Status: Active.

The Meaning in the Rhyme

Young and Reckless

I flipped up the computer screen and waited for it to load. I hadn’t touched the laptop in months and was shocked to see Caleb Turman as my background.

“Aw. That’s cute.” I jumped slightly and looked up Marshall was leaning against the back of the couch looking over my shoulder.

“Are you judging me?”

“Catastrophic amounts of judgment happening here.” I groaned and picked up the closet shoe in reach of me. The rank Nike made us both gag mid air.

“Who’s shoe is this?!” I asked dropping it.

“Jack’s I think. Kids an animal.”

“That’s what she said.” He laughed and jumped over the couch sitting down next to me.

“What are you doing anyway?” He asked watching me search through the hundreds of pictures I had saved to an album called Sharkbait. It was beautiful.

“Changing my background. Writing. Myspace. I don’t know. I’m just trying to chill. Staying out of trouble is easier doing this than hanging with anyone.”

“Oh….Would you by chance know where Chelsea is?” He asked nervously.

“The van if I’m not mistaken. Or, coffee with Jeph and Andrew. She’ll be here soon enough.” I said choosing a cute robot with hipster glasses on. Chelsea walked in the door seconds later, arms loaded down with her bag, Starbucks coffee and muffins. “Life saver! Food! Thank you!” I scrambled to unload her arms.

“The guys said you can have it all.” I looked at the three cups in my lap and back to her.

“Honestly? I’ll die. Oh. Marshall, there’s Chelsea.” I said biting into a chocolate chip muffin.

“Thanks Taige. Chels’ can we talk?” I looked up quickly just in time to catch the look cross between the two. What was going on?! They left out the back door leaving me inside the venue. I was reading a passionate message when sudden weight made the couch sink a little.

“Don’t let your eyes burn out your head.” I almost spilt the coffee I was holding all over Shane’s lap.

“Dude, I inspired this chick to start playing guitar despite being left handed as I! Holy shit. I’m blown away.” He simply smiled.

“It’s a beautiful feeling isn’t it? I remember the first letter I got like that. Cried like a baby, won’t lie.”

“Aw. I was close to tears and then you so kindly interrupted me.” I stuck my tongue out at him and hit the reply button.

“You’re replying?”

“Yeah. To all of them. I’m like the Pat Kirch of the band.” He nearly fell off the couch laughing.

“That’s beautiful. You should go with me on a walk though. I’ve never been here either.”

“We’ve been here before. Once. I love hitting up the Midwest though. Such cute, little towns.”

“That’s adorable. Now lets go!” He said latching onto my hand. I shut the computer and followed his smiling face. I had yet to mention Alex and Alex hadn’t mentioned anything to me so I guess it was a swept under the rug kind of thing.

“Don’t be cliché, Shane!” I said digging my feet into the ground when the park came into view. It wasn’t much of a park more of a swing set with a slide slammed dead middle in town.

“I can’t help it!” He said beaming back at me. My phone buzzed in my back pocket.

New Message from Barakitty

I hit open allowing Shane to continue guiding me.

>Taige, I miss you. You’re my bff. BFF’S DON’T JUST LEAVE!

I laughed aloud and caught up with Shane.

“Jacks mad I left him.”

“Really?”

“Yep. It’s all your fault. I’m going to tell him that by the way then he’s going to stick his stinky shoe in your face and you’ll die!” I said beginning to type this message. Shane took the phone away and held it above my head.

“I can’t let you do that.”

“Please?! I’ll do anything!” I whined.

“Anything?” I rolled my eyes. Typical guy response.

“Within moral reasoning.” He smirked and wrapped his arm around my waist pulling me forward. My heart quickened. Was this really about to happen? His lips lightly brushed mine. I was to stunned to respond other than stare dumbfounded after him as he laughed walking away.

There was problem with what had just happened though. Instead of being stoked that Shane Hendorsen was willing to kiss me I was disappointed it wasn’t a certain former skunk haired guitar player. Go figure. What was I going to do? And, what was going on with Chelsea?
♠ ♠ ♠
Osup you guys?! Hope you had a great holiday!
Outifits
Title cred- Someone Just Like You