‹ Prequel: Love Bites
Sequel: Everlasting Love

Second Chances

Chapter 5

“Jacob, this is stupid! Don’t go!” I said following my big brother outside; we walked over to where my car and his bike were.

“Alex, I’m going whether you like it or not” Jacob replied to me over his shoulder; he hopped onto his bike placing his helmet on, I jumped into my car and started it. Jacob pulled out of the driveway first but I was close behind him; we both sped down the highway towards Forks. Jacob was coming to school with me so he could talk to Edward; I had tried to get him not to, I after all did know the Cullen’s and I could easily set a meeting up.

It was easy for me to keep up with Jacob; we both drive fast so it didn’t take that long until Jacob was parking on the sidewalk and I parked in a car spot. I got out and quickly walked over to my brother; people were already starting to stare at Jacob as he took his helmet off and leaned against his bike.

“Jacob, you can still go home and I’ll set up a meeting” I begged him; I didn’t want him fighting with Edward, I didn’t want him to lose control and phase and I didn’t want him in trouble with my principle.

“I’m not going anywhere until I talk to the leech” Jacob told me quietly; his eyes glaring at the students who were looking our way, their eyes widened from shocked at seeing an 18 year old looking like Jacob. Jacob was now 6”9’, with muscles that could be seen through his shirt.

“Fine” I signed rolling my eyes at his stubbornness.

“Don’t worry Al, I’ll be fine” Jacob reassured me; he wrapped his strong warm arms around my body, pulling me into a hug. Within a few minutes Bella and Edward arrived at school; they walked over to us hand in hand, I knew Jacob wouldn’t like that so I leaned my back into his chest more.

“You could have called us” Edward’s voice was hard and cold.

“Sorry, but I don’t have any leech’s on speed dial” Jacob snorted.

“You could find me at Bella’s or you could have asked Alex to set up a meeting” Edward replied; I felt Jacob wince slightly when Edward said the first part.

“This is hardly the place, Jacob. Could we discuss this later?” Edward asked.

“Sure, sure. I’ll stop by your crypt after school then. What’s wrong with now?” Jacob snorted tightening his grip on me as I rolled my eyes; I had told him before that the Cullen’s live in a house.

“I already know what you’re going to say. Message delivered, consider us warned” Edward said reading my brother’s thoughts.

“Warned?” Bella asked; oh man Edward didn’t tell her about happened?

“You didn’t tell her? Oh man! His big brother crossed the line Saturday night. Paul was totally justified in…” Jacob said but was cut off by Edward.

“It was no mans land” Edward hissed.

“Was not!” Jacob started trembling; he took two deep slow breathes to calm himself down, Edward leaned forward slight just incase he needed to pull me away from my brother.

“Leave now Jacob” Edward hissed more harshly.

“You didn’t tell her anything did you? That’s why you took her away so she won’t know. She has a right to know, it’s her life” Jacob shook his head.

“What’s wrong? What’s going on?” Bella asked looking between the three of us.

“What so you want Bella not to know that she’s back?” I asked frowning; how could anyone keep something like this away from Bella.

“She’s back? Victoria’s back” Bella gasped. I had known that she was back for a few days now; I was shocked and scared when Jacob told me, the pack promised that nothing would happen to me, and then Jasper promised that he wouldn’t let anything happen to me.

“The principle is on his way. Come on Bella, Alex, lets go to English” Edward said looking at me but I didn’t move because Jacob tightened his arms around my chest.

“Don’t tell my sister what to do!” Jacob hissed through his teeth; I saw everyone that was crowded around the four of us leaning in closer so they could hear better.

“Just because you can tell Bella what to do doesn’t mean you can get away with telling my sister what to do” Jacob said angrily.

“Alright everyone get to class” Mr. Greene’s voice was stern; I saw him walking towards us, everyone groaned but started walking to class.

“Is there a problem here?” He asked standing in front of us.

“Not at all Mr. Greene, we were just going to class” Edward said.

“Good. I don’t recognize you’re friend. Are you a new student? He asked turning to Jacob.

“Nope” Jacob smirked.

“Then I suggest you remove yourself from my school grounds” Mr. Greene told my brother.

“Yes, sir” Jacob grinned.

“See you later sis” Jacob told pulling away from me and kissing my head before starting his loud bike and speeding down the road.

“Miss Black, I expect you to ask your brother to stay away from my school” Mr. Greene told me.

“I sure will” I replied smiling the smile that always gets me out of trouble. All my life Jacob has gotten us into trouble and I always manage to get us out of it.

“Well off to class now please” Mr. Greene told us; I walked to English with Edward and Bella.

“I’m sorry about him” I said while we were walking through the hallway.

“It’s not your fault Alex” Edward reassured me with a smile.

“Yeah Alex, you can’t control what your brother does” Bella said smiling softly at me.

“I begged him not to come but he didn’t listen to me” I apologized.

“And I know that what happened on Saturday wasn’t Emmett’s fault but it wasn’t Paul’s fault either. I know Bella knows how Paul can get and I’m sure she would have told you about him” I said to Edward mostly.

“It’s fine Alex, we don’t blame Paul. If it was the other way around we probably would have done the exactly same thing” Edward chuckled quietly; making Bells and I to finally smile this morning.
♠ ♠ ♠
Comment please!