Status: Active.

The Meaning in the Rhyme

Rockin her new shades

“We should go out to dinner just the two of us.” I said twirling nervously in my dress. Chelsea and I were standing in a 24 Hour Laundromat not far from the venue we’d be playing tomorrow.

“You mean breakfast?” She asked laughing. I pulled my phone of the pocket of my hoodie and checked the time. 1:12.

“Yeah! We never get to hang out alone and talk anymore. I feel like I have so much to catch up on.

“You do. We have to stealthy sneak away or else we’ll never hear the end of how we forgot them.” She said sliding a folded shirt into the duffel bag. I sighed and pulled my bag onto my back.

“Ten bucks says we can be snakes and someone out there is going to catch us.”

“Maybe your best friend; Alex!” She cooed. I glared at her and slipped out the Laundromat.

I popped the trunk and dropped my bag in the trunk happy to once again have clean clothes. I had shoved close to 30 outfits including sleepy stuff in that bag and still managed to run out within a 20 day time period. None the less tour life was a good life.

“The boys aren’t here.” Chelsea said from the front seat. I shrugged. We closed the van back up and snuck past Farewell and Valencia’s bus. We’d just gotten past the front of the All Time Low bus when Jack and Alex startled us both by wrapping their arms around our shoulders. I groaned.

“Hello boys.” Chelsea said rolling her eyes and looking at me.

“Where are you two beautiful ladies headed off to?” Alex asked.

“Food. We spent all night washing everyone’s clothes. Remember?” I said slipping my phone out and opening the message from Shane.

“I wonder who she’s always talking to on that thing.” Jack said peering over my shoulder.

“She’s talking to Shane because he’s awesome.” Chelsea said absentmindingly looking at the sky.

“You never text me.” Alex said pouting.

“You’re always around! I don’t need to text you!” I exclaimed. Jack and Chelsea were talking and pointing at the sky. It was cute. I just wished they hadn’t left me to entertain Alex.

“So, are you and Shane together?” Alex asked the cocky smile gone from his face. I wanted to melt right there. Underneath that dumb smirk there was a decent man there he just didn’t show up that often.

“Nope. We’re just friends. Who needs a relationship when we’re this young?” I asked smiling at him. We walked into a dumpy Waffle House and sat down. As the food came Jack and Chelsea got closer and closer. I wasn’t jealous or anything I just thought she was into Zack then again she could be hard to read.

“I think my best friend is stealing your best friend.” Alex whispered in my ear. I giggled and pushed on his side to get him to let me out. It was awkward to watch. I stepped outside into the chill air. The small town was completely silent. Alex joined me minutes later.

“Hey. Couldn’t be in there any longer?” He shrugged and pulled the red hood over his head.

“You like him don’t you?”

“I-I did. He’s Chelsea’s territory now.”

“He’s not a fire hydrant.” I laughed.

“Turn around, bro. He is Chelsea’s fire hydrant.” Alex and I turned around. Jack and Chelsea were practically making babies inside that trashy Waffle House.

“Everyone’s getting some but me on this tour.” Alex pouted cutely.

“Seriously?”

“I’ve been a good boy!” He said crossing his arms across his chest. I gave him a doubtful look and turned back to the road. This was one of those moments where I wished I had started smoking. It’d give me something to do in awkward moments like this. I smiled and turned to him. My hand rested on his chest.

“How much would you like to change that?” I asked grabbing his hand and pulling him away from the brightly lit window. A devious smirk grew on his features. He pushed me against the cold wall and kissed me. What was a tour without a little scandal?
♠ ♠ ♠
Taige
Chelsea

So, since you guys don't feel the need to comment I don't feel the need to post quite that often. Thank you to everyone who has commented.
Title cred- The Summer Set