‹ Prequel: Love Bites
Sequel: Everlasting Love

Second Chances

Chapter 9

“Jacob, that’s not a good idea! Trust me!” I argued with my brother; he told me that he was going to tell Bella something, he was going to tell her that he was in love with her.

“Why Alex? Doesn’t she have a right to know?” Jacob replied; we were standing in the living room, I was packing my school bag for my first day of finals.

“Normally I would say yes but she’s with Edward! She has a boyfriend who she’s in love with” I said running a hand through my hair.

“I know that! But I’m going to give her a choice. Or is it that you don’t think she’s good enough for me?” Jacob said narrowing his eyes slightly.

“Jacob, don’t be stupid! Look I have to go but please just think about what you’re planning to do just a little bit more?” I asked while I walked to my car with Jacob behind me.

“Fine! And good luck on your finals. I know you will ace them” Jacob said pulling me into a big warm tight hug.

“Thanks Jacob” I smiled kissing my brother’s cheek; he smiled brightly and kissed the top of my head. When I pasted the border I smiled when I saw Sam, Embry, Quil and Seth hiding in the forest; they howled quietly to wish me luck.

“Thank God!” I signed walking towards my car; I had just walked out of my first two finals, and I must say that I thought I did pretty good too. Before I started my drive to the Cullen’s house I called Jacob; I had promised him that I would.

“How did you do honey?” Jacob asked as soon as he picked the phone up.

“Pretty good I think” I smiled and chuckled quietly.

“See I told you that you didn’t need to worry about anything” Jacob said proudly.

“Yeah I know” I rolled my eyes but then realised that Jacob couldn’t see me; we hung up and I drove towards the Cullen’s house.

“How did you go?” Jasper asked me when he opened my car door; he gently held my hand to help me out.

“Good I think” I smiled up at him.

“I knew you would” Jasper smiled proudly down at me; my smile grew as he leaned down and caught my lips with his.

“It seems that everyone but me knew I would do well” I mumbled to myself as we walked towards his house.

“What do you mean?” Jasper asked tilting his head to the side slightly.

“Dad and Jacob” I stated and Jazz nodded understanding what I meant.

“Where is everyone?” I asked when no one greeted me at the front door.

“Hunting and watching over Bella and Charlie” Jazz said simply; we walked into his room hand in hand. I plopped onto his comfy couch and dropped my bag on the floor; I watched as Jasper walked over to me slowly, his eyes never leaving me.

He sat next to me closely wrapping his arms around my waist; I rested my head on his shoulder and slowly ran my hand up and down his chest. Suddenly I started to feel different; it took me a few seconds until I realised that it was my female hormones kicking into gear, I didn’t want Jasper to know so I tried to push the feelings to the back of my mind, but it didn’t work. I sat up a bit turning my body to face Jasper a bit more; I kissed up his neck to his jaw line, I kissed across his jaw line before I found his lips. I kissed him passionately; Jasper kissed back deepening our kiss, I placed both my hands on his chest while I straddled his waist. Jasper’s hand slowly ran from my waist to my hips; his hands tighten gently on my hips making me moan quietly. Jasper broke the kiss but moved onto my neck; my breathing and heart were getting faster, my hands were still rubbing his chest slowly. Jasper took several deep breaths while he was kissing my neck; he then slowly made his way to my jaw line and then to my lips again.

I wanted to go further; I was ready for this, I wanted to become closer to Jasper. My hands traveled further down until I came to the bottom of my shirt; my hands left Jasper’s chest as I slowly pulled my shirt up, I watched as Jasper’s golden eyes trailed up my body as I revealed my warm skin. I threw my shirt onto the floor and caught Jasper’s lips again; I knew Jasper could feel that I wanted this. I shivered from pleasure as his icy cold hands made contact with my now hot skin; his hands traveled up and down my waist as our kiss deepened. I was so glad that we were alone because things were starting to heat up; I was sure that Jasper and I were finally going to make love, but of coarse I was wrong. Jasper broke the kiss and flitted to the other side of his room; it wasn’t one of his greatest ideas. From the impact of Jasper moving so quickly made me flip over onto my back; and because I was straddling his waist, his body connected with my right knee.

“Ahh!” I screamed loudly as my hands instantly grabbed my leg just above my knee.

“Alex?” Jasper asked quietly; he was by my side in half a second. I couldn’t answer him through the pain; I threw my head back onto the back of the couch, I squeezed my eyes shut.

“Alexandra, what’s wrong?” Jasper asked me again.

“Don’t!” I screamed when Jasper touched my knee gently; he removed his hand in a flash.

“Alex, I am so sorry. I’ll call Carlisle” Jasper whispered pulling his phone from his pocket.

“He’s on his way home. I’m so sorry Alex” Jasper said sadly; he brushed his fingertips across my cheek.

“Carlisle and Esme are back” Jasper said was he quickly placed my shirt back on me; his door was opened just as he pulled my shirt over my stomach.

“Alex, what’s wrong?” Carlisle asked kneeing beside me.

“My knee” I said through my teeth.

“It’s dislocated; Esme can you get my bag please?” Carlisle said in his calm voice; Esme was back in a second, she handed Carlisle his bag and stood behind me stroking my hair.

“This will hurt Alex but the pain will fade” Carlisle told me; I nodded gently I just wanted him to make the pain disappear, I heard Carlisle softly count to three.

“Ahh!” I screamed as Carlisle pushed my knee back into its right spot; I threw my head back into Esme’s hands, my breathing was deep and shallow, I released my tight grip on Jasper’s hand.

“I’m sure that feels a lot better” Carlisle said pulling my jean leg up and bandaged my knee just for support.

“Thank you Carlisle” I breathed smiling softly; Carlisle smiled back grabbing Esme’s hand and dragging her out of Jasper’s room.

“I am so sorry Alexandra, I will understand if you never forgive me” Jasper apologized sadly.

“Jazz, it was accident and it was my fault” I said lifting Jasper’s head up so I could look at his face.

“I shouldn’t have pushed you like that” I said staring into his pain filled eyes.

“Trust me Alex I wanted that just as much as you but I can never hurt you again. You don’t know what you do to me; what you’re body does to me” Jasper said cupping my face in his cold hands.

“So it wasn’t because you didn’t want me” I asked double checking.

“Alex, I always want you but I can’t hurt you. It’s different for vampires, our senses are stronger then humans. If we did… I would hurt you… I could lose control and I’m not going to risk that with you” Jasper explained to me; I nodded in understanding but that didn’t mean I was going to stop trying because I wasn’t.