‹ Prequel: Love Bites
Sequel: Everlasting Love

Second Chances

Chapter 11

Edward and Bella picked me up for the party on their way past; Jacob was going to take my car home for me. Edward was tense and Bella was quiet; I finally got them to tell me what was going on. It seems like there was only one person that was after Bella and I; the vampire stole our stuff to get our scent and to see if they could get past Alice, there was only one person who would do this and that was Victoria. I ran into the Cullen’s house to see that Alice had transformed the house into a club; it looked so amazing that my mouth opened slightly as I looked around.

“At least someone likes my work” Alice giggled hugging me.

“It’s… wow!” I breathed out smiling widely.

“Oh this is for you Alice” I said hanging her the present I got her.

“I didn’t see you getting me anything” Alice complained as the rest of the Cullen’s and Spencer walked into the front room.

“I took the wolves with me” I smirked at her; she opened her present and her eyes widen, I brought her a gift voucher for an Italian shoe shop.

It’s a good thing I make money on fixing cars and Jacob can run fast. I gave Edward his present which was an empty music book but I had written out Bella’s lullaby on the first page; and I gave Bella a gift voucher for a book store. Alice gave me a massive box full on different colour Converses; she knows there my favourite shoe, Edward and Bella gave me a box full of CD’s from all the artists/bands I like, and Jasper gave me a beautiful promise ring.

I socialized when people started turning up; I was holding Jasper’s hand tightly so he just stood beside me when I was talking to people. I felt Jasper stiffen beside me; I looked up to see him rolling his eyes quickly then I saw Jacob, Quil and Embry were finally here. I dragged Jasper with me as I ran towards my brothers; I hugged them again but then I was dragged away by Jasper, so I quickly pointed to where Bella was which made Jacob mouth ‘thank you’. Suddenly I saw Quil trying to grab my attention; when our eyes met I dragged Jasper towards him, Embry, Jacob, Spencer, Alice and Bella.

“What’s coming?” Jacob asked sternly; I haven’t told him that we found out that the newborn vampires are coming for me and Bella.

“Our kind and lots of them” Alice said flicking her eyes to Bella and then me; Jasper closed to gap between us.

“There’s too many for you?” Jacob asked; his eyes turned to me.

“We can handle them, dog. It will be an even fight” Jasper said coldly; I frowned when he called my brother a dog, I hated how they called each other names.

“Oh no it won’t be” Jacob smiled cheerfully; I know the smile, he’s up to something.

“Great now everything disappeared” Alice complained but a smile was forming on her lips.

“We’ll have to coordinate” Jacob said leaning closer to Alice in excitement.

“No, no way!” I yelled frowning at my brother.

“You didn’t really think we were going to stay out of this? Alex, if your in danger we’ll help” Jacob smiling down at me.

“You are staying out of it” I said firmly.

“Alice, tell them no! They’ll get killed!” Bella yelled making Jacob, Quil and Embry laugh.

“How many?” Quil asked Alice ignoring Bella and I.

“No!” I screamed.

“It changes but today was twenty one” Alice said ignoring me completely.

“This isn’t the right place to talk about it” Spencer said looking around at the party.

“Later tonight?” Jacob pushed.

“Yes, we were already planning a meeting. If you’re going to fight with us then you’ll need some instructions” Jasper told the wolves.

“No!” I whined glaring between Jacob and Jasper. I frowned as Jasper told my brother the time of the meeting and where the clearing was. After Jacob, Embry and Quil left I was suddenly not in a mood for a party; I stomped up the stairs angrily which made Carlisle, Esme, Emmett and Rosalie stay out of my way. I slammed the door to Jasper’s room shut but it was opened again a second later; Jasper calmly walked into his room, I knew he was trying to calm me down but I wasn’t letting him.

“Alexandra, what’s wrong?” Jasper asked walking up to me; his cold hands grabbed mine but I pulled mine away.

“You know what’s wrong! How could you let this happen? How could you let the wolves join in the fight?” I yelled growing more furious by the second.

“They wanted to join us Alex, it will be a lot safer if we have more fighters” Jasper explained calmly.

“I don’t want them to fight! I don’t my family to get hurt!” I shouted pacing around his room.

“Alex, just calm down please” Jasper begged wrapping his arms around my waist to stop me.

“Calm down? I am not going to calm down when both of my families are going to get hurt because of me!” I yelled frowning up at Jasper.

“Alex, we probably won’t get hurt now” Jasper said softly looking deep into my eyes.

“You better hope you don’t because after the fight you will have to deal with me” I warned Jasper; a smile grew across his lips as he chuckled about my warning.

“It’s not funny, I’m being serious” I pouted slapping his chest; I don’t know why I tried because he wouldn’t feel it.

“I know, I’m sorry about laughing” Jasper apologized but his smile grew wider. I signed resting my head on his chest; Jasper rested his chin on the top of my head and wrapped his arms tighter around my waist.

“Please don’t leave me” I whispered softly.

“I won’t” Jasper promised.

“Take care of my wolves?” I asked looking up into his stunning light gold eyes.

“I will” He promised me again; a small smile formed on my lips. Jasper slowly leaned down; my hands ran up his chest and cupped his face, Jasper easily found my lips with his. Jazz kissed me gently but with all the love and passion that he was feeling; I deepened the kiss with all the passion and affection I was feeling.

“You should get some sleep” Jasper said breaking our kiss; I could feel his cold breath brush against my lips, I breathed in taking in his sweet scent.

“I’m coming with you tonight” I told him sternly; there was no way I would miss this, I had to make sure nothing happened.

“Of coarse you are” Jasper signed knowing he couldn’t change my mind; as I climbed into Jasper’s massive bed. Jasper tucked me in before he wrapped his arms around my body; I rested my head on his chest and tried to get some sleep.
♠ ♠ ♠
Comment please!