

“It might be safer. If you really wanted I could get your stuff and we could find somewhere safe.”

I was a little confused and frustrated, “But- William? Isn’t he…gone?”

Brendon looked at his feet, “I don’t know.”

I played with my fingers and he continued, “I know you don’t know me that well. I know a lot has happened in this past week but all I can do is find a safe place for you and hope.”

“Hope?”

“I’ve been around for two centuries and it took me two weeks to fall in love with you. It’s not that I marked you. That’s not the reason. I don’t know. I would understand if you didn’t you feel the same. Why would you? I’m a monster that ruined your life.”

I shook my head and lean across the bed I was on with him, “No. It was that vampire that grabbed me. Not you. You….You saved me.”

He looked up and his coffee eyes held so much guilt, “I’m so sorry. I don’t want to be this anymore. For so long I could just kill people. Now I…I can’t and it kills me yet again to know how many people…”

Like salt in a wound.

I hugged him, “Don’t do this to yourself. You’ve done enough this pass week to make up for it all.”

“Do you know the things I have done for the Dandies?”

“Brendon stop this! That was the past. What good is it to hold on to it? What are you going to gain from it? The vampire here that works with the hunters. He doesn’t drink human blood. You could learn from them. The future Brendon! A life away from it all.”

He hugged me so tightly, “I can’t. I’m not strong enough.”

I pulled away and I looked at him in the eyes, “Yes you can! I might not know you well but you’ve proved to me that you are good! That you know how to do good. Now embrace it.”

Brendon nodded, “You’re right. I can do this.”

“So. What are our options to moving?”

Brendon shrugged, “I was thinking Michigan or Minnesota.”

“Well, I never thought I would move to the land of cheese.”

Brendon let out a light chuckle and a smile dance across his lips, “Well, do you have a suggestion?”

I shrugged, “I’ve always wanted to go to Montana…”

Brendon put on an educated look, “Hmm. That might be a good idea. Actually I used to have a friend. He does owe me….”

“Owe you?”

“Don’t worry about it. I’ll start planning.”

I wanted to pay him back for that one time in my house where I thought he was going to kiss me. I leaned past him to get a book. My lips brushed his cheek and I could see him smirking.

He spoke softly, “Tease….”

I looked at him as I pulled away, “I didn’t start it.”

He leaned forward and tilted his head. He captured my lips with a tender kiss. I felt my stomach flutter with tons of butterflies. Now I’ve kissed a few guys but his lips were so different. I don’t know what it was but I loved it.

I dropped my book into my lap and let one of my hands grab his cheek and the other wrap around his neck. I kissed back with some force and he met it. He pushed a little more and I leaned a little back. He pulled my hands away and pushed me back.

I fell back against the bed and he leaned over me. He kissed me again and still soft. He nibbled on my bottom lip. I refused to take up the invite. He pulled away and smirked. He brushed my hair away from my face and moved off of me. I blushed and sat up.

“I should –“

“You don’t have-“

Neither of us could finish our statements. We sounded like little kids. Well, like crushes those were still young. We smiled and he shrugged like an innocent kid. He had a goofy smile and jumped up off the bed.

“Are you going to leave?”

“Just for a bit. I’ll be back.”
*********************
♠ ♠ ♠
So sorry for the wait.

So a special thanks to AmiexD
She has generously made me tons of banners! I am soo grateful and I love all of them.
Thanks to all my subscribers and peeps who comment. It means the world so a big THANK YOU!

Please comment and subscribe.

IMPORTANT: I have no idea where my co-author has gone. Something came up and I can’t get a hold of her. I don’t know if its life or she just doesn’t want to write. So I will be carrying on this story as a SOLO project until further notice. I hope she contacts me soon. I’ve been waiting for her since March. I’m sure she’s just busy but our readers can’t wait any longer. Now I have to thing what the hell I'm going to do with this story. >.< Thank you –Alpha Vengeance Disaster or Jess if you prefer. (If you want to know how I got my name message me. I actually have a cool story with it. And I didn’t at the “Vengeance” cause of A7x)