Fate Is Leading The Way

So Is This What You Wanted? To Bad It's What You Got

Image

Hannah's P.O.V.

A little later Joe, Fate, Kevin and I drove to my house for dinner. The rest of the family would be at my house too after they were done getting ready. Joe and I kept catching each others eye and smiling at each other. Kevin kept watching us; I know he has to know something is going on. Joe and I sat in the living room watching TV while Fay sat on the floor with her dolls. Kevin was outside on the ohine with someone. Joe had an arm around my shoulders, my head rested on his chest.

"Hey Hannah come here please." My mom called.

I sighed and stood up. I had a feeling she wanted to talk to me about Joe, we hadn't told her but its pretty obvious.

"What's going on with you and Joe?"

Ha told you so.

"We're together." I said quietly, a smile sneaking its way onto my face.

"Are you sure this is a good idea?" My mom asked concerned.

"I like him." I said with a shrug like this explained everything.

"I understand that but don't you think this could end badly?"

"It won't." I said confidently.

"Fine." My mom said turning away from me.

I walked back into the living room and sat next to Joe.

"You ok?" He asked lacing our fingers together.

"Yeah." I said smiling, what I hoped was a convincing smile.

************************************************************

When the rest of the Jonas' came over for dinner Nick ignored my hello. I acted like he didn't bother me if he wanted to be like that whatever. What made me upset was he ignored Fate. She ran to him her arms outstretched wanting him to hold her and sing to her.

When he didn't acknowledge her she pouted and said, "daddy?"

I picked Fate up and took her upstairs to her room. I put her jacket on then went to my room. I grabbed my car keys then walked past everyone sitting in the living room. I heard them call my name as I walked out the door. I was going to take Fate somewhere away from Nick.

I sat in my car outside of the mall. I had no plans to go inside I just needed some where to go. My cell phone rang again, the caller ID reading Joe. Instead of hitting the ignore button, like I had been for the past few calls, I answered it.

"Hello?"

"Hannah, where are you?" Joe asked panic in his voice.

"At the mall."

"Why?"

"I needed out of the house." I said. "Sorry I didn't tell you."

"Its ok."

"I'm on my way back home." I said starting my car.

"Ok. I'll wait for you outside. We can go for a drive together." He said I could hear ther smile in his voice.

"Alright."

We hung up and I drove back to my house. I parked in front of my house and waited for Joe to get in.

"Hey." Joe said sliding into the passenger seat.

"Hi." I said smiling at Joe. "Where to?" I asked driving down the street.

"Anywhere." Joe said settling into his seat. He glanced back at Fate who was sleeping in her seat peacefully. We drove around town aimlessly in silence. Joe held onto my hand while we drove, occasionally he would run his thumb over my knuckles.

"We should probably go back." I said, breaking our comfortable silence.

"Ok." Joe said smiling warmly at me.

We arrived back at home, the Jonas' car still in the drive way. I sighed as I realized I would have to face everyones questions. I sat in the car a few seconds longer to prepare myself.

"Hannah?" Joe asked concerned.

I looked at him and tried to smile but failed miserably.

"Don't let Nick get to you." Joe said quietly. He leaned forward and our lips met. He pulled away and smiled at me before his lips landed on mine again. I ran a hand through his unruly hair, his hand rested on my waist.

"We have to go inside." Joe said his face still inches from mine.

"I know." I whispered.

I kissed Joe one more time before we both got out of the car. Joe picked Fate up from the back seat. She was still asleep as we walked into the house.

"Just take her up to her room." I said to Joe. He smiled and kissed me on the forehead then walked upstairs. I slowly made my way to the living room where I assumed everyone would be. My mom, Kevin Sr., and Denise sat on the couches talking while both Kevin Jr. And Nick sat on another couch on their phones.

"Hannah! Where have you been?" My mom asked seeing me first.

"Out." I said shrugging my shoulders.

"Hey guys." Joe said walking into the room. His hand held onto mine while we stood in front of our family's.

"Where's Fate?" mom asked.

"In bed." Joe said. He walked over to the couch Kevin and Nick sat, dragging me along. He sat down and pulled me down next to him.

"What's going on?" Nick asked eyeing Joe's hand that rested on my leg.

"Nothing." Was my automatic reply. He looked away from me, his BlackBerry taking his attention again. I watched as he scrolled through his phone a frown on his handsome features. Out of no where I felt like maybe this was a bad idea, maybe I shouldn't be with Joe. I looked up at Joe his eyes looking ahead as he played with a strand of my hair. I looked back at Nick and he was looking at me. I held his gaze, he had me hypnotized.

"Hannah can we talk now?" Nick asked his eyes still holding mine.

"Sure." I said finally looking away.

"Do you want me to come with?" Joe asked.

I stood from the couch and looked back at Joe.

"No, I'll be fine." I said smiling reasuringly.

Joe and Nick shared a look, a look I never wanted to see again. It was like they were challenging each other. I walked out to the back yard and sat down on one of the chairs. Nick sat across from me his hands taping against his thigh.

"What did you want to talk about?" I asked looking at the stars.

"Well for starters why are you dating my brother?"
♠ ♠ ♠
haha I couldn't wait to upload this. so how are you liking this change in the story? do you like Joe and Hannah together? I want your opinions so I can figure out the rest of the story, I'm still a little undecided.

Comment! : )